Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: Frosty, my dear dog
Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: October 25, 2018 11:00

Sorry to hear of your loss babyblue. Dogs are great companions, cherish your memories of Frosty.

Date: October 25, 2018 12:25

13 years - probably a ton of memories. Maybe put on some good music.

I know this isn't an original thought, but I have come to prefer the company of dogs over humans.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2018 12:30

Here's a lovely song about a dear departed hound. Sorry for your loss Babyblue.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:31

Hi everyone thanks so much for all your kind words, it
eases the pain.Got good news but will start at the beginning sorry I didn't explain everything at the time, I was so depressed and feeling the worst.

On this Sunday morning of this week the 21 St Oct I my dog wanted to go out of house to piss. I let her out, this was 8am. By Monday morning I was concerned. Then on Tuesday at 11 pm I thought the worse. She has arthritis in one back leg. I thought she made up her mind the pain was too much and decided to go somewhere and lie down and go away from this world. Then on Wednesday,yesterday at 9am I was talking to a lady friend. I was looking outside my back deck Frosty was standing at the bottom of the stairs. I thought is this a dream. I looked again there she was looking up at the window where I was. It was a miracle, I had looked all over my property and my neighbors for 3 days. Called all the vets, kennels and SPCA.Guess she wasn't ready to say goodbye.I will take her to my vet today for a check up as she does have issues.All's well that ends well. I am sure keeping her close to me now hugging, kissing her and telling her I love her.
So everyone there is hope when you think all is lost.God answered my prayers. Thanks again for all your support I really appreciate it. Didn't know I had so many friends here.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-25 17:49 by babyblue.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 25, 2018 17:40

I'm happy for you but please, please, please keep dogs on leashes. You never know for sure what they will do. Yes. This is a wonderful site with so much support available.

Date: October 25, 2018 17:53

steffialicia
I'm happy for you but please, please, please keep dogs on leashes. You never know for sure what they will do. Yes. This is a wonderful site with so much support available.

I live in the rural area not the city. I have a lot of bush here so I just let her run around.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 26, 2018 00:47

That's hilarious! The same thing happened to my favorite cat at least twice. Hadn't seen it for days and then the @#$%& shows up like nothing happened. Though I have to admit he did show up once pretty beat up (huge gash on his head) probably from an un-neutered tom-cat. The nine lives thing is definitely true.About 3 weeks ago he was weak and laconic and didn't eat for about 3 days. I thought he was dying of cancer. Today he's fat and sassy, strong and bitches about everything and everyone. That's it. No more pets for me. I can't deal with the stress.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 26, 2018 01:03

Heck babyblue ….Great news...
but I never get that kinda attention when I get back home after a bender ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 01:08

pets are less stressful than wives.

pets never want to divorce you.

pets are better natured, lock your dog and your wife in a cupboard for 8 hours, and when you go back to let them out, guess which is more pleased to see you.

pets never question how much beer you drink.

pets never get annoyed when you bring your girlfriend home for a romantic evening, wives on the otherhand always seem to object.

pets dont question where the money goes.

pets dont argue with you.

pets dont compare themselves with other pets.

pets dont bitch about other pets.

pets dont want taken out for dinner, they are quite happy to eat a tin of meat in the kitchen.

pets never complain about the mess.

pets dont ever want to buy new furniture for the house.

i think i,ll get myself a dog.

Date: October 26, 2018 05:47

buttons67
pets are less stressful than wives.

pets never want to divorce you.

pets are better natured, lock your dog and your wife in a cupboard for 8 hours, and when you go back to let them out, guess which is more pleased to see you.

pets never question how much beer you drink.

pets never get annoyed when you bring your girlfriend home for a romantic evening, wives on the otherhand always seem to object.

pets dont question where the money goes.

pets dont argue with you.

pets dont compare themselves with other pets.

pets dont bitch about other pets.

pets dont want taken out for dinner, they are quite happy to eat a tin of meat in the kitchen.

pets never complain about the mess.

pets dont ever want to buy new furniture for the house.

i think i,ll get myself a dog.

This is hilarious what you wrote, thanks.

Date: October 26, 2018 05:55

DGA35
Sorry for your loss Babyblue. In another post, you asked if I live in Vancouver. I'm out in the Fraser Valley. Are you in Vancouver?

I'm away from Vancouver but not far.

Date: October 26, 2018 06:02

Is it a whiteish coloured house with a roof ????????

ROCKMAN

Date: October 26, 2018 07:07

Rockman
Is it a whiteish coloured house with a roof ????????

No I'm in a white tent on the waterfront!

Date: October 26, 2018 07:25

…… awwwww that should be easy to spot in the snow ……. heehhaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 26, 2018 09:52

Well, that's a happy ending I wasn't expecting! hot smiley

Date: October 26, 2018 09:54

Rockman
…… awwwww that should be easy to spot in the snow ……. heehhaaaaa

Righto! You going to any gigs in the good ole USA?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 26, 2018 10:09

You must be so relieved to have Frosty home. “It’s all over now Babyblue”

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 26, 2018 10:29

Yep,

We might outlive a lot of dogs..

...But at some point one of them will outlive us winking smiley

Date: October 26, 2018 10:37

swimtothemoon

I am can't understand where she was for 3 days. Very glad she's home.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 26, 2018 10:46

Good stuff Babyblue.take good care of Frosty.
One love.
Jeroen

Date: October 26, 2018 11:32

You going to any gigs in the good ole USA?

Yeah hoping to.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 26, 2018 22:25

babyblue
DGA35
Sorry for your loss Babyblue. In another post, you asked if I live in Vancouver. I'm out in the Fraser Valley. Are you in Vancouver?

Up the Sunshine coast? Glad to hear your dog's ok! I'm going to see Mellencamp in Abbotsford in a couple weeks, hopefully a good show. Please play nothing but warhorses!!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 26, 2018 23:17

babyblue
swimtothemoon

I am can't understand where she was for 3 days. Very glad she's home.

Yes that is a long time to be missing. Where I live there are coyotes which
venture into the neighborhood - so even though my dogs are not small (they are
Australian Shepards) we are still carful not to leave them alone outdoors for
too long.

Date: October 28, 2018 03:49

Spud
Yep,

We might outlive a lot of dogs..

...But at some point one of them will outlive us winking smiley

Yes you got that right.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 28, 2018 18:49

babyblue
Hi folks,I'm feeling down.My heart has a hole. My dear dog and companion of 13 years is in heaven now.She's been a perfect friend.Goodbye Frosty I love you til we meet again.
I am so sorry for your loss. Animals are part of our families and lives, give unconditional love. Take care my friend

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 28, 2018 19:38

Is there a picture of Frosty? Always happy to see a doggy!

Date: October 28, 2018 20:44

frankotero
Is there a picture of Frosty? Always happy to see a doggy!

I only own a smartphone, no computer or iPad.I do have some on my phone. How do I put one on iorr need some help? Will be most happy to post one.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 28, 2018 21:13

Quoting someone else: "It's best heaven is achieved by grace. If it were by merit it would be full of dogs." I spoke with an elderly man after we lost our first Lab. He recalled the loss of his Lab. I asked him when that was. He said 20+ years ago. He spoke as if it were yesterday. They stay in your heart and they deserve it. We currently have Lab #3. He is happy, playful and the worse behaved of the 3. I no longer sweat the small stuff. They do not live long enough. I treasure each day with him. I feel your pain. There is no way around it. But when you are ready, someone will need a home and someone to share love with.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 28, 2018 22:54

pmk251
Quoting someone else: "It's best heaven is achieved by grace. If it were by merit it would be full of dogs." I spoke with an elderly man after we lost our first Lab. He recalled the loss of his Lab. I asked him when that was. He said 20+ years ago. He spoke as if it were yesterday. They stay in your heart and they deserve it. We currently have Lab #3. He is happy, playful and the worse behaved of the 3. I no longer sweat the small stuff. They do not live long enough. I treasure each day with him. I feel your pain. There is no way around it. But when you are ready, someone will need a home and someone to share love with.

The dog is okay. Disappeared for 3 days and turned up fine, thankfully. In my humble an arthritic dog that age shouldn't be out unsupervised. Might not be so fortunate next time. I would go out of my mind if my dog disappeared (which is unlikely as she is totally supervised and leashed when she goes out).

Date: October 29, 2018 09:32

DGA35
babyblue
DGA35

Up the Sunshine coast? Glad to hear your dog's ok! I'm going to see Mellencamp in Abbotsford in a couple weeks, hopefully a good show. Please play nothing but warhorses!!

Not quite,I'm before Horsehoe Bay. Mellencamp should have played Rogers Arena. Should be good.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home