Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie vs. Taylor: chord tones
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 5, 2018 18:45

BS with Adam Bomb - amazing guitar pharsing

[www.youtube.com]

Heaven Come To Me with Mick Taylor

[www.youtube.com]

IORR

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 6, 2018 21:08

DandelionPowderman
Chord tones or chord notes?

When I hear the word "tone" applied to chords --- especially on guitar -- I think about tonal qualities like Fat, thin, tinny sound... etc. Things based on volume, treble, bass and midrange. Which is a different concept than what people are discussing here... melody, arpeggios, etc.

I'd refer to it as "scales" or "notes" instead of the word "tone"... just to avoid that confusion...

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 6, 2018 23:52

schillid
DandelionPowderman

When I hear the word "tone" applied to chords --- especially on guitar -- I think about tonal qualities like Fat, thin, tinny sound... etc. Things based on volume, treble, bass and midrange. Which is a different concept than what people are discussing here... melody, arpeggios, etc.

I'd refer to it as "scales" or "notes" instead of the word "tone"... just to avoid that confusion...

And that’s the confusion of the word tone. For instance, dial tone, it is a single tone, or note. In chord tone, same thing, a note that belongs to the chord.

It’s American English, welcome to the most confusing language.

Date: October 7, 2018 00:51

schillid
DandelionPowderman

Same here.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home