Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Geoffrey From Rainbow - RIP
Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: October 1, 2018 14:50

Re: OT: Geoffrey From Rainbow - RIP
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 1, 2018 15:53

You do realise that most people reading this will assume it refers to Richie Blackmore's band as opposed to a children's television programme that last aired in 1992?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-01 16:47 by Deltics.

Date: October 1, 2018 16:16

Deltics
You do realise that most people reading this will assume its refers to Richie Blackmore's band as opposed to a children's television programme that last aired in 1992?

Exactly what I assumed at first smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 1, 2018 16:20

Same here. Anyhow, always sad to know someone's gone and being missed.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 1, 2018 17:44

Another nail in the coffin of my childhood. Zippy, George and Bungle, the gay hippopotamus grinning smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 1, 2018 18:21

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 1, 2018 19:58

Deltics
You do realise that most people reading this will assume it refers to Richie Blackmore's band as opposed to a children's television programme that last aired in 1992?

Exactly...I was thinking keyboardist Geoff Nichols (not sure if he played in Rainbow but I know he played with Dio).

Thank god Richie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio are still alive!

Date: October 1, 2018 20:14

FrogSugar
Deltics

Exactly...I was thinking keyboardist Geoff Nichols (not sure if he played in Rainbow but I know he played with Dio).

Erm... Ronnie James Dio died in 2010. Obituary

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 1, 2018 21:07

Deltics
FrogSugar
Deltics

Erm... Ronnie James Dio died in 2010. Obituary

That's not possible, he was recently on the Dio Hologram World Tour.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 1, 2018 21:31

rip geoffrey.

rainbow was a huge part of many a childhood.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 2, 2018 00:12

Deltics

Because there have been so many people in Rainbow even their fans can't remember who they all are.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 2, 2018 08:02

I’m just worried Zip will go back on the marching powder after this... Hope Bungle keeps an eye on him. He’s a tortured soul is Zip.

Date: October 2, 2018 08:23

I’n going to have to watch the re-runs on youtube. Although I watched the programme in the mid-late 80’s, I don’t entirely recall the show’s premis!

Date: October 2, 2018 09:49

Paddy
I’m just worried Zip will go back on the marching powder after this... Hope Bungle keeps an eye on him. He’s a tortured soul is Zip.

Throw in Captain Pugwash, Roger The Cabinboy, and Seaman Staines, and that was kids TV in the UK in the 70s.

Date: October 2, 2018 09:50

tomcasagranda
Paddy

Throw in Captain Pugwash, Roger The Cabinboy, and Seaman Staines, and that was kids TV in the UK in the 70s.

Also forgot that other traveller in Captain Pugwash - Master Bates.

Date: October 2, 2018 10:17

Dan
Deltics

Because there have been so many people in Rainbow even their fans can't remember who they all are.

Exactly! grinning smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 2, 2018 10:28

Was there ever a Geoffrey in any of the multiple rainbow lineups? I can't remember. Ritchie Blackmore fired so many people..

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 2, 2018 11:35

hope Bungle, Zippy & George are holding up...

Posted by: tomekdp ()
Date: October 2, 2018 12:23

Deltics

Luckily enough, in RB's Rainbow there wasn't any Geoffrey in any line up, so no worries here. Still - looking at the title of the thread I was wondering what the author was up to smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 2, 2018 13:19

tomcasagranda
tomcasagranda
Paddy

grinning smiley

Captain Pugwash was taken off the air when someone finally noticed all those odd character names winking smiley It was relaunched a few years later with certain characters renamed thumbs up

Date: October 2, 2018 13:57

grzegorz67
tomcasagranda
tomcasagranda
Paddy

grinning smiley

Captain Pugwash was taken off the air when someone finally noticed all those odd character names winking smiley It was relaunched a few years later with certain characters renamed thumbs up

One of the most repeated urban myths.
[www.snopes.com]

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: October 2, 2018 21:18

Deltics
grzegorz67
tomcasagranda
tomcasagranda
Paddy

grinning smiley

One of the most repeated urban myths.
[www.snopes.com]

[www.mirror.co.uk]

It was Victor Lewis-Smith who created the adult Rainbow, with Zippy doing vast amounts of coke, and hitting the lap dancing clubs.

Also, Victor Lewis-Smith created some very camp Daleks, with some serious innuendo, i.e "Exsperminate', and "white wee-wee" as a Dalek death ray. Throw in the camp "Oh you bitch" in a Dalek voice.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: October 3, 2018 11:29

Big Al
Another nail in the coffin of my childhood. Zippy, George and Bungle, the gay hippopotamus grinning smiley

I believe it was George the hippopotamus and I don't think he was gay, just a little sensitive and light on his feet.

However, RIP Geoffrey, I watched many of your shows with my kids back in the day. These days, with my grandkids, I watch Hey Duggee it's brilliant!

Date: October 3, 2018 23:56

Here's some Rainbow without Mr Geoffrey.

[youtu.be]

Date: October 4, 2018 08:31

Elmo
Big Al

I believe it was George the hippopotamus and I don't think he was gay, just a little sensitive and light on his feet.

However, RIP Geoffrey, I watched many of your shows with my kids back in the day. These days, with my grandkids, I watch Hey Duggee it's brilliant!

Of course Elmo, you’re absolutely right. Gosh, discussing children’s television on Tell Me. It’ll be Button Moon, next! Actually, whilst we’re at it, the creator of Postman Pat died recently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home