Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Spotify
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 26, 2018 11:20

Anybody else subscribe to Spotify?

I use my son's account and actually really like it.It's a great way of hearing new stuff and reconnecting with stuff from the past.

Presumably the artists get well paid for their stuff been on there.

Disadvantages you don't actually own the music and don't get the details of the recordindgs,art work from disc or LP.

Re: Spotify
Date: September 26, 2018 11:25

Yep, been a premium subscriber for many years. It's perfect for bringing music with you, but you can also connect your device to your stereo system and play it through that. Make sure you adjust your settings to «Excellent sound quality». The sound is the Ogg Vorbis-format, not mp3.

You can get album info, though (check your settings again) - stories behind the albums, lyrics etc.

You can download the music to your device as well, as albums or playlists, so you don't have to stream all the time. That music stays on your phone/iPad/computer.

The artists has a deal with Spotify, but the pay is so so.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 26, 2018 11:35

DandelionPowderman

Yes, see here: [iorr.org] .

But artists still get more royalties from Streaming-Services than from AM/FM-Radio airplay.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 26, 2018 11:47

DandelionPowderman

You can download the music to your device as well, as albums or playlists, so you don't have to stream all the time. That music stays on your phone/iPad/computer.

So once downloaded you can keep the music forever? If so, would this not kill off having to pay for regular album downloads?

Date: September 26, 2018 11:53

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman

So once downloaded you can keep the music forever? If so, would this not kill off having to pay for regular album downloads?

Not really, as you have to use Spotify to play the albums/playlists you've downloaded. You don't get the files, but the music is on your phone.

Clever bastards smiling smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 26, 2018 11:58

stargroover
Anybody else subscribe to Spotify?

I use my son's account and actually really like it.It's a great way of hearing new stuff and reconnecting with stuff from the past.

Presumably the artists get well paid for their stuff been on there.

Disadvantages you don't actually own the music and don't get the details of the recordindgs,art work from disc or LP.

I have Spotify Premium (got it free for two years with my iPhone contract). I mainly use it in the gym with my own custom playlists. With the premium version, songs are available offline but can only be accessed through Spotify. If you don't renew your subscription, you lose access to everything. Still, for £9.99 p/m its very good.

Date: September 26, 2018 12:23

It is very very very very good.

Date: September 26, 2018 14:01

You can get album info, though (check your settings again) - stories behind the albums, lyrics etc.

DandelionPowderman I will check my settings and try retrieving this information.Thanks

Date: September 26, 2018 14:21

stargroover

DandelionPowderman I will check my settings and try retrieving this information.Thanks

Date: September 26, 2018 14:24

Cheers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home