Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Marianne Faithfull's new album "Negative Capability"
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 7, 2018 02:42

'Negative Capability', the new album from Marianne will be released on November 2nd and, you’ll be able to hear the first single on September 14th. Marianne spoke to Kris Needs throughout the whole making of the record, for a new article in the current Mojo Magazine.”

[www.mariannefaithfull.org.uk]

"‘Negative Capability'....I have been thinking of this title for many years; ever since I first heard about it.
It struck me as a great line.

Video by Naiché Caudronpro"

[twitter.com]

Re: Marianne Faithfull's new album "Negative Capability"
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 7, 2018 06:39

Wasn't aware of this at all. Thank you. I see it has her umpteenth version of "As Tears Go By" as well.

[www.mariannefaithfull.org.uk]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2018 07:21

Would still love to see Anita's painting that Marianne now has ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 7, 2018 09:30

love to hear faithfull is well enough to be back on it, maybe too crowded sessions but her latest ecords were very good, going to have this one too. beautiful story
love marianne

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 7, 2018 09:32

Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 7, 2018 20:32

Many thanks. Hadn't realized that Anita had been living at Redlands in the period before she died.
Of all the people who have been in the Stones orbit, she more than most has (at least for the last 40 or so years) carved out a very respectable career. Sure her records haven't been mega sellers, but I can't imagine money has ever been her main concern.
Am not aware she took a penny off Mick after their relationship ended.
Might just buy her new album...and also check out the documentary referred to in the interview.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 7, 2018 23:57

Nice dress.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 8, 2018 01:10

Any news on that singles compilation? I found no sign of it on Amazon. I hope it includes her non-English recordings.

Date: September 8, 2018 01:54

Also has that Marc Bolan tribute album been released?

Date: September 10, 2018 20:49

"We shot the recording session in the studio back in January.
I love my band. They're brilliant and we had a fantastic time.
We even had a surprise guest, can you guess who it might be...?"

Video Naiché Caudronpro

[twitter.com]

Date: September 10, 2018 22:00

The surprise guest is Nick Cave in case people jump to the wrong conclusion reading the quote.

Date: September 10, 2018 22:24

Rocky Dijon
The surprise guest is Nick Cave in case people jump to the wrong conclusion reading the quote.

Yep! [twitter.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 11, 2018 00:09

Thanks for the news, I'd been wandering about a release date since I read this article.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 11, 2018 00:18

Cristiano Radtke
Rocky Dijon

Yep! [twitter.com]

I wonder..have either Mick or Keith collectively or individually appeared as guests on any of Marianne's albums?
If not, you wonder if they have been asked (and refused) ??

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: September 11, 2018 01:37

jlowe
Cristiano Radtke
Rocky Dijon

Yep! [twitter.com]

I wonder..have either Mick or Keith collectively or individually appeared as guests on any of Marianne's albums?
If not, you wonder if they have been asked (and refused) ??
Keith, Ron, Charlie and Don Was recorded Patti Smith's Ghost Dance with Marianne in 1994. Keith plays on Sing Me Back Home on Marianne's 2008 album Easy Come, Easy Go.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 11, 2018 02:05

jlowe
Sure her records haven't been mega sellers, but I can't imagine money has ever been her main concern.
Am not aware she took a penny off Mick after their relationship ended.

She has a co-writing credit on Sister Morphine, which is post-ABKCO material.

Date: September 11, 2018 02:58

It's still published by ABKCO since her version of the song came out in 1969. STICKY FINGERS is that weird grey area where the songs are published by ABKCO but were released after the Decca and London deals expired. ABKCO has the rights to anthologize the singles from it, though they can't reissue the album itself. I'd love to know more about how it all worked and how ABKCO had the rights to issue outtakes from the sessions for Decca and London as METAMORPHOSIS and how Promotone was able to issue JAMMING WITH EDWARD. It was clear listing songwriting credits to Nicky, Ry Cooder, and Charlie was a way around giving ABKCO the publishing. The whole thing seems to have been an interesting split.

Date: September 11, 2018 18:00

Rocky Dijon
It's still published by ABKCO since her version of the song came out in 1969. STICKY FINGERS is that weird grey area where the songs are published by ABKCO but were released after the Decca and London deals expired. ABKCO has the rights to anthologize the singles from it, though they can't reissue the album itself. I'd love to know more about how it all worked and how ABKCO had the rights to issue outtakes from the sessions for Decca and London as METAMORPHOSIS and how Promotone was able to issue JAMMING WITH EDWARD. It was clear listing songwriting credits to Nicky, Ry Cooder, and Charlie was a way around giving ABKCO the publishing. The whole thing seems to have been an interesting split.

Yes, it is very interesting (well, for some of us, that is!)
The otherwise excellent ALO books (partly as the first two volumes finish around 1966) don't cover his split with the group. Nor does the otherwise detailed biography (2016) on Mr Klein either. Bill is pretty silent on the matter in his books but in regards to songwriting, I guess he was not affected.
Maybe there were various clauses in the 1972 Agreement which prevents any further disclosure.

Still, good to see Marianne get the credit and of course some income for her contribution to Sister Morphine.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 11, 2018 18:20

Marianne the artist is still going strong and working with some of the best musicians around!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 11, 2018 19:50

Rockman
Would still love to see Anita's painting that Marianne now has ……

That one ???

HMN

Date: September 11, 2018 21:11

Glam Descendant
Any news on that singles compilation? I found no sign of it on Amazon. I hope it includes her non-English recordings.

Come And Stay With Me - The UK 45s 1964-1969

The A and B-sides of the ten singles Marianne recorded for UK Decca between 1964 and 1969, plus her ‘Go Away From My World’ EP for good measure. All tracks are in authentic mono, just like the actual 45s and mastered from the best possible sources, including some fresh Abbey Road transfers of the original tapes.

The CD features Marianne’s Top 20 hits ‘As Tears Go By’, ‘Come And Stay With Me’, ‘This Little Bird’ and ‘Summer Nights’, plus lesser-known gems such as ‘Something Better’, ‘That’s Right Baby’, ‘House Of The Rising Sun’, ‘Counting’ and the controversial cult favourite ‘Sister Morphine’. Producers include Andrew Loog Oldham, Mike Leander, Tony Calder and Mick Jagger.

The sumptuous 24-page booklet boasts a 6000-word note by leading music journalist Kris Needs, and features many illuminating quotes from Marianne herself. In addition to the gorgeous cover shot by photographer Tom Frank, the booklet also includes seven stunning full-page colour portraits from the mid-60s.

Tracklist:

1 - As Tears Go By
2 - Greensleves
3 - Blowin' in the Wind
4 - House of the Rising Sun
5 - Come and Stay With Me
6 - What Have I Done Wrong
7 - This Little Bird
8 - Morning Sun
9 - Go Away From my World
10 - The Most of What is Least
11 - Et Maintenant (What Now My Love?)
12 - The Sha La La Song
13 - Summer Nights
14 - Yesterday
15 - Oh Look Around You
16 - Tomorrow's Calling
17 - That's Right Baby
18 - Counting
19 - I'd Like to Dial Your Number
20 - Is This What I Get For Loving You?
21 - Something Better
22 - Sister Morphine

[acerecords.co.uk]

Date: September 11, 2018 23:55

Thanks so much for the info! A nice collection, if not as comprehensive as I had hoped.

Date: September 12, 2018 00:32

No Honestman ……

I was referring to the Anita paintings that
Marianne mentions in her recent MOJO interview ………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 12, 2018 02:14

Rocky Dijon

Ah, so I stand corrected.

She did mention in her autobiography that the royalties from Sister Morphine did help her to subsist during some lost and lean years in the 1970s.

Date: September 12, 2018 15:29

"I'm looking forward to sharing with you Negative Capability's first single. The song is called Gypsy Faerie Queen and it will be out on Friday. I can't wait for you all to hear it !"

Photo: Yann Orhan

[twitter.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 12, 2018 16:19

Cristiano Radtke
"I'm looking forward to sharing with you Negative Capability's first single. The song is called Gypsy Faerie Queen and it will be out on Friday. I can't wait for you all to hear it !"

Photo: Yann Orhan

[twitter.com]

<3

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: September 12, 2018 17:13

Great title. Comes from a philosophical concept that poet John Keats wrote about...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 12, 2018 19:35

Rockman
I was referring to the Anita paintings that
Marianne mentions in her recent MOJO interview ...

Ok I miss it winking smiley

HMN

Date: September 12, 2018 21:43

^^^^^…..no problems man …. ya cant win 'em all ………
But don't ya panic .. don't ya panic … give it one more try …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: September 13, 2018 18:19

Other than the Stones, Marianne Faithfull and Peter Wolf are the only two artists whose new records I am guaranteed to buy these days.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home