Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg: So Much Younger Than Today
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 29, 2005 22:28

Okay, I just finished listening to this one. It's pretty cool. It's only a half an hour, 8 songs, but it's a great bootleg. The soundquality is great for a 1966 recording(it was recorded from a radio broadcast). Luckily, they didn't mix in the screaming girls that much. The songs are all great, full of energy. Mick is a little confused when he announces they are going to do The Last Time, which they had just played. The funniest thing is when he announces "this is our last concert... ever".

Re: Bootleg: So Much Younger Than Today
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 29, 2005 22:33

is that hawaii '66?

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: September 30, 2005 01:53

Yeah, that's actually Honolulu '66, and it's EXCELLENT, both in terms of performance and sound quality.

It's actually CHARLIE (yes Charlie) announcing 'The Last Time,' when they had played it, like, two songs earlier. Then Brian (I think it is) starts laughing and says they're going to play 'Lady Jane,' which they do.

Other cool aspects of that recording:

1. Mick totally forgets the words to 'Paint It Black' and starts improvising and laughing.

2. They do 'Mother's Little Helper,' and though Mick sings parts of it in a rather rushed manner, it sounds very good.

3. Some DJ for 'KPOI' (I think it is) takes forever to bring the Stones on. Mick appears to be making fun of him later.

4. The band is, for the most part, very tight and strong. On the opening notes of 'Not Fade Away,' Brian's harp is WAY too loud, and you can hear him laugh and keep right on with the boogie (they turn him down right after that).

5. Yep, Mick definitely states that that show is 'Our last concert ever.' And for emphasis, Charlie gives the drum a whack.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 30, 2005 14:04

It was the last US show they ever played with Brian.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2005 14:40

that's Mick laughing & correcting Charlie on The Last Time.
"no! we played that a long time ago!"
very sweet moment of a very sweet show.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 16, 2012 15:12

'Our last concert ever.' That's in a sense true. It was the last US show they ever played with Brian. The spot was perfect! Aloha.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 16, 2012 15:37

You mean this one? Love it, great recording. Released in 1983.

Tom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1355
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home