Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT:Aerosmith to play Vegas residency.Stones next ?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:03

Aerosmith to play a long residency in Vegas,will the Stones follow?,although many here will disagree,l think if The Stones get offered enough money they will do it in a second,they can play the same set night after night,which they have been doing for the last few years,without the hassle of traveling,setting up stages,etc...

[www.eonline.com]

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: OT:Aerosmith to play Vegas residency.Stones next ?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:39

This would be the worst thing I could imagine about the Stones.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:44

Cholie wouldn't mind, Jagger would be so-so, Keith would veto it.
Next question?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:53

If the money's right, there's a possibility.
Since they played a private show for one of Trump's billionaire friends (along with other private shows for rich folks), there's a possibility.
Will it ever happen? Hard to say.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:54

Hairball
Since they played a private show for one of Trump's billionaire friends (along with other private shows for rich folks), there's a possibility.
Are you talking about Bob Kraft?

Date: August 15, 2018 19:58

keefriff99
Hairball

Someone that Lem Metlow mentioned in another thread - not sure who he was referring to other than "one of Trumps billionaire friends".

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 15, 2018 19:58

Hairball

I keep seeing this phrase repeated here on IORR in various threads.

STOP.

Robert Kraft is the owner of the New England Patriots and is a registered DEMOCRAT.

Enough politics, eh?!

Date: August 15, 2018 20:03

Kurt
Hairball

STOP.

Robert Kraft is the owner of the New England Patriots and is a registered DEMOCRAT.

Enough politics, eh?!

No politics intended - here's a story regarding the Trump/Kraft friendship:

"After Robert Kraft's wife died Trump called every week for a year to console him"

"Robert Kraft and President Donald Trump are close, despite the Patriots owner being a life-long Democrat"

Full story >Kraft/Trump

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 15, 2018 20:09

keefriff99

Yeah.
Someone else used the phrase a while ago to describe the billionaire supporter(?) and he's used it in a futile attempt to inflame ever since. Obviously the only criteria for the private gigs is money, as the band has made their stance on the idiot clear.

Shame when people try to insert politics into threads, especially when it's done so lamely and irrelevantly.

Date: August 15, 2018 20:12

MisterDDDD
keefriff99

Yeah.
Someone else used the phrase a while ago to describe the billionaire supporter(?) and he's used it in a futile attempt to inflame ever since. Obviously the only criteria for the private gigs is money, as the band has made their stance on the idiot clear.

Shame when people try to insert politics into threads, especially when it's done so lamely and irrelevantly.
It's no big deal. I've done it myself multiple times despite trying my best not to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 20:13 by keefriff99.

Date: August 15, 2018 20:31

Certain people have a tendency to read politics into anything - if just the name "Trump" is reason for someone to be offended, don't know what to say - the fact is Kraft is one of Trumps billionaire friends.
And believe it or not, people can still be friends despite their political leanings as the article above states, not sure why anyone feels the need to read into it any further.
As I've always been somewhere in the middle, it's always been interesting to see the reactionary extremes of certain people on either side, but enough on that from me.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 15, 2018 20:46

And Aerosmith is from New England, so it sure is relevant smoking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 15, 2018 21:09

Hairball
Certain people have a tendency to read politics into anything - if just the name "Trump" is reason for someone to be offended, don't know what to say - the fact is Kraft is one of Trumps billionaire friends.
And believe it or not, people can still be friends despite their political leanings as the article above states, not sure why anyone feels the need to read into it any further.
As I've always been somewhere in the middle, it's always been interesting to see the reactionary extremes of certain people on either side, but enough on that from me.

Exactly-they’re so wound up they completely missed the point which was that the Stones are absolute sellouts.
DT wrote them a check in Atlantic City ,his friend wrote them one in Boston and they will soon be cashing in more from his friends in Vegas.
It’s comical,we hate you in public but,where do we sign?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 15, 2018 21:15

lem motlow
Hairball

Exactly-they’re so wound up they completely missed the point which was that the Stones are absolute sellouts.
DT wrote them a check in Atlantic City ,his friend wrote them one in Boston and they will soon be cashing in more from his friends in Vegas.

thumbs up

but maybe not so much 'certain people' as it's my feeling that distraction
and division is promoted; and critical thinking is venturing social stigma
with a single reference; cyber-bulling and social weaponizing media;
and corporate responses to that that are more chilling than the exposure
of what their programs are trying to 'rectify'...
i'm not an idealogue, nor a supprting a politician or policy here,
and not even stating an opinion on that stuff; i'm pretty wary of reactionary
responses in myself and try to the same open-questiong of other's movties in a smiliar fashion...
...and courteously, and silently/remotely if necessary, with others.
Tho I'm not interested in censorship in open forums that are discussing those issues. that's heavy shit that's dangerous imo.

silently limiting feeds and posts; robots circling around looking for key words and 'relationships,'
dead to context and it's not anyone's personal business to restrict,
morally or legally,
in any country that offers freedom of speech as a basic tenent to it's citizenry in documnted form;
even if that has to be challenged legally from time to time.
dangerous waters who gets to decide what reality and delusion is for others,
especially when generations now, have been exposed to technology that
is increasingly both wonderful and lethal. but in a socio-political context,
imo there is a general 'dumbing down' of long established values in a
'4 seconds of attention' (say the psych-marketing media pros?)
world where critical thinking is eschewed for quick socially accepted group-think, on every side, that is reductive and serves up chaos instead
of love.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 21:30 by hopkins.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 15, 2018 21:26

This is a NON STARTER and WILL NOT HAPPEN . Why you may ask ? Easy answer is that night after night this would wear out / maybe destroy Mick Jagger's voice .At 75 years young Sir Michael Phillip Jagger can pick and choose how he wants to ply his craft and he certainly has earned that right after all . I just don't for the life of me see this coming to fruition one bit at all , and the costs to book the Stones for a extended Vegas run would be astronomical. Also they would become the mother of all parodies .

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 15, 2018 21:35

yes Greek; interesting;
they did that constant barnstorming thing for years on end day and night
at the beginning; and more than a hugely healthy history of World tours...
how many shows do producers expect in a week from one of these gigs?
i appreciate your perspective here; it seems unworkable fiscally.
do they expect two shows on a weekend day? for example....

i'm actually, at this point, no longer offended by the reference...
or the dimness of the uber sparkly bland drunken whorehouse of pain
that las vegas must be. whoa hopkins did you eat breakfast yet?

later

sure, they should do it; and joey should sing a few of the songs!!

Date: August 15, 2018 21:37

lem motlow
Hairball

I hope that's sarcasm on your part because that's utterly ridiculous.

Date: August 15, 2018 21:45

TheGreek
This is a NON STARTER and WILL NOT HAPPEN . Why you may ask ? Easy answer is that night after night this would wear out / maybe destroy Mick Jagger's voice .At 75 years young Sir Michael Phillip Jagger can pick and choose how he wants to ply his craft and he certainly has earned that right after all . I just don't for the life of me see this coming to fruition one bit at all , and the costs to book the Stones for a extended Vegas run would be astronomical. Also they would become the mother of all parodies .

Aerosmith are only doing a few shows a week,one every two or three days.the Park theater is owned by MGM who own the garden of course as well as the T-mobile.
You’re talking about guys that played a show for trucking company executives last time they were in town.
When the check gets big enough they’ll play.

OT:Aerosmith to play Vegas residency
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 15, 2018 22:01

lem motlow
Aerosmith are only doing a few shows a week,one every two or three days

Schedule per today's press release:

April 2019: 6, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 26

June 2019: 19, 22, 24, 27, 29

July 2019: 2, 4, 7, 9

[www.prnewswire.com]

Date: August 15, 2018 22:27

keefriff99
lem motlow
Hairball

If you listen to Howard Stern he has a home in the Hamptons and that’s where alot of rich New Yorkers spend their summers.he talks about going to the billionaires parties sometimes.
They set up large tents and hire musicians to play what is basically a giant backyard barbecue.
Paul Mcartney,Springsteen,Tom Petty and others have played these gigs.the press are kept away so it doesn’t really get a lot of notice.
I know it’s hard to see your childhood heroes turned into trained monkeys to entertain the Uber rich but that’s what happens.
And yeah Bye Bye Johnny that’s the same schedule I saw,the Stones will be doing one similar.light work load,big money.as long as the check clears.wasnt an actual Vegas act where this was headed all along?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 15, 2018 22:55

I really doubt it.

They require 7 million a night plus, might be a challenge to pocket that even in Vegas. Keep in mind a huge part of their income is T shirt money and it's hard to get that playing smaller theatres night after night to people who don't wear T shirts.

I really think the next 15 the Stones do would be 15 stadiums somewhere they can draw a lot of people now.

They are not going to spend 6 weeks in Vegas.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 15, 2018 23:16

Hairball
Kurt
Hairball

STOP.

Enough politics, eh?!

"After Robert Kraft's wife died Trump called every week for a year to console him"

"Robert Kraft and President Donald Trump are close, despite the Patriots owner being a life-long Democrat"

Full story >Kraft/Trump

By all accounts, Donald Trump must be a wonderfully compassionate man and a true friend. But why bring up his name into a thread about Aerosmith?!

No politics intended...right.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 15, 2018 23:41

Politics are meaningless here. Aerosmith are registered Republicans. Trump has identified as Independent, Democrat, and Republican all in recent years. Forget labels. That's not what makes a person.

As to this, I would be surprised if the Stones were physically able (or at least insured) to perform every night. Mick's voice, Keith's arthritis, and Charlie's back make me suspect otherwise. If they do a residency consisting of multiple Vegas shows over a period of weeks (not back-to-back nightly), so what? They played Atlantic City in 1964. They were always about making money. That never changed. If you want to, you can Imagine John Lennon shared his wealth. I wonder if you can.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 23:45 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 15, 2018 23:54

It would be every Saturday (easy) and a weeknight (not so easy).

For several weeks, if it's one of their once or twice yearly mini-jaunts.

I say no way when there are still another 15 stadiums they can fill.

Besides, next is Katy Perry.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2018 00:59

Cheesy. I read the article glanced at pics (embarrassing sorry)
Aerosmith and the RS are different. As different as say, 2 countries.
Hey, party on if anyone here is planning to go.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2018 01:02

Sorry, I was referring to this story and pics from Daily Mail,
Aerosmith put on their costumes for the Today show, Al Roker trying to ride the audience
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 01:02 by 35love.

Date: August 16, 2018 01:43

Kurt
Hairball
Kurt
Hairball

STOP.

Enough politics, eh?!

Full story >Kraft/Trump

By all accounts, Donald Trump must be a wonderfully compassionate man and a true friend. But why bring up his name into a thread about Aerosmith?!

No politics intended...right.

No need to be so sensitive - believe what you want, but don't put words in my mouth or twist my intentions. I already explained myself in previous posts.
This Kraft guy was referred to previously as "Trumps billionaire friend", and didn't know who that was referring to until you and someone else mentioned him by name.
The bottom line, he's a billionaire who also happens to be a friend of Trump - it's not really that big of a deal.

Date: August 16, 2018 03:39

lem motlow
keefriff99
lem motlow
Hairball

If you listen to Howard Stern he has a home in the Hamptons and that’s where alot of rich New Yorkers spend their summers.he talks about going to the billionaires parties sometimes.
They set up large tents and hire musicians to play what is basically a giant backyard barbecue.
Paul Mcartney,Springsteen,Tom Petty and others have played these gigs.the press are kept away so it doesn’t really get a lot of notice.
I know it’s hard to see your childhood heroes turned into trained monkeys to entertain the Uber rich but that’s what happens.
And yeah Bye Bye Johnny that’s the same schedule I saw,the Stones will be doing one similar.light work load,big money.as long as the check clears.wasnt an actual Vegas act where this was headed all along?
I used to listen to Howard Stern regularly and I know what you're talking about.

What I was referring to was you calling the Stones hypocrites for accepting money from Kraft because of his tangential association to Trump. Kraft is far more than "Trump's friend", so just because the Stones appear to find Trump distasteful doesn't mean they should also shun Kraft.

Also, when the Stones took his money in the '80s, Trump was known as a NY tabloid clown, so it's not like they had a crystal ball to see what an insidious force he'd turn into.

Date: August 16, 2018 03:42

Kurt
Hairball
Kurt
Hairball

STOP.

Enough politics, eh?!

Full story >Kraft/Trump

By all accounts, Donald Trump must be a wonderfully compassionate man and a true friend.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2018 04:53

Nobody knows (or cares) about the political friends or affiliations of the billionaire from San Diego who hired the band for
his wife's birthday during Zip Code tour.

Because it doesn't matter.
Only those still butthurt over the Vegas cancellation care about Kraft's affiliation, because it fuels their false narrative that "Mick wasn't really sick"
or "they should have rescheduled" eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 05:15 by MisterDDDD.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home