Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stoned in the 70s
Posted by: sizey ()
Date: July 30, 2018 01:03

Apparently a movie made up of super 8 material shot around the Goats Head Soup sessions in Jamaica and beyond - anyone seen it?

Re: Stoned in the 70s
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 30, 2018 04:04

Seen it? Hell, I lived it.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 30, 2018 06:24

Well I'm still a fair way off it ....
But I'm sure somebody will when I get to that age ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 30, 2018 09:53

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 30, 2018 12:18

Some pix from Jamaica. Looks like they might have been recording Can You Hear The Music here.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 30, 2018 16:51

It looks like they were going,'oh shit, had Brian been here, he would have done all of this just like that. Now we have to share the burden and learn to play all this odd instruments by ourselves.... bloody hell, this is difficult, Keef, how would you tune this damn thing?'grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 31, 2018 16:59

Most welcome!

Almost nothing documenting that area, except the previous shots above, from a Japanese magazine.

I always wonder what looked like the "Villefranche-place" in Jamaica. How did they manage their living? Only material I read was from Spanish Tony, I think, and it was unpleasant.

Date: July 31, 2018 17:08

The Joker
Most welcome!

Almost nothing documenting that area, except the previous shots above, from a Japanese magazine.

I always wonder what looked like the "Villefranche-place" in Jamaica. How did they manage their living? Only material I read was from Spanish Tony, I think, and it was unpleasant.

You mean Point Of View, Keith's property, right?

Here's an interview filmed at Point Of View in the mid-90s. He also talks about how he wound up there in the 70s:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 17:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 31, 2018 17:37

Yeah, that time in Jamaica is only very little documented.
That were hard times for the Stones - and Keith particularly.
Most stories we heard were rather unpleasent. Like the assault on Bill Wyman and raping of his girlfriend.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 31, 2018 17:53

DandelionPowderman
The Joker
Most welcome!

You mean Point Of View, Keith's property, right?

Here's an interview filmed at Point Of View in the mid-90s. He also talks about how he wound up there in the 70s:

[www.youtube.com]

*I had this saved, but now finally viewed.
Forever people try to nail Keith down with trying to find the answer to the RS mystique,
and eloquently always Keith explains
it cannot be explained.
thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home