Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: One of their greatest songs..imo Think i am Going mad
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2018 08:47

The Keef long version ….. 14 mins

.........….Pathe Marconi Paris Nov-Dec 1982

[www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: July 23, 2018 11:51

You oughta see my shakin hands,I think I been drinkin lots of cups of coffee.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 23, 2018 12:18

Just ok for me but better than some of the tracks that actually made the final track listing for Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 23, 2018 18:17

Rockman
Lurv the song …..

Turns up again with a intro-hiccup on the
45CD Box -- The Singles 1971-2006 -------- 2011 release

Not on my copy anymore. Got a replacement from Universal with complete intro...

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 23, 2018 22:11

Blueranger
Rockman
Lurv the song …..

Turns up again with a intro-hiccup on the
45CD Box -- The Singles 1971-2006 -------- 2011 release

Not on my copy anymore. Got a replacement from Universal with complete intro...

It sounds like the version with the intro-hiccup is a collectors' item?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 23, 2018 23:56

I haven’t listened to a Keith vocal only or lead version because THIS VERSION
this vocal from Mick
this video with recent looking glimpses into his studio time
makin me cry again today
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 24, 2018 00:13

35love
I haven’t listened to a Keith vocal only or lead version because THIS VERSION
this vocal from Mick
this video with recent looking glimpses into his studio time
makin me cry again today
[m.youtube.com]

Still crying 3-4 listens in a row now I’m going to guess no musicians ear here
David Sanborn sax opening
Who is on piano, Ian??
Ronnie slide
Keith Keith Keith you’re probably making me weep
Matt Clifford on a synth underneath

‘think I’m goin mad...’

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 27, 2018 04:51

35love

Still crying 3-4 listens in a row now I’m going to guess no musicians ear here
David Sanborn sax opening
Who is on piano, Ian??
Ronnie slide
Keith Keith Keith you’re probably making me weep
Matt Clifford on a synth underneath

‘think I’m goin mad...’

I didn't know it was David Sanborn on sax. Thanks for the info.

David Sanborn

Sanborn has also worked extensively as a session musician, notably on David Bowie's Young Americans.

One of the most commercially successful American saxophonists to earn prominence since the 1980s, Sanborn is described as "the most influential saxophonist on pop, R&B, and crossover players of the past 20 years." Sanborn is often identified with radio-friendly smooth jazz.

In his three-and-a-half-decade career, Sanborn has released 24 albums, won six Grammy Awards and has had eight gold albums and one platinum album. He continues to be one of the most highly active musicians of his genre.

He has been a highly regarded session player since the late 1960s, playing with an array of well-known artists, such as James Brown, Bryan Ferry, Michael Stanley, Eric Clapton, Bobby Charles, Cat Stevens, Roger Daltrey, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Jaco Pastorius, the Brecker Brothers, Michael Franks, Kenny Loggins, Casiopea, Players Association, David Bowie, Todd Rundgren, Bruce Springsteen, Little Feat, Tommy Bolin, Bob James, James Taylor, Al Jarreau, Pure Prairie League, Kenny G, Loudon Wainwright III, George Benson, Joe Beck, Donny Hathaway, Elton John, Gil Evans, Carly Simon, Guru, Linda Ronstadt, Billy Joel, Kenny Garrett, Roger Waters, Steely Dan, Ween, the Eagles, The Grateful Dead, the German singer Nena, Japanese pop star Utada Hikaru, The Rolling Stones (1983 Undercover), and Toto.

Sanborn has won numerous awards including Grammy Awards for Voyeur (1981), Double Vision (1986) and the instrumental album Close Up (1988).

wiki

"The band welcomed some new collaborators on Undercover including Jamaican reggae stars, Sly and Robbie and saxophonist, David Sanborn. It’s also the first appearance on a Stones record by Chuck Leavell."
[www.rollingstones.com]

"when David Sanborn comes screaming up on solo sax and Jagger rides in on a descending riff, singing. “I wanna dance, I wanna sing, I wanna bust up everything,” the track transcends MTV-style racial considerations and emerges as a colorblind dance-floor hit."
More: [www.rollingstone.com]

"Sanborn's alto sax has a distinctive tone, even as it crosses genres. Sanborn is most often identified as a jazz musician, but he doesn't call himself one."
[www.npr.org]

"Sanborn's versatile sax style is a bridge between jazz and rock; his sumptuous sound features the creamiest screams in the biz. Although he's known for his jazz chops (his short-lived tenure as host of NBC's "Night Music" found him playing with the likes of inspirations Woods, Sonny Rollins and Hank Crawford), he got his professional start with the Butterfield Blues Band, the group he played with at Woodstock.

And Sanborn is the sometimes scorching, sometimes soothing soloist you heard on David Bowie's "Young Americans," Bruce Springsteen's "10th Avenue Freezout" and countless hits by the Rolling Stones, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor . . ."
[www.washingtonpost.com]

"This was inspired by Issei Sagawa, a Japanese student in Paris who killed and ate his girlfriend. He buried her bones (which he didn't eat), in a Park near The Stones recording studio in Paris."

"Keith Richards was not at the recording session. Jim Barber, his guitar technician, plays in his place. He is credited on the album and went on to be a prolific session guitarist.
David Sanborn played sax, Reggae session man Sly Dunbar played drums."
[www.songfacts.com]

Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought David Sanborn's work with the Stones loosly fit the topic and it's very interesting.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 27, 2018 05:28

Agree! This has always been in my top 5 Stones songs of all time!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home