Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones digital videos.
Posted by: jonnylamar ()
Date: July 24, 2018 06:41

Anyone bought any Stones releases on digital video? I want to start doing it. Would the sound be as good as a dvd? I notice Itunes is selling live at the max. I'm hoping they will put up San Jose soon.

Re: Stones digital videos.
Posted by: Anitapal82 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 09:02

Interesting thread jonnylamar if downloaded the sound should be as good I reckon.

Date: July 24, 2018 09:05

Great! Thanks.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 24, 2018 12:33

Actually I doubt there is sound improvement. Most music videos use a small audio bit rate, as low as 128 kbs while using full HD video 1080p. I recommend getting the specs first before downloading. Personally I believe you're better off ripping the audio from DVDs and Blurays.

Date: July 24, 2018 17:24

Correct. Blu-ray discs almost always have the best available quality.

Technically,these discs actually do contain digital video. It is just stored on a physical disc.

So,if you want the digital video without the disc,just rip it from the disc with various software tools such as MakeMKV.

Then you can get audio from the .mkv digital files,if that is what you're after.

That is the best quality approach.

Date: July 26, 2018 04:25

Thanks for the expert info Winning and frankotero. I'm ready for the switch to digital I think. Although I will miss having the art work and liner notes. But I guess Wikipedia seems to be the new liner notes.

Date: July 26, 2018 16:05

If you're ripping digital from discs,and you have a scanner,then you can scan the artwork and liner notes to digital image files.

Then,you can put those digital image files in a folder on your computer with the digital audio / video files. Maybe in a sub-folder inside of the main folder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home