Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 5, 2018 16:04

Just sign up, then you will get any info The Rolling Stones send out through their marketing machine. May be their old files are obsolete, or they simply want to make sure their files are up to date. It won't hurt to be in their files. May be they send Lucky Dip offers, just register, no worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 5, 2018 16:05

bv
Just sign up, then you will get any info The Rolling Stones send out through their marketing machine. May be their old files are obsolete, or they simply want to make sure their files are up to date. It won't hurt to be in their files. May be they send Lucky Dip offers, just register, no worries.

Thank you brother Bjornulf smiling smiley
P.S.
OMG USA STONES TOUR!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 16:13 by 35love.

Date: November 5, 2018 16:35

I have a righteous blood brother in Denver CO
Guess who I’m calling later to pitch a Stones show to?
He’s in security, knows police force, helpful in case I brawl in PIT B hot smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 5, 2018 16:42

Should I be getting an American Express card? Isn't that the only one accepted generally?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 5, 2018 16:50

All major cards are accepted, but there may be a presale for Amex holders.

Date: November 5, 2018 17:12

Topi
All major cards are accepted, but there may be a presale for Amex holders.

Is it a special Amex or just the basic? Thanks for your response.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: November 5, 2018 17:13

basic is fine !

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: November 5, 2018 17:19

Well.... on Amex presale for the UK shows, they do not offer best seats/place.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 5, 2018 17:20

The Stones in Denver! After flying to various states and multiple countries I'll be able to ride my bike to a Stones show. Fantastic 'news'

Date: November 5, 2018 17:29

Multiple shows in Foxboro/Boston possibly.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 17:29 by bv.

Date: November 5, 2018 17:30

I want the pit. I was in the pit in Paris and that's it for me. Is it unlikely that will happen via Stones.com?

Date: November 5, 2018 17:36

bv

Is this going to be an inside / out tour?

Multiple shows.

Arena and a stadium?

Date: November 5, 2018 17:38

I wonder with the hype starting now if it just a push to get tickets on sale before christmas?

Date: November 5, 2018 17:38

These are the dates where the hotels are packed during the Stones tour next year:

Denver : Fri May 3 to Sun May 5
Foxboro/Boston : Fri May 10 - Sun May 19

Based on past tours experiences, hotels often get inside info, probably from locals, not Stones, and then they increase their prices on certain dates. Foxboro prices are insane at those dates, also, to accomodate a stadium crew and also the Stones it is not that hard to figure out dates, once you know the Stones are coming into town.

Don't pay for any hotels yet, but if you are able to have flexible bookings, it would not hurt to check out your options. Hotels just increase their rates, Boston will be very expensive, also Denver. Bring a tent, or stay local with a friend!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 5, 2018 17:42

bv

Many are anxious here on the west coast bv - specifically SoCal - can you calm some nerves with a tidbit of info.?
We don't want any more riots here, we want the Rolling Stones!

Throw in a few earthquakes, wildfires, and mudslides...add the Rolling Stones, and life is good.smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 5, 2018 17:44

steffialicia
I want the pit. I was in the pit in Paris and that's it for me. Is it unlikely that will happen via Stones.com?

The floor's been all seated at every Stones Stadium show in the US since 1989 unfortunately. Only at field/festival type shows is there likely to be free standing - e.g. Zilker Park 2006, Indianapolis 2015 & Coachella 2016.

I'd be very surprised if what was Pit A & B on all 28 No Filter shows isn't seated.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 5, 2018 17:48

grzegorz67
steffialicia

The floor's been all seated at every Stones Stadium show in the US since 1989 unfortunately. Only at field/festival type shows is there likely to be free standing - e.g. Zilker Park 2006, Indianapolis 2015 & Coachella 2016.

I'd be very surprised if what was Pit A & B on all 28 No Filter shows isn't seated.
Going to be tough to go back to the US mode of seating/ticketing.
Fell in love with Golden Circle (and real strong like with GA) in the UK spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 5, 2018 17:50

A risky time of year for an outdoor show in Denver.. We typically get our biggest snow storms late spring. It snowed a foot on my birthday (April 29) two years ago. It can also be sunny and warm but the risk for heavy snow in May is real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 17:50 by Gaetzi.

Date: November 5, 2018 17:51

Thank you folks. I hate stadiums but I'll take what I can get lol.

Date: November 5, 2018 18:10

The plan was to play large cities like Boston, NYC, Chi, LA etc. I was expecting 2-3 shows in each city. Adding Denver is more like the Zip Code concept. Denver is 0.6 mill people in the city and 2.5 million urban area.

It might have been more profitable to play just 5-6 big cities, with multiple shows, but it seems like The Stones once more want to add some other cities. I would not say they are like Mother Theresa, but if they manage to add Seattle and Vancouver, and Toronto, and may be even Miami, then this would be the perfect tour.

Arena shows are great, we do all love them, but stadiums make it possible to perform in front of 14 x 50,000 people i.e. 700,000 fans rather than 14 x 18,000 = 200,000 in an area tour. Basically, half a million more fans will be able to see the Stones in a stadium tour.

The tour is a safe bet, no worries, we just have to be patient and wait until they announce it officially. Meanwhile, there will be a teaser game. Watch out for tongues in more stadiums around.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:16

bv
The plan was to play large cities like Boston, NYC, Chi, LA etc. I was expecting 2-3 shows in each city. Adding Denver is more like the Zip Code concept. Denver is 0.6 mill people in the city and 2.5 million urban area.

It might have been more profitable to play just 5-6 big cities, with multiple shows, but it seems like The Stones once more want to add some other cities. I would not say they are like Mother Theresa, but if they manage to add Seattle and Vancouver, and Toronto, and may be even Miami, then this would be the perfect tour.

Arena shows are great, we do all love them, but stadiums make it possible to perform in front of 14 x 50,000 people i.e. 700,000 fans rather than 14 x 18,000 = 200,000 in an area tour. Basically, half a million more fans will be able to see the Stones in a stadium tour.

The tour is a safe bet, no worries, we just have to be patient and wait until they announce it officially. Meanwhile, there will be a teaser game. Watch out for tongues in more stadiums around.

Stadium gigs help keep the average seat price down, even if the front blocks are still expensive. If the Band and promoter need $10M in ticket sales, then spread over 50,000 its obviously much lower on average than spread over 20,000.

(i'm guessing on the gross, based on recent Billboard information)

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:19

Wonder if they still plan to have even one arena show on this run, as MSG was heavily rumoured for a chance...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:24

MisterDDDD
grzegorz67
steffialicia

Going to be tough to go back to the US mode of seating/ticketing.
Fell in love with Golden Circle (and real strong like with GA) in the UK spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's the one thing that puts me off a show there. I would expect seated places in what would ordinarily be the Standing No FIlter Pit to be upwards of $1,000.

I only missed 3 shows this year and I met lots of North Americans who enjoyed the standing floor. I only sat at 2 shows out of 11 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-05 18:26 by grzegorz67.

Date: November 5, 2018 18:25

Gaetzi
The Stones in Denver! After flying to various states and multiple countries I'll be able to ride my bike to a Stones show. Fantastic 'news'

I didn’t know you were from there. I have most of my family there—
including a set of extremely religious parents.
Can I grind out to ‘Dancing With Mr. D’ like in Paris ‘No Filter’ 2017
and then listen to sermons? I don’t know, I don’t know.

WHAT’S UP WITH CALIFORNIA???

Date: November 5, 2018 18:37

I'd have to think LA or SF would get a show.

I've been in Denver since 2002 w a one year stint as a pizza cook in Vail. If you have a lot of family here it seems like a no brainer. Catch the Stones and catch up w family. Maybe just don't stay w the folks!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 5, 2018 18:43

Gaetzi

A risky time of year for an outdoor show in Denver.. We typically get our biggest snow storms late spring. It snowed a foot on my birthday (April 29) two years ago. It can also be sunny and warm but the risk for heavy snow in May is real.

Bruce Springsteen Denver in Sep 1985 was postponed due to snow.

I am sure there is some sort of contingency plan place though that may not help people traveling.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 5, 2018 19:01

bv

Boston barely got out of the 40's in that date range this year. New York City was very cool as well.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 5, 2018 19:13

bv
These are the dates where the hotels are packed during the Stones tour next year:

Based on past tours experiences, hotels often get inside info, probably from locals, not Stones, and then they increase their prices on certain dates. Foxboro prices are insane at those dates, also, to accomodate a stadium crew and also the Stones it is not that hard to figure out dates, once you know the Stones are coming into town.

Don't pay for any hotels yet, but if you are able to have flexible bookings, it would not hurt to check out your options. Hotels just increase their rates, Boston will be very expensive, also Denver. Bring a tent, or stay local with a friend!

Flexible hotel booked for Denver cool smiley.
Long run in the New England area, going to wait to see as that gets fine tuned.
Hopefully that translates into an arena show to go with the Foxboro gig(s).

Date: November 5, 2018 19:15

Gaetzi
I'd have to think LA or SF would get a show.

I've been in Denver since 2002 w a one year stint as a pizza cook in Vail. If you have a lot of family here it seems like a no brainer. Catch the Stones and catch up w family. Maybe just don't stay w the folks!

Yes, thank you for the added guilt ;-)

It would be hilarious if it snowed. No roof No problem California grinning smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 5, 2018 19:23

Bummer, looks like stadiums, was hoping for arenas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home