Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:12

I'm able to see it. [www.9news.com]
*And also the one posted by Topi.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-06 22:12 by Hairball.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:16

Hairball
I'm able to see it. [www.9news.com]
*And also the one posted by Topi.

In the news clip it says the banner has come down with an announcement to be made soon.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:17

MisterDDDD
35love
Well Mr DDDDD
looks like we’re left in the cold again
(or will be cold during a show)
Based on TKinOH updated list
where to go? :-(
Edit oops maybe that sounds like we’re going to a show together, we’re not
we ended up a The last greatest show Twickenham hanging out

IDK about this USA tour plan!

cool smiley
I say another round of meet-ups on foreign soil which also involves ale, fish n chips, steak pies, people speaking english oddly, and pubs.
See ya' in Vancouver!

Are there enough of Vancouver stones fans on this board for us to have a christmas drinks night?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:36

Topi
MAF, how about this link?

[www.google.com]
Thanx, but it doesn't work for me. But I got the information...smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:36

I'll be in Vancouver right after Christmas for a couple of weeks. Definitely down for a drink!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 6, 2018 22:41

bv
They played a number of cities like San Diego, Atlanta, Detroit etc in 2015 during Zip Code, and also they did California and LV 2016, so technically it is the larger East Coast cities they have been missing out on. I can't see how they can do a complete big city US tour with 14 shows. May be an East Coast tour. Watch out for stadium teasers...

the 2016 east coast dates (remember boston private gig) were cancelled because mick's new baby was arriving then. what dates were those? not doing SF/oakland? mon dieu! unpossilble!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-06 22:42 by sundevil.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 6, 2018 23:54

That tounge at Mile High’s put me in a mess,
have to bring the husband, who said we have to bring the kids.
Not to a show! But now it’s a whole thing.
It was easier igconito.
I get the feeling Denver will represent the West. Maybe 2 shows?
Who knows? Good grief we don’t even have the schedule yet.

Date: November 7, 2018 01:46

watched the totally stripped shows right now btw and imo this was the last time the stones seemed and looked cool. after that they seemed to slowly become a self parody

Date: November 7, 2018 02:16

This will be the forty-eighth tour of the Stones, amazing!
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: November 7, 2018 02:38

keefriffhard4life
watched the totally stripped shows right now btw and imo this was the last time the stones seemed and looked cool. after that they seemed to slowly become a self parody

Thanks God, Stones did not become a self parody imo - they have changed and are better and cooler than ever (cooler=more authentic, just for the joy of it)!!!! Everybody enjoy the US Tour, AND I hope there will be another European Tour after that....pleeeaaaase..!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 02:53 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 7, 2018 03:01

keefriffhard4life

The live shows are a thrill, being it is truly just them and their instruments.
How many live acts can truthfully state that?
If I had paid a ticket for a concert and the lead singers were lip synching to a recording, I’d walk out.
The ‘sound’ goes right into you.
It’s a thrill, I went 2x last 12 months.
Energetic challenging experience.

Date: November 7, 2018 04:04

keefriffhard4life

Not so sure about that - even then I thought they were becoming caricatures (and a brand name) if they hadn't fully already. And Bill was gone.
It depends on personal perspectives, but it's never been the same since Bill left in '92, and more recently Bobby passing in '14.
Still though, somehow looking forward to seeing them again. When they come to the US I'll be there at least once- it's an ongoing tradition since '81.

Date: November 7, 2018 04:30

Hairball
keefriffhard4life

Not so sure about that - even then I thought they were becoming caricatures (and a brand name) if they hadn't fully already. And Bill was gone.
It depends on personal perspectives, but it's never been the same since Bill left in '92, and more recently Bobby passing in '14.
Still though, somehow looking forward to seeing them again. When they come to the US I'll be there at least once- it's an ongoing tradition since '81.

oh i'll see them again and you are right about bill leaving but after the 1995 tour the bridges album seemed like 2 solo albums mashed together. the weird outfits they wore on that tour. the 40 licks tour mick started to look like he was trying to be a parody of mick jagger , of course the fall keith has started to go downhill and then like you said bobby passed

Date: November 7, 2018 04:32

ThroughTheLonelyNights
keefriffhard4life

Thanks God, Stones did not become a self parody imo - they have changed and are better and cooler than ever (cooler=more authentic, just for the joy of it)!!!! Everybody enjoy the US Tour, AND I hope there will be another European Tour after that....pleeeaaaase..!!!!

even though these songs came out before 1995 you don't think rock and a hard place, you got me rocking , etc are self parody?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 7, 2018 04:38

keefriffhard4life
ThroughTheLonelyNights
keefriffhard4life

even though these songs came out before 1995 you don't think rock and a hard place, you got me rocking , etc are self parody?

No!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 7, 2018 05:55

Hairball
timbernardis

And I can't take enough opportunities to remind them that they LOST the WORLD SERIES for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW !!! At least when the Giants get into the World Series, THEY WIN IT!!

plexi

That's OK Tim - history tells a different story.

Since arriving in Los Angeles in 1958, The Dodgers have won FIVE - 5 - World Series, and have won the National Title 11 times.
In stark contrast, since they arrived in San Francisco in 1958 the Giants have won only three - 3 - World Series, and only six pennants.

But maybe we can discuss this at a pre-show on the upcoming tour - have can have a mini Desert Trip reunion of our mini -meetup with sarahunwin, and the few other who were there.
You can gloat about the SF Giants all you want, while I can rest easily knowing the LA Dodgers have an all around better record.
And hopefully it will be in either L.A. or SF, but maybe safer if it's on nuetral turf. winking smiley

OK Eric/Hairball. If u want to go back 60 years, let's go back a little further, to 1903. The New York/San Francisco Giants have won EIGHT -8- World Series whilst the Brooklyn/Los Angeles have won SIX -6- titles. Regardless, I am more interested in the last 10 or so years, in which the Giants have won THREE -3- World Series (actually 3 in 5 years) whilst the Dodgers have won ZERO.

Having said that, yes, let's meet in peace (?) on neutral ground in DENVER! A mini Desert Trip reunion or at a larger IORR gathering, either would work!!!

peace/plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 05:57

MAF
timbernardis
Here is the article with video clip which actually contains more information than the article.
[www.9news.com]

plexi
Just tried the link. Got this:
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "[www.9news.com]; on this server.

Huh, that's funny. When I tried on IORR, it worked.

plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 06:03

keefriffhard4life

What was the last Stones show u saw and will u be seeing any on this upcoming tour?

plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 06:07

timbernardis
keefriffhard4life

What was the last Stones show u saw and will u be seeing any on this upcoming tour?

plexi

saw them in 1997, 2002 and 2006. i will see them on this tour if they are near me because for sure this will be the last time

Date: November 7, 2018 06:09

timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis

And I can't take enough opportunities to remind them that they LOST the WORLD SERIES for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW !!! At least when the Giants get into the World Series, THEY WIN IT!!

plexi

Since arriving in Los Angeles in 1958, The Dodgers have won FIVE - 5 - World Series, and have won the National Title 11 times.
In stark contrast, since they arrived in San Francisco in 1958 the Giants have won only three - 3 - World Series, and only six pennants.

But maybe we can discuss this at a pre-show on the upcoming tour - have can have a mini Desert Trip reunion of our mini -meetup with sarahunwin, and the few other who were there.
You can gloat about the SF Giants all you want, while I can rest easily knowing the LA Dodgers have an all around better record.
And hopefully it will be in either L.A. or SF, but maybe safer if it's on nuetral turf. winking smiley

OK Eric/Hairball. If u want to go back 60 years, let's go back a little further, to 1903. The New York/San Francisco Giants have won EIGHT -8- World Series whilst the Brooklyn/Los Angeles have won SIX -6- titles. Regardless, I am more interested in the last 10 or so years, in which the Giants have won THREE -3- World Series (actually 3 in 5 years) whilst the Dodgers have won ZERO.

Having said that, yes, let's meet in peace (?) on neutral ground in DENVER! A mini Desert Trip reunion or at a larger IORR gathering, either would work!!!

peace/plexi

We were talking strictly about the L.A./S.F. rivalry Tim - not about the New York/Brooklyn era!
And while the Dodgers may have lost the last two years in a row, at least they made it the World Series!!!

But enough of that, we need to focus on the Stones instead of clogging up this thread with stuff that 99% don't give a crap about.winking smiley

Peace, and we shall meet on neutral ground in Denver.

But if by any chance the play in L.A., you're welcome here and will have full protection from yours truly - just don't wear any of that ugly orange and black Giants gear or your on your own!!!

Date: November 7, 2018 07:04

keefriffhard4life
timbernardis
keefriffhard4life

plexi

saw them in 1997, 2002 and 2006. i will see them on this tour if they are near me because for sure this will be the last time

American tours only then and none since ABB. I think if u had seen them on the 50th anniversary tour to present, and in particular the No Filter tour, u might think differently. I have seen 9 shows in that time span. I know I am sounding a bit like a broken record to those who have already heard me say this before but I will say it again --- the second show in Paris on October 22nd 2017 was the GREATEST single Stones show I have ever seen, BAR NONE! And that is 54 shows going back to and including 1975. Nuff said.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 07:06 by timbernardis.

Date: November 7, 2018 07:22

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis

plexi[/quote

peace/plexi

We were talking strictly about the L.A./S.F. rivalry Tim - not about the New York/Brooklyn era!
And while the Dodgers may have lost the last two years in a row, at least they made it the World Series!!!

But enough of that, we need to focus on the Stones instead of clogging up this thread with stuff that 99% don't give a crap about.winking smiley

Peace, and we shall meet on neutral ground in Denver.

But if by any chance the play in L.A., you're welcome here and will have full protection from yours truly - just don't wear any of that ugly orange and black Giants gear or your on your own!!!

I will be wearing my original Stones TOTA '75 t shirt which, although several sizes too small now, I have a tradition of wearing once at my first show of each tour. Thereafter I will be wearing my CHARLIE AND THE PLEXIGLASS t shirt which I had created during the ABB tour and of which I gave several away to IORR members in London at the Pilot pub near the O2. Did u ever see it?

plexi

Date: November 7, 2018 07:41

Good lord Tim - you really screwed up the quoting above!
Not sure who said what now winking smiley but maybe that's a sign from the Gods to stay on topic!!!

As for the t-shirt you're referring to, don't recall ever seeing it - were you wearing it at Desert Trip?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-07 07:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 7, 2018 09:30

Rockman ..sorry for delay. Will try photobucket again this weekend.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 7, 2018 10:35

Ahhh . . . . Feels good to be back.

Date: November 7, 2018 15:35

timbernardis
keefriffhard4life
timbernardis
keefriffhard4life

plexi

American tours only then and none since ABB. I think if u had seen them on the 50th anniversary tour to present, and in particular the No Filter tour, u might think differently. I have seen 9 shows in that time span. I know I am sounding a bit like a broken record to those who have already heard me say this before but I will say it again --- the second show in Paris on October 22nd 2017 was the GREATEST single Stones show I have ever seen, BAR NONE! And that is 54 shows going back to and including 1975. Nuff said.

plexi

what does it matter that they were American tours? mick jagger now looks like he is doing those moves because "I'm mick jagger and people expect this" and keith clearly from the fall, old age and arthritis has issues playing and singing at the same time

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 7, 2018 15:50

PalaisRoyale
mitchrambler
I would think Cleveland browns or Cincinnati Bengals stadium may be in the mix.

Columbus was a stop on Zip Code. I don't think Ohio gets looked at this time. It's the large city stop tour this go around and cities and locations that have not been played for a while.

The last Cleveland show was 2002 and while it was a great show, there were empty sections throughout the arena (free upgrades were handed out) and the audience was surprisingly lacklustre sitting down for much of the show. Mick seemed particularly irritated by their lack of enthusiasm during the b-stage performance. I rather think Cleveland saw its last show.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 7, 2018 16:20

Who is Sandy Beach...and how reliable?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 7, 2018 16:28

You may want to run a search on Sandy Beach's posts on here. His track record when it comes to shows not yet officially confirmed is pretty darn good. Ever since the 14 on Fire tour. Look it up.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 7, 2018 16:31

stickyfingers101
Who is Sandy Beach...and how reliable?
No idea who, but proven to be very reliable here on recent tours.

Hoping for this list to grow this week.. seems likely after a couple quick tongue pop ups at stadiums that the trend would continue.

Solid rumors so far..

4/24 in Jacksonville, FL
---- in Miami

May 3 to May 5- Denver
May 10 to May 19- Foxboro/Boston

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10