Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 29
Re: OT: The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: July 6, 2018 06:56

Well this is a bummer... no futbol for me tomorrow. The only reason I can figure that FOX would choose to NOT show these matches tomorrow over-the-air in the US, on their main channel, is to hook people into having cable... and that ship has sailed. It is a disservice to people trying to be fans of World Cup to not show the matches tomorrow over the air.

July 6, 10:00a ET Uruguay vs. France FS1
July 6, 2:00p ET Brazil vs. Belgium FS1
July 7, 10:00a ET Sweden vs. England FOX
July 7, 2:00p ET Russia vs. Croatia FOX

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 08:29

Stoneage
Okey, the games tomorrow: I think Brazil will win over Belgium. Belgium were lucky to win against Japan. Now their luck will end. They are not without chance though.
Anything can happen as we have seen before in this World Cup. If Cavani can't play France will be clear cut favorites against Uruguay. If he can play the outcome will not be that obvious.
All in all, my guess: Brazil and France to the semi.
Agree !

Date: July 6, 2018 08:48

RoughJusticeOnYa
jpasc95
treaclefingers
Belgium over Brazil
France over Uruguay
Russia over Croatia
England over Sweden

Then,

France over Belgium
England over Russia

Then,
France vs. England...I can't choose, probably France.
Belgium over Brazil ?
are you ready to bet your patrimony on that prognostic ?

it would be some kind of miracle to me...

Well, speaking as a Belgian who picked France as a personal favourite for the ultimate victory before the tournament started (and is sticking with that), and also saw Brasil play some réally solid football, genuine champions’ style, growing into ‘it’ as the tournament progressed, I must say that if you really would consider it “a miracle” if Belgium would beat Brasil, you haven’t been paying attention for a while... or you’re just very easily shocked. smoking smiley
easily shocked ? I need much more than this.

I just think that Brazil is getting stronger and stronger while Belgium (3rd nation at fifa ranking) was very close to lose their game against Japan.

Belgians have shown some weakness in defense and attack too.

I'm very sorry but I'm afraid they will have to pack their things tomorrow morning and clean up the cloakrooms before leaving smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2018 10:11

- Sachi Escobar, the brother to Andres Escobar who was shot to death after his own goal in the 1994 World Cup is worried over Carlos Sanchez who caused the penalty against England.
He thinks he might not be safe when returning to Colombia.

- I hope Sweden has noticed how easy Harry Kane falls in the penalty box. So far he has fixed two penalties. My advice: Do not go to near him on corner kicks.
Keep the distance. But don't lose him in sight, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 13:24 by Stoneage.

Date: July 6, 2018 11:04

Harry Kane is tall but Swedish defenders too so no problem on that point.

As you said, they have to watch out and always remain careful and attentive when Kane runs into the penalty area cos he might have the temptation to fall down like many others do.

Posted by: rodes ()
Date: July 6, 2018 11:16

If you are already in the quarterfinals you have a chance to beat every team, once in the quarterfinals you are good. Belgium has a chance to win from Brazil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 12:26 by rodes.

Date: July 6, 2018 11:31

Of course they have, Rodes. If they have a good day they might very well win. It will all be settled on the pitch of course. Almost anything can happen.

Date: July 6, 2018 12:18

Offcourse, look to Portugal, Germany, Spain, Argentinia, all out.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 6, 2018 12:45

Stoneage

- I hope Sweden has noticed how easy Harry Kane falls in the penalty box. So far he has fixed three penalties. My advice: Do not go to near him on corner kicks.
Keep the distance. But don't lose him in sight, of course.

StoneAge, this is most infuriating. Which penalty was 'fixed', exactly? The one against the Tunisians, when he was rugby-tackled to the floor? The one's against the cheating, useless Panama?

Date: July 6, 2018 12:57

Okey, Big Al. What I mean is that he uses the "attendance" he gets in the box in fixed situations (most often corners) and falls easy. It's a trick of trade I guess. Often the defender is very clumsy and overambitious.
So, in a way, the defender has himself to blame. I have seen this twice in this WC. I'm not saying it's not a penalty. What I'm saying is that Kane has learnt how to use these situations. To score a penalty of course.

Ps. I was wrong on 3 penalties. It's only 2. One against Panama and one against Colombia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 13:27 by Stoneage.

Date: July 6, 2018 13:09

I have watch England Colombia. If England had played this way against Japan, as they played against Colombia, they would have loose that match. They had done well to let Belgium win against them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 13:14 by rodes.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 6, 2018 16:47

jpasc95
RoughJusticeOnYa
jpasc95
treaclefingers
Belgium over Brazil
France over Uruguay
Russia over Croatia
England over Sweden

Then,

France over Belgium
England over Russia

Then,
Belgium over Brazil ?

Well, speaking as a Belgian who picked France as a personal favourite for the ultimate victory before the tournament started (and is sticking with that), and also saw Brasil play some réally solid football, genuine champions’ style, growing into ‘it’ as the tournament progressed, I must say that if you really would consider it “a miracle” if Belgium would beat Brasil, you haven’t been paying attention for a while... or you’re just very easily shocked. smoking smiley

I just think that Brazil is getting stronger and stronger while Belgium (3rd nation at fifa ranking) was very close to lose their game against Japan.

I'm very sorry but I'm afraid they will have to pack their things tomorrow morning and clean up the cloakrooms before leaving smoking smiley

I’m sure you know your game -
As do I.
So just in case: agreement in disagreement, OK. I’m on holiday, currently in NYC, so I’m not looking for a football argument... smoking smiley

But:

(A) for the record, I think Brasil will win today.
(B ) weakness in defence? One straight error - Vertongen, first Japan goal - that’s it. The rest was mega-solid defending.
(C) weakness in attack? 11 goals in 4 matches & 3 different attacking line-ups... Lukaku serious contender for tournament goal scorer (especially since England & Harry Kane will be “coming home” very very soon...) - you gotta be kidding, right?!

Anyway - enjoy todays matches! (And that goes out to all of you)

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 6, 2018 17:51

Allez France!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: July 6, 2018 19:04

Yes !
I'm happy
Griezman goal is not a masterpiece but with a little bit of luck, we dit it.

We deserved to win that game.

Date: July 6, 2018 19:25

Second goal must be characterized as an own goal by the Uruguayan goalie. Sadly. For the Uruguay players I mean. France through to the semifinals.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:48

Here you go. There was a leak from Putin's secretariat. Top secret document with fixed results.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 6, 2018 21:26

Leonioid
Well this is a bummer... no futbol for me tomorrow. The only reason I can figure that FOX would choose to NOT show these matches tomorrow over-the-air in the US, on their main channel, is to hook people into having cable... and that ship has sailed. It is a disservice to people trying to be fans of World Cup to not show the matches tomorrow over the air.

July 6, 10:00a ET Uruguay vs. France FS1
July 6, 2:00p ET Brazil vs. Belgium FS1
July 7, 10:00a ET Sweden vs. England FOX
July 7, 2:00p ET Russia vs. Croatia FOX

July 6 Games on Free Over the Air TV on Telemundo (#47 in NYC)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2018 22:17

jpasc95
RoughJusticeOnYa
jpasc95
treaclefingers
Belgium over Brazil
France over Uruguay

Russia over Croatia
England over Sweden

Then,

France over Belgium
England over Russia

Then,
Belgium over Brazil ?

uh-hem...game isn't over yet, but so far treaclefingers is batting 1000.

Just sayin'...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-06 22:21 by treaclefingers.

Date: July 6, 2018 22:40

2-1...Treaclefingers is gettin' upset!

Date: July 6, 2018 22:55

whew...ok...still batting 1000.

Now, I'd like to collect from jpasc95 on my 'patrimony'.

or would you prefer to go double or nothing with my picks for tomorrow?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 6, 2018 23:15

Not at all surprised by tonight's result, before the tournament started I thought that Belgium would do very well with the players that they have.
Kompany, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, and Courtois are all world class players and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they went on to win it.

Note to Senhor Neymar: take a look a the story of the boy who cried wolf, if you lie all the time don't be surprised if no one believes you when you tell the truth.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 00:27 by Deltics.

Date: July 6, 2018 23:28

Congratulations Belgium, welldone!!!!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 6, 2018 23:31

Well done, Belgium,
and deserved, after all.

Prediction for tomorrow:

England and Croatia will make it.

Final will be France - Croatia...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 6, 2018 23:34

Deltics
Not at all surprised by tonight's result, before the tournament started I thought that Belgium would do very well with the players that they have.
Kompany, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Lukaku, and Courtois are all world class players and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they went on to win it.

Note to Senhor Neymar: take a look a the story of the boy who cried wolf, if you lie all the time don't be surprised if no one believes you when you tell the truth.

Well said! thumbs up

Congratulations, France and Belgium!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2018 23:38

Well done Belgium and France today.

Both well deserved wins.

Brazil left it all to do in the second half and were just not good enough to get the score to 2-2.

They played well in the second half ,as did Belgium , but the better team won in the end.

All Euro teams left now and really hoping England make it through to the Final ................and win it. smiling smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 6, 2018 23:40

Neymar was petulant; spoilt brat

Date: July 6, 2018 23:45

I am pleasantly surprised by the victory of Belgium. Congrats!thumbs up

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 7, 2018 00:03

so the World Cup has become an European affair – but what the heck is England doing there…? winking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 7, 2018 00:07

Haven’t seen a Belgian side this strong in a long time.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 7, 2018 00:17

treaclefingers
whew...ok...still batting 1000.

Now, I'd like to collect from jpasc95 on my 'patrimony'.

or would you prefer to go double or nothing with my picks for tomorrow?
LOL !
well done Treaclefingers !

well, I'm sure you're a nice guy but you're too dangerous to me.
I'd rather offer you a drink than bet the very few of what is left of my patrimony.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home