Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Steven Tyler
Date: September 27, 2005 01:04

Is it just me or does Mick and the Boys not acknowledge Tyler enough.

He is such a big fan of the Stones and gives them more respect then any other band (except for maybe Neil Young) that was influenced by the Stones.

He was at the Fenway shows.

Maybe bring him on stage once or something.

Re: Steven Tyler
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 27, 2005 01:05

Not the way the Stones do business. The pay homage to THEIR heroes, not to those who idolize them....

Date: September 27, 2005 01:06

Dream On is playing now - my 16 year old daughter loves it. Memories of so many years ago. I keep waiting to hear her Eminem version too.

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: September 27, 2005 01:08

But they had Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin on stage in 1989.... Steven Tyler would always be the better choice!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 27, 2005 01:15

right - but the Gunners opened the show - be different (maybe) if Aerosmith opened.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:00

I don't konw if Aerosmith would open for the Stones, unless it were a festival. Steven Tyler once said that Aerosmith would never open for anyone, which is why KISS opened every show on their co-headlining tour. I know a lot of people on here might say Aerosmith isn't that great, but I think they are one of the best bands in the world and definitely shoudln't be opening for anyone, even the Stones. Not that the Stones would open for Aerosmith, but that the combination would be awkward and shouldn't happen in my opinion. I think Aerosmith is in the caliber of U2, McCartney and the Stones when it comes to the idea that they shouldn't be opening for anyone.

Date: September 27, 2005 04:04

Oh, and I agree with All My Friends are Junkies in the fact that Aersomith isn't recognized enough by the Stones, or by the industry in general. I think they are the most underrated big band in the world. Yeah i know their last album was a bit poppy, but overall they are amazing performers, songwriters and all around good people. They have probably/technically more hits than U2 and Zeppelin and are the one band could come close to having the number of hits as the Beatles or Stones. Whenever I read those "top 100 bands" and all those top whatever lists I always think that Aerosmith should be higher.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:10

I believe Aerosmith opened for the Stones on the Voodoo Lounge tour. Can anybody verify this?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:12

Mick & Steve --- Live Lips Show.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:51

Aerosmith is great, I don't care what anyone says. The 70's stuff is great. The 80's - present stuff is a bit poppy sounding but they are still excellent songs. I have seen them twice and they have delivered each time.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 27, 2005 04:57

Being at one point in time from the Boston (New England) area, I saw Aerosmith play on the back of a flat bed truck in a city park in Nashua, NH and many, many times thereafter. A great band to be sure and a great live show.............however T & A hit it on the head!!!!

Date: September 27, 2005 05:45

I dont think they opened for the Stones in '94. I used to be quite obsessed with the band I don't remember hearing that. Aerosmith was HUGE in 1994. Get A Grip was an extremely popular and successful album and they were definitely one of the (of not THE) big bands on MTV. Cryin', Crazy, LIvin' On The Edge, Amazing, Eat The Rich were all big MTV videos all from that same album.

Posted by: blskid1 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 16:55

Metallica said the same about being too big to open up for anyone and here they are opening up for the Stones.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:00

There would be 1,000 groups to pay hommage to in order to fulfill this.
We wouldnt give Tylers & his Aerosmiths positive-discriminating treatment
just because they are American, right?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:08

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing and a lot of the other sickeningly sweet pop crap they have put out makes me want to puke.

Posted by: fuzzbingz ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:10

No Expectations,
Just out of curiosity when did you see Aerosmith play on a flatbed truck in Nashua, NH? What year would that have been and what were the circumstances?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:13

I've always loathed Aerosmith & don't see how they came to be considered any sort of major band. They have nothing to say & are not interesting to me on any level. Also, people call the RS corporate - I mean hiring outside songwriters & going for those vacuous power ballads since Perry re-joined, lord its worse than the earlier dumb sex jokes...Give me 1 NY Dolls song (ANY one) over the entire arrowsmith catalog anyday.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:16

I think they would open for the Stones if asked.
Anyway I saw Steven Tyler in Fenway he just stood behind me on the pitch before the show for a minute and he didn't seem to be in good condition. His face was all white make up...

And as far as I know it's not Tyler or any member of Aerosmith who writes their material...

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:20

If Mick would call Tyler up and ask him to open up for the Stones... he would do it. I don't have a doubt about it.

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:33

One word - AERO-JOVI.

The suck and TRY to rip off the Stones non-stop with no apologies

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:39

up until 'Done With Mirrors', Aerosmith were a mighty fine r'n'r band

shame they went all wank once they cleaned up yawning smiley(

they should start doing gigs where they play the whole of a classic album from start to finish. i'd pay big money to see em doing 'Rocks'

sadly, i wouldn't dream of going to see em otherwise, i'd be in fear of dying from MOR ballad overload

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 17:52

That is exactly right on.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 19:24

I think Aerosmith are an awesome band. Their 70's albums are classics, especially Toys in the Attic and Rocks. By 1980, the drugs and alcohol use ruined them. I remember reading an interview with Joe Perry at the time. He said he didn't even know that their record company released a greatest hits album until a fan came up and wanted it autographed. Not many bands can survive having both their guitarists quit.
Run DMC's version of Walk This Way really rejuvenated their career and really opened them up to a new generation of fans. Aerosmith really took advantage of videos and as a result, many were in heavy rotation on MTV and other video channels: Dude Looks Like A Lady, Angel, Janie's Got A Gun, Crying, Crazy, etc.
I've seen them 3 times in concert and all 3 were great shows. One thing I like about them is that Tyler/Perry will still share the microphone during choruses, similar to Jagger/Richards in the 70's. Too bad they don't do it still!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 27, 2005 19:33

Aerosmith WAS a great band although Just Push Play was really good. I didn't like Honkin as they tried to be the Stones (again). Being from New England, you see them frequently. I've met Steve Tyler on a number of occassions, very nice guy. Bought us many beers one day in New Hampshire when he lived up there.

We met Joe Perry after one of his solos gigs when he was doing the Joe Perry Project. We all said hello to him and he ignored us so my friend said something to the effect of "why are you being such as @#$%&...is it becuase your album isn't selling?"

We got physically removed.

I think ST would soil his diaper if he ever got on stage with the Stones.

Posted by: blskid1 ()
Date: September 27, 2005 19:53

Cafaro...your friend is hilarious. I would have said the same thing. But Perry strikes me as the least approachable man in the band, while Hamilton Kramer seem to be cool.

Date: September 27, 2005 20:04

He's the type of person who will say anything to anyone without the slightest regard for the physical punishement that will be sure to follow!

Date: September 27, 2005 20:32

the 89 press conference Ronnie blurted out "Aerosmith" when asked about opening bands.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 27, 2005 21:56

gag me tyler he is a joke.......any more botox and face lifts and he will look like michael jackson...perry is good.....i will give you that..they wher so much better when they where getting banged up...ok yhey have like 5-6 good songs ...the rest is garbage.....LOL

Date: September 27, 2005 22:10

Can any of think of a band that was truley better after they got sober?

I can't

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 27, 2005 22:15

ERIC CLAPTON!!! is it .......funny story i was dating this chick like in the early 90's i was like 26ish she was 21ish HOT...anyways she meets me for a drink..."Dan you have to hear this new band they are sooooooo good....." i say "whats there name?" she says" ERIC CLAPTON UN- PLUGED ".....i almost choked..."honey i dont think we can see each other anymore" too funny!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home