Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Steven Tyler
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 27, 2005 22:42

I don;t think that's a reason to dump her......she just needs schoolin! I mean, how many of us would love a hot 21 year old to want to be with us???

Anyone? Bueller?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 27, 2005 22:47

no -kidding i was young too...we never really know what we have till we dont have it anymore...layla you got me on my knees!!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 27, 2005 22:49

i'd agree with the dumping there

in fact. if she liked him at all that's ground for a break up

did she have a blue rinse ?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 27, 2005 22:53

she was dumb as a cat..i guess thats why she liked me...she was big into...getting freaky....which was cool...she did turn me on to BIG HEAD TODD ..i was living in denver at the time....she was sexy...but dumb .. YIKES...."Eric Clapton Un -pluged" true story man!!

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 27, 2005 23:26

fuzzbingz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No Expectations,
> Just out of curiosity when did you see Aerosmith
> play on a flatbed truck in Nashua, NH? What year
> would that have been and what were the
> circumstances?

I would have to say it was around the summer of 1972. Rumor was they were going to play a show at the park. It was an old baseball field originally used for minor league baseball back in the 40's & 50's as I recall. At the time it was used by the local high school and Babe Ruth league teams in the area. There was no stage set up or anything when we arrived. Then a flat bed truck pulled out onto the field with a tarp over the back. When the tarp was removed the drum kit, amps, speakers whatever were all there. The band came out walked up a little step ladder and proceeded to play most of their first album. As I recall the tickets were $2.00 At the time they played around the area quite frequently, mostly little shows at the local High Schools and armories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-27 23:29 by No Expectations.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 28, 2005 00:56

Keefed-
"And as far as I know it's not Tyler or any member of Aerosmith who writes their material..."

That's not true at all. Aerosmith writes their own music. Yes they do have outside songwriters for some songs but they don't necessarily write the songs for them, they just help fix the songs they wrote, in a sense like a producer, only they get credit for writing the song unlike a producer. I mean for God's sake EVERY ARTIST EVER has had someone help them with their music. You think the Beatles came up with all their new ideas themselve? Hell no! George Martin was there for that. Hell, Charlie Watts doesn't even play the drums on You Can't Always Get What You Want, but yet we still credit him for his efforts. So don't bang Aerosmith, they are just nicer than the Stones and Beatles and other artists and actually give credit to their helpers, whereas other bands get the same help but are @#$%& about it and don't acknowledge it. Doesn't make Aerosmith out to be less of a band, they're just more human. End of story.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 28, 2005 02:23

I don't think Tyler expects to be brought up on stage! He was at the Fenway gig because he loves to listen to the band, just like us! I saw him at the MSG gig in Jan 1998 too with Joe Perry and Tyler brought his wife( not living together anymore!) Tyler is cool andI'm sure Mick brings him backstage. I saw a photo of the two of them at MSG come to think of it taken moments before the show. Aerosmith is hardly a Stones rip-off band! They sound NOTHING like the Stones nor do they try to copy them; in their early years, comparisons were drawn because Tyler looked a bit like Mick, although he certainly doesn't look like Mick NOW! I love Tyler and it is not Sacriledge to love both bands! Stones rule however!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: September 28, 2005 02:45

i agree with u wholeheartedly Debra. thank you for a mature answer.

Date: September 28, 2005 03:32

T&A what your saying is correct.

But maybe it's that attitude that is bothersome. If Muddy had that same attitude - we would not have thoses Chicago recordings.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: September 28, 2005 06:27

Debra Wrote:
> Aerosmith is hardly a Stones rip-off band!
> They sound NOTHING like the Stones nor do they try
> to copy them; in their early years, comparisons
> were drawn because Tyler looked a bit like Mick,
> although he certainly doesn't look like Mick NOW!
> I love Tyler and it is not Sacriledge to love both
> bands! Stones rule however!

Couldn't have said it better myself Debra! God I love smart women!smiling smiley

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: September 28, 2005 14:43

AH SHUCKS! Thanks guys!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 28, 2005 15:42

Cafaro Wrote:
> I don;t think that's a reason to dump her......she
> just needs schoolin! I mean, how many of us would
> love a hot 21 year old to want to be with us???
>
> Anyone? Bueller?

(Cafaro on Tat2you)

Girls are generally worse in musical taste.
Sad but true; goes for 98% of the women in the world.
Most of the others hangs around here, dont they?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 1, 2005 18:04

The lip twins...

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: October 1, 2005 18:57

Boy...Mick sure looks a HELLUVA lot better than Steven based on this photo !!

Posted by: RockR ()
Date: October 1, 2005 19:09

Debra Wrote:
> Aerosmith is hardly a Stones rip-off band!
> They sound NOTHING like the Stones nor do they try
> to copy them; in their early years, comparisons
> were drawn because Tyler looked a bit like Mick,
> although he certainly doesn't look like Mick NOW!
> I love Tyler and it is not Sacriledge to love both
> bands! Stones rule however!

Although I like Aerosmith, I don't think this is quite true. Aerosmith sounds like a heavy metal version of the Stones, for better or worse. If you took the Stones, beefed up their guitar sound and made their groove more pounding than swinging, they would sound a lot like Aerosmith. And both bands feature the same sly sexism in their lyrics and blues roots in their sound. What makes the Stones so much superior to Aerosmith is the songwriting --- Jagger/Richards are just so much better than Tyler/Perry in coming up with great melodies and classic hooks --- as well as the fact that the Stones can handle different styles of music better than Aerosmith can. Probably the best way to approach it is that the Stones are a truly GREAT band, whereas Aerosmith is just a real good band.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 1, 2005 19:27

T&A Wrote:
> Not the way the Stones do business. The pay homage
> to THEIR heroes, not to those who idolize them....

T&A,

Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think All My Friends Are Junkies said anything about the Stones paying homage to Aerosmith or Tyler, just acknowledgement, as he put it:

"Is it just me or does Mick and the Boys not acknowledge Tyler enough.
. . .

Maybe bring him on stage once or something."

I mean if the Stones can bring Vedder, Crow, Bono, Dave Matthews, and (unbelievably) Justin Timberflake on stage, then surely similarly acknowledging Tyler wouldn't be out of the question.

I think it'd be okay, compared to Timberflake and Matthews, but I'd hope that the Stones just let me know in advance, so I don't have to hear it, because I can just imagine Tyler destroying any song he did. Perhaps Tyler could do the vocals on 2120 S. Michigan Ave?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-01 19:37 by camper88.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1181
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home