Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Sign here please for MICK TAYLOR
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: September 28, 2005 21:34

I want to clarify some things about the petition because this thread seems to have completely misinterpreted it, and turned it into a Woody vs MT thread (yet again). That was never the intent of the petition. I just saw Ronnie in concert on Monday, and thought he sounded better than I've ever heard him on Sympathy, but would still like to see MT play a few songs onstage with Ronnie there. And for the stones to release it on DVD!

As the petition states, this is for MT to do a GUEST SPOT, not to permanently join the band, NOR to replace Ron Wood.

I love Ronnie, wouldn't want him to be replaced. But they can and still should have MT do a few songs with them on stage. Why you ask?

1) to show appreciation for his role in the greatest hits they continue to pull out every tour, which the fans want to hear. And for the 70s songs, which are out in full force on this tour...why do you suppose? Because fans want to hear it, so the stones will pull out their past for our enjoyment.

2) as the petition states, for the younger fans, such as I, who never had the opportunity to see MT live with the stones.

3) It will make the band sound great, and will make them appear very gracious and emphasize their longevity and legendary status. People will come out in droves to see MT live with the stones....think about that Mick Jagger....lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$.

4) to give MT's career a boost, the limelight his talent deserves. Mick's playing still has it--just listen to the John Mayall 70th bday concert.

NOW PLEASE--- #32 Ron Wood, if that was really you I appreciate it. To the others who post under phony names, please don't do that, it's immature. If you don't agree with the petition, simply don't sign it then!

The Stones do read this board, they do care about the fans' opinions. They even sought out our ideal setlist thru rs.com and various boards when they were rehearsing in Toronto, so we do have some input. The fans are important! We are their source of income!!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-29 00:12 by Miss U..

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 28, 2005 22:43

Hey Miss U - that's all I want, just a 1 night gig (include B. Wyman!)
and record it for DVD release!!!

JJ - I'm not going to buy the new CD!! I'll listen to it at a friends house
who buys it. and I'm not asking for Taylor to be brought back in and Ronnie
kicked out! I do like "some" of the newer Stones stuff, think I mentioned
a number of the songs I like (in other posts) next trial!!

MLC

Date: September 29, 2005 00:15

To those that support the petition, please include this link on other msg boards, or add it to your site:

[www.petitiononline.com]

and there is also a link at the bottom of the page to pass it on to a friend, or anyone who likes rock music I suppose...

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: September 30, 2005 01:24

Keep signing. Thx.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 30, 2005 01:30

it'll b a cold cold Winter,,,that micky taylor was a bad bad boy on that 72 tour

Date: September 30, 2005 21:31

Interesting that as soon as I posted about the petition on shidoobee, the powers that be deleted it!!

Let's keep this thread active to encourage more to sign, and spread the word! The more sigs the better.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:35

Love it - Miss U!!!

One way or another we'll get "Taylor" back on that stage (at least for 1 night)
with the boys, and we'll get Wyman back for that one too!!!!! MLC

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:40

maybe if you guys all hold hands and sing Kumebaya.....they will think about it...all this mick Taylor stuff is to much non-sense....why not get Billy Preston back...while you are at !!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: October 1, 2005 02:05

hot stuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KEITH CAN'T BE THAT MAD AT TAYLOR..keith had him
> play on his solo album..

So why did Richards have him play on the album?

1. sell a few extra copies to the 70s era fans
2. warning shot to Jagger in the late 80s when the Stones were not recording or touring

OK--maybe he also likes his playing too. But, if you read any of the '75-'76 interviews, you'd doubt that.

tat2you Wrote:
> why not get Billy Preston
> back...while you are at !!

With a Preston 2-song solo set again?! How many piss breaks do you need in one show?

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: October 1, 2005 03:39

dream, dream dream dream...
yikes!

Date: October 1, 2005 23:22

Imagine Sway, Midnite Rambler, Ventilator Blues, Sympathy FTD, Dead Flowers, or Bitch with Mick Taylor....hmmmm....it's enough to make me salivate like a pavlov dog.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 1, 2005 23:24

Miss U. Wrote:
> Imagine Sway, Midnite Rambler, Ventilator Blues,
> Sympathy FTD, Dead Flowers, or Bitch with Mick
> Taylor....hmmmm....it's enough to make me salivate
> like a pavlov dog.

imagine? you dont have to....just put on the cd.....ps....that was over 30 years ago

Date: October 2, 2005 21:19

Hmmm, now imagine Mick Taylor and Ronnie trading licks on Heartbreaker, as hot as the way MT & Buddy Whittington traded licks on "Oh Pretty Woman" on the John Mayall 70th bday DVD......that would be nice.
I saw the video clip of Heartbreaker on rs.com, sounds good, but I think Ronnie should have played longer.

Date: October 5, 2005 21:15

Keep hope alive.....
:>)

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2185
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home