Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21
Re: Southampton UK 29-May-2018 Rolling Stones No Filter live updates
Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 30, 2018 18:42

Hairball
maumau
This is a different video of SMU to discuss the quality of the intro

[youtu.be]

Listened to the beginning which is obviously a train wreck, and once Keith derails it there's not much chance in saving it -sounds like Charlie fell over his drum set. Even Mick seems confused, and not until his first "Start Me Up" does the tune become recognizable. As for the rest of the tune, didn't listen as it's never been a favorite of mine, but I assume it sounded OK for those who were there?

It was just a flubbed chord in the intro.
Once the rest of the band kicked in it was very obvious what the song was and it sounded fine. No big deal.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 30, 2018 18:46

keithsman
Concerning SMU , Keith no longer likes this as an opener so he makes a mess of the intro on purpose to send a message, he has done this before on the second Hyde Park gig in 2013.

Love Keith for it, who gives a shit about one bum note anyway, go play the record if you want perfection, this is the Stones live, mistakes are part of their charm, they all make mistakes all the time, so what.

Yes Keith intentionally sabotages songs because he doesn't like them anymore lol.

As for your second sentence....well it wasn't long ago when you were calling for someone to retire and be replaced.

"this is the Stones live, mistakes are part of their charm, they all make mistakes all the time, so what".

True enough, and that should go for all members of the band - not just Keith.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 30, 2018 18:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 18:51 by Silver Dagger.

Date: May 30, 2018 18:50

Under My Thumb from Southampton May 29 2018

Date: May 30, 2018 18:56

Sympathy For The Devil - Southampton May 29 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 18:57 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2018 18:58

thanks SilverDagger for feeding us great moving pictures of those dear old notes bummers

Date: May 30, 2018 19:03

maumau
Thanks Hairball, though there was a little bit of irony in that previous post of mine smiling smiley

but I guess this is really relevant since discussion is going on for some pages now

Ahhh ok having skimmed through the entire thread now, I see...
I take it you're fed up with the criticism? winking smiley

From what I've seen vis video clips, seems to have been a decent show by today's standards (won't mention the "newest" song being 24 years old again lol ), and having Sweet Virginia in the set is always a gift.
Trying to find a video of Midnight Rambler...thumbs up

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 30, 2018 19:03

mikehat
Hairball
maumau

[youtu.be]

Listened to the beginning which is obviously a train wreck, and once Keith derails it there's not much chance in saving it -sounds like Charlie fell over his drum set. Even Mick seems confused, and not until his first "Start Me Up" does the tune become recognizable. As for the rest of the tune, didn't listen as it's never been a favorite of mine, but I assume it sounded OK for those who were there?

Once the rest of the band kicked in it was very obvious what the song was and it sounded fine. No big deal.

Well, yes, but still it's a downer. It's the very first chord of the gig and in the most anticipated moment of it (i.e. the band coming on stage).

Anyway once it's done there's not much choice but to carry on with the song and try to save it anyhow.

Date: May 30, 2018 19:04

speaking of which I share again this

video: [www.youtube.com]

*no spoil to the SMU-bum-note-intro-discussion intended

Date: May 30, 2018 19:14

Hairball
maumau
Thanks Hairball, though there was a little bit of irony in that previous post of mine smiling smiley

but I guess this is really relevant since discussion is going on for some pages now

Ahhh ok having skimmed through the entire thread now, I see...
I take it you're fed up with the criticism? winking smiley

From what I've seen vis video clips, seems to have been a decent show by today's standards (won't mention the "newest" song being 24 years old again lol ), and having Sweet Virginia in the set is always a gift.
Trying to find a video of Midnight Rambler...thumbs up

Well I guess I am fed up with monomaniacal anal-yism but that is my take on that of course.

I am very keen to dismiss UMT without even having heard last night version for example grinning smiley

But I think it is really a bit wearying sometimes to read the monochordists here

I totally agree when you say "by today's standards", and I think we can all agree on that

So that, those who needs in every post they make to scientifically demonstrate that they are not anymore what they were in 1973 can take some rest.

I bet we all are here not because of that but notwithstanding that notion

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: May 30, 2018 19:15

Irix
nobodyimportant

This is class! But I can't see it anywhere on the Stones site?

The Southampton-Merch is now also available in the European RS-Shop:

T-Shirt: [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

Lithograph: [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

Thank you! I see it on that link, but I'm getting no redirect from the Stones site. Maybe a browser issue.

Is there a size guide anywhere? Actual measurements of S-M-L-XL please?

Date: May 30, 2018 19:17

Wild Slivovitz
mikehat
Hairball
maumau

[youtu.be]

Well, yes, but still it's a downer. It's the very first chord of the gig and in the most anticipated moment of it (i.e. the band coming on stage).

Anyway once it's done there's not much choice but to carry on with the song and try to save it anyhow.

I always think of casual fans who are in attendance at shows and/or those who are seeing them for the first time..."The Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band"...and this is the first impression they get.
By the time the show's over I'm sure they can appreciate what the fuss is all about, but some of today's shows are a bit hit and miss from one song to the next.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 30, 2018 19:20

Irony, humour, sarcasm, wit, laughter, fun, and generally just being silly for the fun of it gets lost here sometimes maumau .winking smiley

They want to discuss bum notes.eye rolling smiley

Date: May 30, 2018 19:23

keithsman
Irony, humour, sarcasm, wit, laughter, fun, and generally just being silly for the fun of it gets lost here sometimes maumau .winking smiley

They want to discuss bum notes.eye rolling smiley

oh well so be it eye rolling smiley

smileys with beer

Date: May 30, 2018 19:32

mikehat
Hairball
maumau

[youtu.be]

Exactly thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 30, 2018 19:37

Jezus.all this blah blah about some wrong notes.
Those who posted about wrong notes shouls just wonder what they will be like when they are 74 a 75 years old.would not they make mistakes??especially when they have not had a life of indulgences like the Stones.

I should not have even reacted but..
Jeroen

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 30, 2018 19:39

keithsman
mikehat
Hairball
maumau

[youtu.be]

These people are brutal. It was one ***king note!!!

Exactly thumbs up

Date: May 30, 2018 19:40

Hairball
keithsman
Concerning SMU , Keith no longer likes this as an opener so he makes a mess of the intro on purpose to send a message, he has done this before on the second Hyde Park gig in 2013.

Love Keith for it, who gives a shit about one bum note anyway, go play the record if you want perfection, this is the Stones live, mistakes are part of their charm, they all make mistakes all the time, so what.

Yes Keith intentionally sabotages songs because he doesn't like them anymore lol.

As for your second sentence....well it wasn't long ago when you were calling for someone to retire and be replaced.

"this is the Stones live, mistakes are part of their charm, they all make mistakes all the time, so what".

You obviously missed my post on the previous page, i don't think anyone has given higher praise to Mick for his recent performances.

I said

Yeah BowieStone he has improved and so has Mick and Ronnie, Mick is just blowing me away, he seems more energetic and his vocals are so strong, i can't actually take in how good he is, Mick has perfected his art and is still improving, a lot of his movements this year are more natural and have an unrehearsed feel to them, just incredible i have to say.

Date: May 30, 2018 19:44

What about that Rambler people, my God we should all agree that was something else, just mesmerizing.
Thanks for the link Maumau thumbs up

Date: May 30, 2018 20:00

keithsman
Hairball
keithsman

You obviously missed my post on the previous page, i don't think anyone has given higher praise to Mick for his recent performances.

I said

Yeah BowieStone he has improved and so has Mick and Ronnie, Mick is just blowing me away, he seems more energetic and his vocals are so strong, i can't actually take in how good he is, Mick has perfected his art and is still improving, a lot of his movements this year are more natural and have an unrehearsed feel to them, just incredible i have to say.

My point was, if you're able to criticize others (as you did the other day w/Charlie), then all members should be open to criticism as well as praise.
I know you get sensiitve when Keith is discussed/criticized, but can't have it both ways, otherwise that would be double standards.

Yes Mick seems to have been great, especially when considering there were those who were diagnosing him with laryngitis the other day based on the previous show.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:10

Keith is not able to play snymore,let,s face it.

Date: May 30, 2018 20:19

Hairball
keithsman
Hairball
keithsman

I said

My point was, if you're able to criticize others (as you did the other day w/Charlie), then all members should be open to criticism as well as praise.
I know you get sensiitve when Keith is discussed/criticized, but can't have it both ways, otherwise that would be double standards.

Yes Mick seems to have been great, especially when considering there were those who were diagnosing him with laryngitis the other day based on the previous show.

Well i did apologize for saying that about Charlie about 20 times now, do you need me to apologize again, is that what you're fishing for.

I just think the tempo of the songs is too slow on SMU and BS and a few others, i put that down to Charlie, no big deal, just my opinion.
they need a new drummer was tongue in cheek, just being flippant, not serious, hadn't worked out the consequences of my words down to the last detail, didn't realize a week later my words were going to still be scrutinized, but some of you take everything seriously on here.
Dean Goodman said exactly the same thing, i doubt he meant it either.
Yes i know Keith does the intros slow sometimes, but that's not intending the songs to be played slow throughout, its just Keith having fun with it, mixing it up a little, sometimes i don't think you really get Rock And Roll, its about the neck down, its about having a few beers and dancing and letting your hair down, its not to be over analyzed because you loose something when you do that, the Stones themselves probably forget the bum notes in 5 minutes, they are to busy making incredible sounds on the next song to care.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:19

harlem shuffle
Keith is not able to play snymore,let,s face it.

You're not able to spell anymore but you still give it a damn good go. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-30 20:19 by mikehat.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:30

When was the last time they played Sweet Virgina ?

Date: May 30, 2018 20:31

brownsugar86

Last night winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:32

brownsugar86

Stockholm last year.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:34

maumau
'nuff with those pictures
I wanna talk about bum notes!

Let’s talk about the pictures.
The band looks incredible for what? 75 years old median ages?
Good Lord.
The colors are captured in depth, Keith’s black leather coat is handsome as heck
Ronnie in matching variations of blue green and Bjornulf’s photos capture emotions in faces, and Mick, well, Mick’s hot.
OLE MOFOS this is an exciting tour-

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 30, 2018 20:37

SomeTorontoGirl
Cristiano Radtke
SomeTorontoGirl
I can hardly sit down, what with all these horseshoes up my arse. First, the weather cleared beautifully! Then my Lucky Dips landed me in Pit B. Then the boys were on their game! Sweet Virginia was a treat, and it was just a great night. AND, when my hotel seemed buggered up beyond redemption, it turns out one of the staff is an IORR lurker and sorted it brilliantly. Happy, happy, happy!

Lol, IORRians everywhere! grinning smiley

Cheers, STG!

Thanks for all your pics, Cristiano!

My pleasure, STG!

I've found these nice photos from yesterday's concert, which reminded me that great photo of Keith posted by GeorgeV on the Dublin thread:

[www.instagram.com]

Date: May 30, 2018 20:41

Hairball you remind me of a troll with a high IQ, i'm not entirely convinced you like this band at all but you do a good job of pretending you do.

And sorry again Mick doesn't have laryngitis, it did look like Mick had laryngitis during London 2, pardon me for jumping to conclusions, plus last night people witnessed him blowing out mucus from his nose so who knows, he might have had the start of inflammation and infection and got excellent treatment over the previous 4 days.
No one knows for sure but we talk on here and sometimes we get it wrong and sometimes we get it right.
@#$%& it i'm bailing out, what a wind up who needs this shit.

Date: May 30, 2018 20:46

Mick does sound a bit different in the videos than the first shows. Bet he is 100% again next show

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home