Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
DONT THE STONES HAVE THE GUTS TO PLAY WANT THE REAL FANS WANT TO HEAR
Posted by: jaggerlips ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:07

Why dont Mick and the gang play more obscure material. I have already seen them on this tour in Ottawa, I travelled from the UK and was totally disapointed. I paid over $400.00 for my ticket just to hear Brown sugar for the twentieth time. I can hear people saying that they have to please punters who have never seen the stones before, @#$%& them this is the stones.
I think Keef and the gang should play songs that the real fans want to hear, u all know the songs, Some Girls, Jigsaw puzzle etc.
The band should stop playing it safe and really go for it, they should play the whole bigger bang compositions on this tour, they are not a greatest hits band they are the rolling stones in the 2000's, Be honest who wants to go to 10 shows and listen basically to the same set, say for a few song changes in evry city. The live licks tour was great, I got to hear songs that I waited 15 years for.
If I am wrong please tell me?
By the way dont forget I still love the greatest rock n roll band in the world, I just wish they would stop conforming

Re: DONT THE STONES HAVE THE GUTS TO PLAY WANT THE REAL FANS WANT TO HEAR
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:09

No..youre not wrong at all IMO

But I have a sneaking suspicion you may provoke a reaction with some people here... :-)

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:10

@#$%& THE ROLLING STONES @#$%& THOSE PRICKS!! I HATE THEM!! TO HELL WITH MICK JAGGER!! SCREW KEITH RICHARDS!!

By the way I still love The Rolling Stones...

Posted by: jaggerlips ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:13

YOu always get one!

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:13

A lot of us couldn't agree more with you, lips.

Now tell us how you really feel.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:18

I agree that they should play a larger variety of songs. But, nobody is forcing you to go see them. If you're convinced we aren't going to get much more variety than we're already getting, then only plan on going to one show on this tour.

I'd like to go to more than one, but finances will probably prevent that. So while I'd like to see some rarities in Chicago in January, I'll be thrilled with whatever they play because it will be the first time I've seen it in at least three years (last saw them in 02) and maybe the last time ever.

The tour is still young, though, maybe we are going to get some new stuff tonight in Columbus. And more new stuff in January, then another new batch for Europe. At least I hope so. If not I will be disappointed but still a big fan.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:29

I guess it would only add irony to the set list if they played You Can't Always Get What You Want?

Of course we all agree that would be great, but just not realistic.

So I'm hoping that I get what I need. Cue the choir.

By the way, why are you SHOUTING? And why would you post the same message this on ticket trade?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-24 23:52 by camper88.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:34

man this post is out there 500,000,000 times.

Date: September 24, 2005 23:37

I guess it will keep on until we get some more variety. It will be like McDonald's, over 10 billion served!

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:40

i know we've all been over this before...but its very simple.....more new tunes....more obscure tunes..and a few of the war horses...very diplomatic...i think they can remember those chords...best to all

Date: September 24, 2005 23:41

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> man this post is out there 500,000,000 times.

What's more predictable the set list or the reappearance of this topic on Tell Me?

Date: September 24, 2005 23:41

Dont see you up there fool, stay home next time then, more tix for real fans

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:43

I saw three consecutive shows, MSG, Giants and Albany. The thrill of seeing them never goes away, and I fully accept that I'm going to hear Brown Sugar for the umpteenth time. There was some variation in the setlists between the 3 shows, which offered me as much "variety" as I think I think I could reasonably expect. This subject has been thrashed out before, but given the scale of a tour and the size of venues, I think that they've simply GOT to strike a compromise regarding the setlist for any given show - and they've got a mere 2 hours at their disposal. I think they do as good a job as possible in presenting some new stuff, some beloved old warhorses, and some equally beloved but more "obscure" stuff. What more do people want - and that you can reasonably expect them to deliver ? If you really want to hear 2 or more hours of obscure gems, book the Rolling Stones for a private party !! Suggesting they don't have "the guts" to play stuff "real" fans want to hear is absurd. The statement makes presumptions about the definition of a "real fan", and also evidently does not take into consideration that a Stones tour is a commercial exercise - it ain't for free and exclusively for my benefit or any other individual's benefit. It's for the benefit of an increasingly broad group of people. Anyway, the Stones should be commended solely for just being OUT THERE after all this time and playing to ANY variety of fan ! And they ARE out there, and they do bloody well !

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:43

real fans wouldn't sleep with lisa fischer!they'd screw her and go home.

Posted by: Knut ()
Date: September 24, 2005 23:44

They should play 10 songs from ABB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-24 23:45 by Knut.

Date: September 24, 2005 23:52

Knut Wrote:
> They should play 10 songs from ABB
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09/24/05 23:45 by
> Knut.

I could live with four if they would rotate BOMH and Infamy with some other stuff like It Won't Take Long, She Saw Me Coming and This Place Is Empty!

Posted by: rob ()
Date: September 25, 2005 00:01

No !

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 25, 2005 00:46

Paulywauly I have to agree with you. First of all is this self serving definition of what a real fan is really pisses me off at times! I remember in Licks when tickets via scalpers were all over the boards, people were claiming if you did not have the time to stake out a venue for days (screw your job and and family)and could afford to pay 2 and three times face value for tickets, then obviously you were not a "real fan." Apparently now you cannot be a real fan unless you want to attend a concert that plays half of her Satanic Majesties, because it is seldom done, and a full version of Dirty Work, because after all they never toured behind that and so it is full of rarities!

They have never played the Majority of their songs, so if next they play Too Much Blood, Indian Girl, etc, would that makje a real fan happy or would they bitch because they are not hearing the rarities that they choose? I am sure the Stones could play never before heard songs, and someone would complain that they miss the familiar stuff. In fact, I remember, because I am old enough, one of the reviews of a 75 show where that was the complaint; too much concentration on newer stuff, where were the classics? The man who started this post will not be happy until they give him 20 songes he personally chooses, hence the need for him to hire out a private show.

Also, all of us that spend so much time at these boards just simply refuse to admit that this is now BIG BUSINESS. Do not get me wrong, I would like to hear more variety, but I cannot get pissed if I do not! The Stones are not ( and maybe never really were) anti-establishment Rock and Roll Rebels, they want to please the most people they can. And since 39,000 out of 40000 at a Stadium would never recognize Gomper and probably do not even on a copy of EOMS. You cannot expect a band making a living to say "F*&K 90% of the Audience, we are the best and will do what we want!" That is commercial AND artistic suicide. The rest of us have to remember those people want what they heard on the radio...and those people pay the bills that allow us to see the Stones, not us, the fractional minority.

I am going to four shows in the USA so far and hope to hit the Far Eat and Europe. I am taking five differnet people to those four shows, two have seen the Stones once each before; one , twenty years ago, and the other LIcks ( and I took both), the other three are Virgins. I can only imagine their disappointment if they sat thru two hours of Jigsaw Puzzle, Mona, The Singer Not the Song, etc. I am taking people to get them into the legacy, not force the legacy prematurely down their throats.

Of course, as several on the Big Three Boards who have met me or kept in touch via e-mail, or sat on the streets of London with me at Licks can attest, because I can afford to pay some steep prices, and because I am just happy to see the Stones , I cannot be a real fan. There is the answer, all you real fans that are so unhappy, stay home, and let us that know nothing about the group and couldn't give a fig go and enjoy!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2005 00:55

kahoosier Wrote:
> Do not get me wrong, I would
> like to hear more variety, but I cannot get pissed
> if I do not!

Sure you can! You can do it! Just takes a little practice and you'll get the hang of it.

Date: September 25, 2005 00:57

Right!

Close this board down now!

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: September 25, 2005 01:14

Man, these guys are 62 plus years old... can they even REMEMBER the lyrics to all these "obscure" songs ??

I bet half of the tracks on their albums they can't even remember recording them!

lololololol I'm such a funny man, gifted with such amusing humor!

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Date: September 25, 2005 01:15

But Gazza, if they close this board down, I will have to spend all my nerd/geek time at your board and Stonesdoug's board, what will I do ? OMG the thought of the group retring...of IORR, Rocks Off, Shidoobbe all slowly melting away...OMG now you have me scared. Oh please, LOL, even if you do have to bitch and whine, come, come, voice your opinion...or I have no life!

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: September 25, 2005 01:24

jaggerlips did someone put a gun in your face to go to the show?, if you dont like the setlist then dont go.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2005 01:44

SeNdEr Wrote:
> jaggerlips did someone put a gun in your face to
> go to the show?, if you dont like the setlist then
> dont go.

ok, mom....

Date: September 25, 2005 01:49

kahoosier Wrote:
> But Gazza, if they close this board down, I will
> have to spend all my nerd/geek time at your board
> and Stonesdoug's board, what will I do ? OMG the
> thought of the group retring...of IORR, Rocks Off,
> Shidoobbe all slowly melting away...OMG now you
> have me scared. Oh please, LOL, even if you do
> have to bitch and whine, come, come, voice your
> opinion...or I have no life!

WHOOSH!

Just a wee satirical dig at what happened the other day where someone started a thread demanding this board be closed down simply because some people had posted something negative about the band...

I can see your point, though! ;-)

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: September 25, 2005 01:56

HEY JAGGERLIPPS!!!!...HERE'S AN IDEA...DON'T GO ANYMORE!!!

Makes more room for those of us who just enjoy the show!

Date: September 25, 2005 02:03

kahoosier Wrote:
> But Gazza, if they close this board down, I will
> have to spend all my nerd/geek time at your board
> and Stonesdoug's board,

Gazza has a board? What's it called? (excuse my ignorance)

Date: September 25, 2005 02:16

Gazza is one of the guys that presents us all with the board, Rocks Off. Go to connections here at IORR and you will find links to Shidobee (Stonesdoug) and Rocks Off at the top of the page. For me, these are the "big three" of the boards, and each has its own character and regulars. Some of addicts read all three daily, and I admit to poosting on all three smiling smiley !

Date: September 25, 2005 02:53

camper88 Wrote:
> kahoosier Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But Gazza, if they close this board down, I
> will
> > have to spend all my nerd/geek time at your
> board
> > and Stonesdoug's board,
>
> Gazza has a board? What's it called? (excuse my
> ignorance)

link here, camper

[www.novogate.com]

apologies to Bjornulf if it looks like a plug but we're all friends and link to each other's boards anyway..

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 25, 2005 05:01

yes they have the guts to play them, they just dont give a shit

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home