Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: 'Ronnie Wood Set Lists' from Genesis Publications
Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 21, 2019 05:59

I sent an email a few days back. Thanks Again.(Toronto related shows).

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 21, 2019 07:25

Erik_Snow
I'm a-wondering if Ron Wood lost his mind, publishing crap like this for that price. He must think of Rolling Stones fans as idiots, but who knows....maybe he's right. His self-biography was well-worth reading, not as good as Rod Stewart's self-biography, which was a real nice one, but still; Ron Wood's was pretty good, all things considered. But publishing the "setlists-book" for 1000s of pounds, is embarrassing. If the money went to charity; OK. But it's not!

I donĀ“t think this is crap. Hope you can get a chance to enjoy the book, a friend of mine here in Mexico bought a copy of Ready Set Go publication, it comes with a setlist of Los Angeles Reherasals numbered, framed and signed by Ronnie, then the book contains a lot of rare and very good pictures in great measures, its very enjoyable see all those rehearsals setlist he (and sometimes Keith) drawing.

The quality of the product really worth the 675 pounds... maybe if i could get those pounds in my pocket surely i could buy a copy for me...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2019 21:24

Would love a print for the Lucca show.
Jeroen

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: February 27, 2019 03:37

The book is terrific. It is very expensive but it is a beautiful piece and a nice addition for someone who is a big fan of the band and Ronnie specifically. I have the Crossroads print he did of Clapton back in the 80s. I also have another Genesis book. Most of their books sell out quickly and go up in value. I never sell my stuff and I am happy I bought it.

Date: February 27, 2019 20:31

Denny..are you there???
Did you get my email?
Jeroen

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: March 28, 2019 19:41

Just noticed that the setlist that was played on the 7th during the rehearsals in Bondy was the only time they've played WITHOUT Keith Richards.
Ronnie and Mick Taylor were on guitars for the whole day.
Historical, isn't it ?

Feb 14th was the warm-up show at the rehearsals' studio in Bondy where they invited 27 lucky fans

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 28, 2019 21:08

Does seem a bit historical, rockerparis, thanks for posting that.

In the upper left hand corner Ronnie wrote "K.R - London and then OTTO"
Probably obvious, but what would OTTO mean I wonder?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 28, 2019 21:51

Otto is Keith's grandson.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 28, 2019 22:03

thumbs up Thank you kindly.

Date: March 29, 2019 08:39

did anyone yet get his/her pix from the book from Denny??
jeroen

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: March 29, 2019 12:39

Erik_Snow
I'm a-wondering if Ron Wood lost his mind, publishing crap like this for that price. He must think of Rolling Stones fans as idiots, but who knows....maybe he's right. His self-biography was well-worth reading, not as good as Rod Stewart's self-biography, which was a real nice one, but still; Ron Wood's was pretty good, all things considered. But publishing the "setlists-book" for 1000s of pounds, is embarrassing. If the money went to charity; OK. But it's not!

Don't think you're an idiot if you buy it. The only question is, do you think it's worth the money and do you want to spend this amount of money on a book.
I think it's worth it, really beautiful, interesting information and stunning quality just like all other Genesis releases.

I received my Ready Set Go! edition a few weeks ago including an extra framed and signed print. Really beautiful.

The Set In Stone edition (2000GBP) is already sold out and I'm sure the others will sell out soon too AND increase in value.

Anyway, still a lot of money and this also can be spent on:
Talk Is Cheap, Honk, Record Store Day releases, Upcoming Tour...

It's Only Rock 'n Roll!

Hendrik

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home