Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The World On Monday 9th July 2018
Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: March 23, 2018 15:33

As we awake on the day after the end of the No Filter Tour in Warsaw, Poland what will be your thoughts?

Will you quietly acknowledge that the Stones have discretely concluded their career as a live band? Or do you see another jaunt around Europe or the Americas?

Given that 5 years elapsed between their 2013 Hyde Park shows and these 2018 UK dates I find it highly unlikely that they will return quickly to these shores. Ticket sales may have been healthy but they haven't sold out. I can't see the Stones as an active musical unit in 2023.

For me personally I believe that the Stones will do one more series of US dates, perhaps including some sort of homage to their own musical idols. On that basis I predict that the end will come at some point in the first half of 2019.

Re: The World On Monday 9th July 2018
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 15:36

EAST COAST US TOUR!!!

They haven't played NYC in awhile

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 23, 2018 15:47

stickyfingers101
EAST COAST US TOUR!!!

They haven't played NYC in awhile

thumbs up go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:15

After seven months off they might finish the "new album" with a following tour of the biggest NA markets in ca. May till July 2019. At least that wouldn't surprise me. Stadiums only.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:28

I'm thinking about the world between 17 May and 8 July. I'll worry about the rest after that!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2018 16:30

Beast
I'm thinking about the world between 17 May and 8 July. I'll worry about the rest after that!

smileys with beerthumbs up
Jeroen

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:07

Nahhh World Tour sometime late summer 2019, starting in NA, maybe ending that stint around christmas time with 2 or 3 gigs in New York.Then, Australia 2020 early on, february say.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:15

KevinLocksPerm

Will you quietly acknowledge that the Stones have discretely concluded their career as a live band?

From the 2018 Tour-Teaser:

" NO STOPPING! We haven’t finished yet. It’s still too early for me to talk about the Stones’ legacy. There’s one thing that we haven’t yet achieved, and that’s to really find out how long you can do this. It’s still such a joy to play with this band that you can’t really let go of it. Keith Richards" - [www.Facebook.com] , [Twitter.com] .

Date: March 23, 2018 17:23

geordiestone
Nahhh World Tour sometime late summer 2019, starting in NA, maybe ending that stint around christmas time with 2 or 3 gigs in New York.Then, Australia 2020 early on, february say.

So, you think they will break with the formula they have adhered to since November 2012?

Date: March 23, 2018 17:24

Irix
KevinLocksPerm

Will you quietly acknowledge that the Stones have discretely concluded their career as a live band?

From the 2018 Tour-Teaser:

" NO STOPPING! We haven’t finished yet. It’s still too early for me to talk about the Stones’ legacy. There’s one thing that we haven’t yet achieved, and that’s to really find out how long you can do this. It’s still such a joy to play with this band that you can’t really let go of it. Keith Richards" - [www.Facebook.com] , [Twitter.com]

Yes, yes , yes. A witty soundbite. But at some point........

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:31

I have been to 3-4 shows now where I walked out thinking "well, that's it, the last time I will ever see the Stones" only to find them back out on the road playing again with more chances to see them. Such is the case with the UK shows I will be attending this year. We never know and I don't think they do either. THe last show won't be planned, it will just happen and we won't know until after.

Date: March 23, 2018 17:36

JN99
I have been to 3-4 shows now where I walked out thinking "well, that's it, the last time I will ever see the Stones" only to find them back out on the road playing again with more chances to see them. Such is the case with the UK shows I will be attending this year. We never know and I don't think they do either. THe last show won't be planned, it will just happen and we won't know until after.

That was my point. Given the 5 years between UK shows in 2007 to 2012 and then 2013 to 2018 and allowing a similar amount of time for a market to develop again and assuming 2023 as the earliest for UK shows I just don't think it would happen again.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:36

My thoughts are that we've all got lives to live and other interests to pursue when Rolling Stones are not on tour, or at least should have. But while they are, this Summer, I hope to have a blast. I'm only missing 3 shows. 11 shows is more than double what I've done on any previous tour. I look forward to the shows, the associated travel and hanging out with other fans.

Date: March 23, 2018 17:44

grzegorz67
My thoughts are that we've all got lives to live and other interests to pursue when Rolling Stones are not on tour, or at least should have. But while they are, this Summer, I hope to have a blast. I'm only missing 3 shows. 11 shows is more than double what I've done on any previous tour. I look forward to the shows, the associated travel and hanging out with other fans.

Indeed this is the time. Drink it in. Time waits for no one.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2018 18:29

July 9, 2018 will be a normal day. It will rain in Bergen Norway and may be in London UK. Mick will still be in his hotel room in Warsaw Poland while the rest of the band is heading home early morning. The promoters have been working on the next tour since long time ago, and the Stones will have offers on the table for shows in USA, Asia, Australia, Europe, and other places on this planet.

We will all go home and save up for the next tour. We will dream about the best show during the summer of 2018, it probably happend in UK some place, may be Southampton, and we will start discussing with our family about a permit for the next tour.

We will keep the winter of 2018/2019 available for next US madness tour, this time around they will may be do all shows in just one or two cities, and meanwhile Mich will have a bunch of projects so the others in the band will try to get Mick focusing on getting back on the road for 2019.

They will tour until they drop, which will not happen until long after we all drop.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2018 18:49

On July 9. 2018, I predict I will be at the beach either here in SoCal, or possibly back in Hawaii.

bv
July 9, 2018 will be a normal day. It will rain in Bergen Norway and may be in London UK. Mick will still be in his hotel room in Warsaw Poland while the rest of the band is heading home early morning. The promoters have been working on the next tour since long time ago, and the Stones will have offers on the table for shows in USA, Asia, Australia, Europe, and other places on this planet.

We will all go home and save up for the next tour. We will dream about the best show during the summer of 2018, it probably happend in UK some place, may be Southampton, and we will start discussing with our family about a permit for the next tour.

We will keep the winter of 2018/2019 available for next US madness tour, this time around they will may be do all shows in just one or two cities, and meanwhile Mich will have a bunch of projects so the others in the band will try to get Mick focusing on getting back on the road for 2019.

They will tour until they drop, which will not happen until long after we all drop.

Bjornulf

And then I will check in to IORR to read about rumours circulating about a possible US mini - tour.

Threads will be discussing the best (and the worst) show of the tour, and I have a feeling Southampton and Coventry will be towards the top. Dublin as the opener might be at the bottom as the band haven't quite warmed up yet, Keith is as rusty as can be, and I predict it will rain heavily on that night causing a massive field of mud and debris with 80,000 people flailing around aimlessly (just kidding of course)..

Getting back to the mini-tour, if it's only to be two cities, I predict Los Angeles and New York. If it's more than two cities, I'll add San Francisco, Chicago, and Toronto.

In the meantime, the new album thread will be resurrected from near death as many will ponder what the band will be doing in their off-time between tours.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 23, 2018 18:49

More likely..they have 'discreetly concluded their career in the studio'.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2018 18:52

So, a short US tour(????) in winter. i think we can forget about the new album..
Summer tour 2019 already booked.
Well, maybe some more European gigs in 2021???

Doubt it, maybe 3 gigs in Southampton 2021???
grea, i will be there.

One love
jeroen

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 23, 2018 18:52

Prepare to watch Italy win the World Cup.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: March 23, 2018 19:36

Hairball
Dublin as the opener might be at the bottom as the band haven't quite warmed up yet

The opener show should get a longer setlist if they follow what they did in Hamburg, 22 songs.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 20:00

i thought the 02 gig in 2007 was the last and i felt justified in my opinion as the years passed with no new activity planned, then in 2012 they came back, but now i feel they are so much closer to the end, but we will never know until its all over. i do hope they tour again. but maybe only for 3 or 4 years max.

on monday 9th i will wake up and tour the city of warsaw, maybe the uprising museum which is worth a visit, than the praga district, who knows, ill just go where i feel like that day.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 23, 2018 20:23

On July 9th, I'll wake up with a smile on my face thinking.. they did it again!
An epic UK (and beyond) tour and the fans were thrilled! Again.

Then I will head to the regular summer concerts, some planned-some not, while having to intentionally lower my expectations as they will not compare.

Then, start planning (bracing my wife) for the winter "US madness tour".
Even though I live in Seattle and close to Vancouver, where they haven't played since 2006, I will secretly hope for the likely locations (NY/Toronto/LA/Vegas) for the shows, as traveling to see them has become a big part of the fun of the tours!!

Date: March 23, 2018 21:14

The Sicilian

confused smiley

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 23, 2018 21:25

The Sicilian

They failed to even qualify how on earth can they win it !!!!
Italy will be watching on TV like everyone else.

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: March 23, 2018 21:25

Even tho I bet they would love to carry on "forever" having watched that recent interview with Charlie I don't think he would be keen on much more tbh. For someone his age its amazing he is able to do what he does to such a high standard anyway. Sooner rather than later it unfortunately has to come to a halt. As Charlie himself said I hope its done gracefully, with no arguments etc. To be honest I'm dreading the day they announce that they are finished. I reckon we should all gather in Hyde Park for a huge "mourning" session and to celebrate just how great they were smileys with beer

But until then make the best of it people! hot smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 24, 2018 00:12

I think it will probably end - like Zeppelin - with a whimper not a bang. I mean 1 of the 4 principles will be too ill (or even die) and finally this juggernaut will cease to roll when they can't get insurance

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 24, 2018 00:38

The Sicilian

Nah, they will lose the final against the Netherlands. smoking smiley

Date: March 24, 2018 15:55

Koen
The Sicilian

Nah, they will lose the final against the Netherlands. smoking smiley

Good one grinning smiley would that be the shadow World Cup, for Nations that didn’t qualify ? Maybe Scotland can play in it! We haven’t reached a tournament in 20 years and last night we lost at home to Costa Rica so it could be a while before we reach another one.....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2018 18:27

KevinLocksPerm
As we awake on the day after the end of the No Filter Tour in Warsaw, Poland what will be your thoughts?

Will you quietly acknowledge that the Stones have discretely concluded their career as a live band? Or do you see another jaunt around Europe or the Americas?

Given that 5 years elapsed between their 2013 Hyde Park shows and these 2018 UK dates I find it highly unlikely that they will return quickly to these shores. Ticket sales may have been healthy but they haven't sold out. I can't see the Stones as an active musical unit in 2023.

For me personally I believe that the Stones will do one more series of US dates, perhaps including some sort of homage to their own musical idols. On that basis I predict that the end will come at some point in the first half of 2019.

I'd better get back to work and earn the money to pay for those four pit tickets in Twickers, Marseille, Prague ad Warsaw, the Lucky Dips in Berlin, the lower tier seats in Cardiff, and the various flights and hotels and AIRBNB apartments here/there/everywhere ... etc etc !!

grinning smiley

As for the RS continuing, best not to think about it. I can well believe that they don't actually think about it too much, if at all. They just go with the flow, it's probably best that we do much the same. And one of these days, for whatever reason, they'll just pull the plug on it. I just can't imagine that it'll all be terribly pre-planned, I think that when they look at each other after some small run of shows and have one of their customary chinwags about 'what's next' ... the conclusion of the conversation will (one day) simply be ...... 'there ain't a next'. 'We're done' !!

And that - ladies n' gents - will have been that. There went rock n' roll !!

Not a day to look forward to, but it will happen !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 24, 2018 19:07

As much as I think it would have been a tragedy if they had quit after Undercover (which they in a way did. They didn't tour for seven years in the 80s) I'm not that eager for them to continue now.
In fact I wouldn't mind if they stopped any day now. They have toured enough during the years. And their album output has been very meager the last two decades.
There is an end for everything. Even rock and roll revival and clinging on to, supposed, perpetual youth.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home