Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The World On Monday 9th July 2018
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 24, 2018 20:08

I will thank them for being around my whole life

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2018 20:15

DREAMTIME
I will thank them for being around my whole life

I thank them for that even now !! And once it dawns on us all that they really aren't gonna roll any more, I will thank them again !!

What a ride, it's been glorious. They're provided the soundtrack to a life, and a lot of fun into the bargain !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 24, 2018 20:42

Stoneage
As much as I think it would have been a tragedy if they had quit after Undercover (which they in a way did. They didn't tour for seven years in the 80s) I'm not that eager for them to continue now.
In fact I wouldn't mind if they stopped any day now. They have toured enough during the years. And their album output has been very meager the last two decades.
There is an end for everything. Even rock and roll revival and clinging on to, supposed, perpetual youth.

I'm curious as to just how far these four lovely crazy old men can take this thing, but do i actually need for them to keep playing IORR and SFTD ?? No i don't.
I would probably prefer all four of them to do their own thing after this.
I think Keith for instance has more to offer creatively as a solo artist, and perhaps the other three can come up with something better creatively than what the Stones have accomplished in the last 13 years. Ronnie's last solo album was great too, a big surprise to me, it really rocked, and of course Crosseyed Heart was the biggest surprise any Stone has ever given me, especially since Keith was almost 72 years of age at the time of its release.

One thing i would hate though, and that's for the last show these boys ever play to be Warsaw, ( not that i have anything against Poland ) I'd like to think they will have a small surprise London gig lined up to finish with.

So yes if they carry on next year together as a touring band waiting for one of them to become to ill to play that's fine by me, and i will see it as a miracle that they continue, but creatively as a band, this 13 year gap and counting between original recordings is just too much. We need new material guys.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2018 03:50

good cause shout it from the highest mountain .... let ya voice be heard Palace ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2018 03:52

thumbs up

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 25, 2018 09:43

Just enjoy the excitement of the build up,and then the gigs.Why focus on the aftermath?The glass is half full not half empty.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home