Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Books about European tours
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 22, 2005 17:06

We may have covered this subject before. I have just finished Journey Through America. I have also read Stanley Booth's and Chet Flippo's books.

Are there good books out about the 1970 and on European tours? I have seen any except the few passages in David Dalton's book.

Re: Books about European tours
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 22, 2005 17:09

I have one from the 1982 tour called 'the last tour'
yes yes, this quote was already being used for years back then...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2005 17:23

there was a nice book called "Images of the 1989/90 World Tour" (not sure if thats the exact title and cant recall the author..I have it at home) although (as the title suggests) it covered the whole tour. Its a bit similar in style to the one that shedooby refers to, which is (to my knowledge) the only Stones book that specifically deals with a European tour.

The stuff from Dalton's "First 20 Years" from the '73 and '76 tours are basically recycled magazine articles (NME, Melody Maker etc). Great reading, though

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:35

There's a great story about the 1973 European Tour in Nick Kent's book "The Dark Stuff".

Nick Kent is an English journalist who wrote for NME. The book is a collection of several stories he wrote through the years about The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop etc. Published by Penguin in 1994.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:49

"I have also read Stanley Booth's book"

Talking about the 69 tour. If you like Stanley Booth's book check out this magazine:

The Rolling Stones Discover America
(Exclusive Inside Story of Their American Tour)
By Michael Lydon

You have to check Ebay or stuff like that to find it. It's a special collector's edition published by Ramparts Magazine in 1970.

The magazine contains 61 pages with great stories and rare photos from the 69 tour.

It's hard to find, but you'll never know. It's worth it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home