Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 5, 2018 22:05

undertheradar
petewasbristol
Contacted ticket company (as bought in pre sale and had not yet received them) and they said they haven't received them yet and will have to be collected from the ticket office (I need to contact them again three days before gig). A bit rubbish really especially given that I paid for postage. I guess I will have to que up with a lot of other people to collect the tickets. I also don't finish work till 5 so hopefully it's not too much of a mad rush to get form Bristol to Cardiff...

As long as I see the Stones that's all that matters.

..Are you comming by car or train?.. If by car, a friendly warning - It can be slow getting to Cardiff from the bridge on a Friday evening at the best of times, let alone when an event is on.

Thanks, i must try and remember this for next week.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 5, 2018 22:59

petewasbristol
Contacted ticket company (as bought in pre sale and had not yet received them) and they said they haven't received them yet and will have to be collected from the ticket office (I need to contact them again three days before gig). A bit rubbish really especially given that I paid for postage. I guess I will have to que up with a lot of other people to collect the tickets. I also don't finish work till 5 so hopefully it's not too much of a mad rush to get form Bristol to Cardiff...

As long as I see the Stones that's all that matters.

I'm in the same boat. Contacted AXS asking about issuing eTix and they replied quickly but have (twice now) told me the same thing even though I have explained I am coming from the U.S. and fly tomorrow so have no further chance of receiving my tickets in the mail as I won't be here. angry smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 6, 2018 10:31

I didn't receive my hard tix for Cardiff. I have sent too many emails with no response. I'm in NYC. I sent them a final email and told them if I don't have them this week to cancel and refund or I will only accept etickets for the PIT. I had lower tier seating. I contacted the credit card company before 90 days and filed a dispute. I told them they take the joy out of attending a concert while they cheat people with yield management software. Now I will get better seats for less through the public or other distress sales. I should never have pulled the trigger.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 6, 2018 19:13

I've been lucky to receive responses to my emails, even prompt ones but no joy on the Cardiff tix. They gave me a number and said I have to call, that they cannot issue eTix for Cardiff. So I will have to call when in the UK, wasting time sitting on the phone instead of enjoying my vacation. Or I'll show show up at the box office, confirmation in hand and tell them to figure it out.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 8, 2018 03:01

DREAMTIME
I didn't receive my hard tix for Cardiff. I have sent too many emails with no response. I'm in NYC. I sent them a final email and told them if I don't have them this week to cancel and refund or I will only accept etickets for the PIT. I had lower tier seating. I contacted the credit card company before 90 days and filed a dispute. I told them they take the joy out of attending a concert while they cheat people with yield management software. Now I will get better seats for less through the public or other distress sales. I should never have pulled the trigger.

They came today. 2 days after my original departure date. Don't know what I'm going to do, keep them or let them be canceled and buy again?

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: June 8, 2018 13:13

Take copies of the tickets and all your emails to AXS with you to the box office when it opens and argue your case. You can always buy tickets later in the day. AXS have a legal agreement with you to allow you into the concert with or without tickets (that is the contract that you entered in to). You have paid for admittance to that event and the seat that is reserved for you. Do a quick bit of research on UK contract Law and i think you will find that they will be in breach of contract if they don't let you in to the event. (keep copies of everything and even record the conversation at the box office if you can).

from memory (1980) It is not a stipulation of the contract that you have a ticket to enter.

Date: June 8, 2018 13:23

DREAMTIME
DREAMTIME

They came today. 2 days after my original departure date. Don't know what I'm going to do, keep them or let them be canceled and buy again?

Dreamtime....I live in Swansea not far from Cardiff and am going to the concert. Is there any chance that you could get someone to mail the tickets via priority postage. I will gladly meet you with them before the show. If that is an option then let me know and I will give you my address.

Date: June 8, 2018 13:44

carouslambra
DREAMTIME
DREAMTIME

Dreamtime....I live in Swansea not far from Cardiff and am going to the concert. Is there any chance that you could get someone to mail the tickets via priority postage. I will gladly meet you with them before the show. If that is an option then let me know and I will give you my address.

I have emailed my home address to you just in case

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 14:39

could anyone help me with cheap train tickets from London Heathrow to Cardiff? I think that's the only chance for me to get there as there are no direct flights from Germany.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 8, 2018 14:45

hockenheim95
could anyone help me with cheap train tickets from London Heathrow to Cardiff? I think that's the only chance for me to get there as there are no direct flights from Germany.

Get a tube to Paddington. Book a train from Paddington to Cardiff with GWR.co.uk

On return to London book Megabus.com. There’s a service at midnight (which might be fully booked) and another at 4am. Both very slow though.

Date: June 8, 2018 14:48

The GWR train cost about 200 Pounds - that's way too much for me

But thank's for the information!

Date: June 8, 2018 15:18

hockenheim95
The GWR train cost about 200 Pounds - that's way too much for me

But thank's for the information!

No it doesn’t! It’s £45.80 one way from Paddington to Cardiff.

Alternatively, try coaches. Megabus and National Express both run services from Victoria to Cardiff.

But I strongly advise to go from thr airport to London first by Tube. It’s about £3GBP. Don’t book anything directly from Heathrow because it will be very expensive.

Date: June 8, 2018 15:30

National Express coach fro London Victoria currently £11 - £15 one way.
GWR Train £78 return from London Paddington.

Date: June 8, 2018 15:41

If you’re not staying in Cardiff and travelling in on the day from London and on a budget, I’d advise the followIng:

Travel there with National Express (good shout carouslambra) and back with Megabus whose stop is near the stadium and offer services at midnight and 4am.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 8, 2018 15:45

Cardiff Central train station 5 min wslk to stadium.
National Express, Sophia Gardens terminus 15 min walk to Stadium.

Both have ' You can't miss the Principalty Stadium' routes.

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Date: June 8, 2018 15:49

Thank you for your advices. The big problem are the flight times and enough time for travel distances. It will be difficult for me. But thank you anyway smiling smiley

Date: June 8, 2018 16:06

hockenheim95
Thank you for your advices. The big problem are the flight times and enough time for travel distances. It will be difficult for me. But thank you anyway smiling smiley

In that case, get the train from Csrdiff. It takes 2 hours from Paddingtonm costs £45.80 one way and stops 5 minutes from the stadium. Getting back to Heathrow is cheap but slow.

Date: June 8, 2018 17:24

grzegorz67
hockenheim95

In that case, get the train from Csrdiff. It takes 2 hours from Paddingtonm costs £45.80 one way and stops 5 minutes from the stadium. Getting back to Heathrow is cheap but slow.

what is if I miss a train? Can I get the next one?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 8, 2018 21:36

Anyone else still waiting for Cardiff tickets in the post?

Date: June 8, 2018 21:48

Green Lady hopefully yours is in the latest despatch.

The status on this link yesterday for Cardiff and Twickenham said batches are still being sent. I have just checked Today for you and they are now both listed as despatched. Hope this is the case for you.
Click on link
[www.axs.com]

Although I had our tickets last week I just happened on the info last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-08 21:56 by undertheradar.

Date: June 8, 2018 22:14

undertheradar
Green Lady hopefully yours is in the latest despatch.

The status on this link yesterday for Cardiff and Twickenham said batches are still being sent. I have just checked Today for you and they are now both listed as despatched. Hope this is the case for you.
Click on link
[www.axs.com]

Although I had our tickets last week I just happened on the info last night.

Thanks. I didn't buy them until 28th of May as a change of plans meant I could go after all, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'm in the last batch.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 8, 2018 23:51

Green Lady

Yes i'm still waiting for Cardiff and Twickenham tickets from AXS.
They say they have been sent, so getting a bit stressed.

Anyone know the best place for pre show drinks in Cardiff.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 9, 2018 00:26

Green Lady

Yes!

Date: June 9, 2018 03:25

hockenheim95
grzegorz67
hockenheim95

what is if I miss a train? Can I get the next one?

If you pay £45.80 for your original ticket, yes. That’s the turn up and go fare. The trains run every 30 minutes and the journey takes approx 2 hours. The stadium is ridiculously close to Cardiff Central Rail Station and the City Centre.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 9, 2018 04:00

Green Lady

Yes I am still waiting. Really expected them today, like the same time ratio for coventry and Edinburgh.

Date: June 9, 2018 10:57

keithsman

Anyone know the best place for pre show drinks in Cardiff.

Simply put..if you are looking at the Principality Stadium on google maps, you have the River Taff to the left of the stadium and everything to the right is a Bar, pub or restaurant-bar/pub with the odd shop thrown in.smiling bouncing smiley

For those looking for cheap n cheerful there are 3 wetherspoons within 5-10 walk, a Greene king pub and some Brains pubs mainly located on St marys Street or Westgate Street area. For those looking for a little more refined - Mill lane at the end of St mary's Street, again no more than 10 min walk to stadium.

Within 15 walk you have St Davids Centre that has the Nandos, Mille Carter, TGIs and Yo Sushi chains etc...

If you have a little more time to kill why not go down to Cardiff Bay. Plenty of Bars pubs and restaurant to take in.(if walking approx 25mins from stadium).

There is also a cinema & liesure complex right outside gate 7 of the stadium which amongst other places contains a Bierkeller.

In short you won't have to look for a pint...we like a drink in this part of the world!winking smiley

Should also mention that only 10 mins from the Stadium, you may want visit/see Cardiff Castle but don't worry...lots of pubs opposite that too!!

Undertheradar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 11:08 by undertheradar.

Date: June 9, 2018 11:15

If you have time to kill, the interior of Cardiff Castle is amazing. Medieval re-creation done in Victorian times on an unlimited budget for the (then) richest man in the UK.

PS. Tickets arrived this morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-09 11:18 by Green Lady.

Date: June 9, 2018 11:26

Green Lady
If you have time to kill, the interior of Cardiff Castle is amazing. Medieval re-creation done in Victorian times on an unlimited budget for the (then) richest man in the UK.

PS. Tickets arrived this morning.

Yay....glad your tickets arrived......and relax..thumbs up

Hope you don't mind but I will tag onto your qoute for those with a little time to kill.(you kinda of reminded me). Just around the corner from the Amazing Castle is the National Museum Cardiff which is Free Entry...

Undertheradar

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 9, 2018 11:28

Some travel advice followups...

Hockenhaim95 - if speed is the issue, take the 'Railair' service, which is a coach from Heathrow to Reading station, and then train from Reading to Cardiff. Reading is the first station out of Paddington - train will be a bit cheaper, and will save you about 45-60 mins.

Odean - if driving from Brum, take the M50 and then (I think it's the) A449. It's a good route and avoids the bridge. Definitely avoid the bridge betwen 3-5 on friday evenings!

syrel

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: June 9, 2018 12:40

syrel
Definitely avoid the bridge betwen 3-5 on friday evenings!
syrel

Thanks for posting this Syrel. Staying over at the Travelodge at the bridge. Will make my way into Cardiff early morning and spend the day in the city.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home