Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Cardiff Wales UK travel and show info
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 12, 2018 12:59

they really seem to have problems in selling the tickets – tickets for all categories are still available, even Lucky Dips

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 13:04

so I just booked my journey.

Friday 7.50 Düsseldorf - Birmingham (flight)

Friday 10.05 Birmingham - Cardiff (train)

Saturday 15.00 Cardiff - Düsseldorf (flight)

Now all I need is a bit more luck with my LD tickets smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 13:13

Very good news for anyone travelling in from the West of England - Bristol Parkway & Swindon. After the new timetable changes, there's now a train back East along the Great Western Mainline at 23.24, which you'll be able to catch easily. Based in a village near Swindon, I might even catch it myself. I'm already booked on the treacle slow Midnight Megabus.

[www.thetrainline.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 13:28 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 12, 2018 13:21

slewan
they really seem to have problems in selling the tickets – tickets for all categories are still available, even Lucky Dips

Yeah..doesn't help when people have the perception all tickets are expensive..such as my co - workers who are only looking at ticket master etc ..infact Wales Online ran an article today stating the cheapest tickets are £101 through to £450 via ticket master [www.walesonline.co.uk]

No mention you can pick them up from £60 through AXS ..(not inclucky dips). I can vouch for four pairs of tickets bought this week alone by my colleagues when I pointed this out.

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Date: June 12, 2018 13:34

hockenheim95

not too cheap…? how much did you pay for the journey?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 13:35 by slewan.

Date: June 12, 2018 13:39

so one more question for all English people. We want to take the train from Birmingham International (via Birmingham New Street) to Cardiff this friday. At [www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk] there is a cheap train at 9.05 am for 59 Pounds for two tickets. But as our plane lands at 8.30 I am not shure whether we will catch the train. If not, is there a chance to upgrade the ticket to a standard tarif anytime ticket (115 pounds for both) or do we have to buy an entirely new ticket? In this case I think we should buy the tickets for 115 in advance...

Date: June 12, 2018 13:40

slewan
hockenheim95

The flights are 130€ with Flybe and the train - see my post above smiling smiley

Date: June 12, 2018 13:48

hockenheim95
so one more question for all English people. We want to take the train from Birmingham International (via Birmingham New Street) to Cardiff this friday. At [www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk] there is a cheap train at 9.05 am for 59 Pounds for two tickets. But as our plane lands at 8.30 I am not shure whether we will catch the train. If not, is there a chance to upgrade the ticket to a standard tarif anytime ticket (115 pounds for both) or do we have to buy an entirely new ticket? In this case I think we should buy the tickets for 115 in advance...

You will struggle to catch that train and yes, you would have to buy a new full price ticket if you miss it. Try booking a later train from New Street (not International) to Cardiff which gives you more time. There are lots of trains from International to New Street and you can turn up and pay £3 to £4 one way on the day. For some reason, advance trains booked from New Street tend to be much cheaper than International. No idea why. The UK Train booking system is illogical and designed to rip off the naive.

Question answered by a Scottish person winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 13:56 by grzegorz67.

Date: June 12, 2018 13:54

grzegorz67
hockenheim95

You will struggle to catch that train and yes, you would have to buy a new full price ticket if you miss it. Try booking a later train from New Street (not International) to Cardiff which gives you more time. There are lots of trains from International to New Street and you can turn up and pay £3 to £4 one way on the day.

wouldn't it be better to buy an anytime single ticket? then I have totally freedom which train I take and it is not much more expensive than the train at 10.30! there's a cheap train at 12.30 but I don't want to wait for three hours...

Date: June 12, 2018 13:55

hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

The flights are 130€ with Flybe and the train - see my post above smiling smiley

a rough calculation says 350 Euros (ticket, trains to/from the airport, flights, accomodation) for just one more show… (and the weather forecast for Cardiff isn't great either)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 13:56 by slewan.

Date: June 12, 2018 13:56

slewan
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

a rough calculation says 350 Euros (ticket, trains to/from the airport, flights, accomodation) for just one more show…

that's not even half the price of a German pit ticket ;-)

Date: June 12, 2018 13:57

hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

a rough calculation says 350 Euros (ticket, trains to/from the airport, flights, accomodation) for just one more show…

right, but my pit tickets never cost more than 70 Euros…

Date: June 12, 2018 13:59

slewan
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

right, but my pit tickets never cost more than 70 Euros…

the chances in Cardiff are not that high as LD tickets are longer for sale than for any other show. Tickets an all categories still available....

Date: June 12, 2018 14:00

hockenheim95
grzegorz67
hockenheim95

You will struggle to catch that train and yes, you would have to buy a new full price ticket if you miss it. Try booking a later train from New Street (not International) to Cardiff which gives you more time. There are lots of trains from International to New Street and you can turn up and pay £3 to £4 one way on the day.

wouldn't it be better to buy an anytime single ticket? then I have totally freedom which train I take and it is not much more expensive than the train at 10.30! there's a cheap train at 12.30 but I don't want to wait for three hours...

If any anytime single isn't much more, then do that. A cheap train at 12.30 will easily get you to Cardiff in time. Just have a nice big breakfast in Birmingham while you're waiting smiling smiley

When I return from Warsaw to Birmingham, I'll have 3 hours between my plane landing and the train home (from Birmingham Moore Street)

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 12, 2018 14:33

I’m starting to get very excited again!

I’m staying at the Campanile hotel in Cardiff. Can any local IORR’ers give me advice of the best way to get into the city centre from there? Taxi or maybe public transport?

If anyone needs advice about Birmingham as a few seem to be travelling through my home town please do let me know.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 14:41

grzegorz67
hockenheim95
grzegorz67
hockenheim95

If any anytime single isn't much more, then do that. A cheap train at 12.30 will easily get you to Cardiff in time. Just have a nice big breakfast in Birmingham while you're waiting smiling smiley

When I return from Warsaw to Birmingham, I'll have 3 hours between my plane landing and the train home (from Birmingham Moore Street)

Have a walk round grand central station, plenty of shops, bars & restaurants. The tapas revolution is good.

Then you have the Bull Ring shopping centre for more shops etc or try Birmingham art gallery, if you want a cheap decent breakfast try one of the wetherspoons pubs.
The time will soon go.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 12, 2018 14:41

slewan
(and the weather forecast for Cardiff isn't great either)

The stadium has a roof.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 12, 2018 14:48

Artwork for Friday already release;

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Date: June 12, 2018 14:54

nobodyimportant
slewan

The stadium has a roof.

It does indeed. It was closed for the ABB show in 2006.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: June 12, 2018 15:07

grzegorz67
nobodyimportant
slewan

The stadium has a roof.

With sales seeming to be slower for this show, it's a shame that they didn't do the same as the Springsteen show in 2013 which only used half the stadium. With the roof on and the the back curtain, it was closer to an arena gig.

Date: June 12, 2018 15:08

Rollin92

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

For some reason i quite like this one.

Date: June 12, 2018 15:13

nobodyimportant
grzegorz67
nobodyimportant
slewan

The stadium has a roof.

With sales seeming to be slower for this show, it's a shame that they didn't do the same as the Springsteen show in 2013 which only used half the stadium. With the roof on and the the back curtain, it was closer to an arena gig.

They did the same for an REM show in about 2005. Depending on how slow sales are, maybe they still will!

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: June 12, 2018 15:24

nobodyimportant
slewan

The stadium has a roof.

It always rains in Cardiff!

Date: June 12, 2018 15:51

odean73
Rollin92

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

it doesn't load on my laptop

Date: June 12, 2018 15:55

slewan
odean73
Rollin92

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

I think this was shown some time last week, wasn't sure if it was official or not.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 12, 2018 16:57

mattstones
nobodyimportant
slewan

The stadium has a roof.

It always rains in Cardiff!

Ahhhh but in Maesteg, the sun, it always shines..........(sorry, local joke........cool smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 12, 2018 17:52

odean73
slewan
odean73
Rollin92

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

I think this was shown some time last week, wasn't sure if it was official or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-12 18:20 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 12, 2018 18:46

I don’t like it. The tongue doesn’t fit with the general theme. Some of the other tour lithos have been great, particularly Southampton & Edinburgh. This one doesn’t reflect well in comparison. I love the early 70’s Cardiff Castle lithograph and would prefer a modern take on that using the Principality rather than the castle.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 12, 2018 19:00

I like it...
May look better on litho than a shirt, have to wait and see in person.
Also not sure, but looks like the hotel I’m staying at may be in it cool smiley

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: June 12, 2018 19:17

It is based on this type of photo shot of Cardiff Bay witb the Tongue inserted between the builings.

[www.google.co.uk]:

Undertheradar
Disclaimer: I was drunk when I wrote this ;-)

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home