Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21
Re: Edinburgh Scotland UK travel and show info
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 13:11

CaledonianGonzo
I'm not seeing the Lucky Dip option in Ticketmaster...

It’s on AXS. Go to the Stones’ main page and follow the links.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: March 2, 2018 19:17

my wonderful wife got General Admission pitch. She ended up getting some VIP Package, so we get a laminated picture or something. Apparently we get admission to the GA Pitch area before the riff Raff!! Oh, Im just "Happy" to be going. I haven't asked what she paid, but she's a keeper!

Date: March 2, 2018 19:38

I'm in for Edinburgh and very excited to go to Scotland for the very first time! I hope to meet up with some of you and party there! Any tips for travelers who have no clue about the city?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 20:10

BitchKeepsBitchin
I'm in for Edinburgh and very excited to go to Scotland for the very first time! I hope to meet up with some of you and party there! Any tips for travelers who have no clue about the city?

Same here.

Embarrassingily my first visit to scotland.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: March 2, 2018 20:31

It's pretty difficult to go wrong, really. Just don't go drinking on George Street, Rose Street or the Royal Mile.

Date: March 2, 2018 20:42

CaledonianGonzo
It's pretty difficult to go wrong, really. Just don't go drinking on George Street, Rose Street or the Royal Mile.

Where you will be ripped off horribly.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:01

Official Ticket prices - [www.AXS.com]

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:10

grzegorz67

Where you will be ripped off horribly.

I dunno if it's even about getting ripped off....its just that the vibe is wack. There are plenty of great pubs in Edinburgh that still aren't cheap.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:20

The 'Grassmarket' area [behind the Castle and The Royal Mile] is also very lively with lots of bars and always a good atmosphere, very popular for Stag and Hen parties when visiting Edinburgh. Also free live music every night at 'Whistle Binkies' just off the Royal Mile. Another place to look out for live music is The Voodoo Rooms'a beautiful old pub with a small concert room, obviously depending who will be playing - I saw The Godfathers there about two weeks ago for £10. This is just behind Princes Street at the East End of Edinburgh.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 2, 2018 21:51

Does anyone know how the rows go for the sections at Murrayfield? I think there are single and double letters but not sure which come first.

Date: March 2, 2018 22:48

JN99
Does anyone know how the rows go for the sections at Murrayfield? I think there are single and double letters but not sure which come first.

Normally at the football Stadiums row A is lowest [pitch level ] - going back upwards to row Z then AA would follow, and so on but as this is a Rugby Stadium I can't be too sure.

Date: March 2, 2018 23:18

Tonstone
JN99

Normally at the football Stadiums row A is lowest [pitch level ] - going back upwards to row Z then AA would follow, and so on but as this is a Rugby Stadium I can't be too sure.

Tonstone, I can help out here. As you may recall my football club had to squat at Murrayfield for thr 1st 3 months of the season while our new stand was built. I travelled up for one of those matches, oddly enough straight after attending the 3 Stones shows in Paris.

Murrayfield is split into numbered sections, 1-44. The lower tier is all odd numbers and the upper tier even nunbers. rows have letters A,B,C as you go from the pitch backwards. However, please note that when you get to the upper tier, the letters go back to A and start again.

When you get your ticket, an odd numbered section means ‘good’ - you’re in the lower tier.

I’ll be there as I cannot miss a Stones Show in my own national Capital. In fact, I’m lucky dipping every gig of the UK tour grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-02 23:20 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: ag ()
Date: March 3, 2018 18:52

Hi
Is the golden circle standing or seating?

Thanks

Date: March 3, 2018 18:56

ag
Hi

Thanks

The whole floor for all UK Shows is sranding. Golden Circle floor seating is in Berlin and Stuttgart only amd nowhere else.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 3, 2018 19:00

ag

[www.Ticketmaster.co.uk] says: 'Gold Circle Standing' - (switch to: 'Best Seats').

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 6, 2018 19:30

Any tips, tricks, advice for booking a train from Edinburgh to London? Seems pretty straightforward and should be reasonable-ish on Virgin. Just wondering if there's any secret to getting the best fares.

Aso, any recommendations on things to do/see, places to go in the city? And any suggested side trips/stopovers for a night or two on the way back to London? Have been all around the UK but have not been in quite some time now (12 years) and only once to Edinburgh way back in 1988(!). Though I did pass through in route to St. Andrews back around 1999-2000 or so smiling smiley

Date: March 6, 2018 21:24

Hi JN99 Best tip I can give you stay In Edinburgh as long as you can. It's the most beautiful city in Northern Europe. Only way to get best fares is to book 3 months in advance. Edinburgh The Athens Of The North.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 6, 2018 21:44

JN99
Any tips, tricks, advice for booking a train from Edinburgh to London? Seems pretty straightforward and should be reasonable-ish on Virgin. Just wondering if there's any secret to getting the best fares.

Aso, any recommendations on things to do/see, places to go in the city? And any suggested side trips/stopovers for a night or two on the way back to London? Have been all around the UK but have not been in quite some time now (12 years) and only once to Edinburgh way back in 1988(!). Though I did pass through in route to St. Andrews back around 1999-2000 or so smiling smiley
The "best fare finder" option on Virgin doesn't have the lowest fares yet for June, but similar departures on a Sunday booked earlier has direct for £45. And because it's a weekend, it looks like a first class upgrade may be available for £10. I'm booking as soon as available..

Date: March 6, 2018 21:55

MisterDDDD
JN99

The "best fare finder" option on Virgin doesn't have the lowest fares yet for June, but similar departures on a Sunday booked earlier has direct for £45. And because it's a weekend, it looks like a first class upgrade may be available for £10. I'm booking as soon as available..
Smart move.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 6, 2018 22:00

Saw a posting somewhere about a band that plays reg club gigs in London and UK-
The Dirty Strangers (apparently w ties to Ronnie/Keith) that will also be playing an Edinburgh gig the night before.

the Dirty Strangers
Fri 8 PM UTC+01 ·
Bannermans Bar
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
[www.facebook.com]

Checked out videos and snagged a ticket.. looks like a good time!

Date: March 6, 2018 22:10

MisterDDDD
The Dirty Strangers (apparently w ties to Ronnie/Keith) that will also be playing an Edinburgh gig the night before.

the Dirty Strangers
Fri 8 PM UTC+01 ·
Bannermans Bar
[www.facebook.com]

Great Find Mr DDDD- Keith and Ronnie known to Join them on Stage - Could be a great night Friday prior to the Main Event - Also look out for movement on The Voodoo Rooms -Whistle Binkies - Edinburgh Is Coming Alive !!!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 7, 2018 00:15

Edinburgh will be the second Stones gig of my - 9 years- son. He can't wait...
Anyway, our seats are at West 8 FF. First time in my life I will attend a Stones concert from such a remote position, so many meters away from the stage. So, I would like to ask IORRIans who know the stadium: Folks, what do you believe about the sound (mainly) and the view from the particular positions? I repeat, West 8 FF.

Thanks!

Date: March 7, 2018 05:01

MisterDDDD

the Dirty Strangers
Fri 8 PM UTC+01 ·
Bannermans Bar
[www.facebook.com]

Thanks, I just got a ticket for this. Should be a good night.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:15

I am staying at the Guards hotel have to see if thats nearby.i will arrive around 2200 o clock in Edinburgh from amsterdam.
Jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:16

Advance purchase train fares to Edinburgh are now available.

I found that Trainline has more options and at slightly cheaper prices too than the Virgin Trains website.

Date: March 7, 2018 12:31

corriecas
I am staying at the Guards hotel have to see if thats nearby.i will arrive around 2200 o clock in Edinburgh from amsterdam.
Jeroen

Edinburgh City Centre is very compact and you can walk everywhere in half an hour or less. Princes Street to Murrayfield will take about 25 minutes. Or you can jump on a tram. There's a stop right next to the stadium.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:36

Beast

I found that Trainline has more options and at slightly cheaper prices too than the Virgin Trains website.

I thought it would be sunday for advanced fares, but i did take a look last night and found fares were coming up for june.

Anybody tried the split ticket scenario for train tickets?

Date: March 7, 2018 12:39

odean73
Beast

I thought it would be sunday for advanced fares, but i did take a look last night and found fares were coming up for june.

Anybody tried the split ticket scenario for train tickets?

You can get one way from Coventry or Brum to Edinburgh for £17.50 on some services. No need to split tickets. I've travelled that route a few times as I'm a Hearts fan and live near Swindon.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 7, 2018 12:44

You can set an alert on Trainline to get an email of when advance fares become available for the dates you want. So I got one this morning for trains on 8 June. I suppose advance fares for 9 June might show up tomorrow?

Date: March 7, 2018 12:48

Beast
You can set an alert on Trainline to get an email of when advance fares become available for the dates you want. So I got one this morning for trains on 8 June. I suppose advance fares for 9 June might show up tomorrow?

Good tip Beast. Many thanks. I'm in 2 minds whether to drive or train up. I'm originally from out West (Hamilton, near Glasgow. Will travel in from there on showday) and Virgin do some great deals in early booking. I'm doing the whole UK & Ireland Tour plus Prague and Warsaw so my annual leave allowance is taking a big and early hit!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home