Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 24
Re: London England UK travel and show info
Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 28, 2018 19:15

glen
justeillusion
Hello London
Le plus simple pour parcourir aéroport LUTON Twickenham et aéroport Gatwick Twickenham.
Merci!

Bonjour smiling smiley That's the extent of my French I'm afraid but in answer to your question.

Both Luton and Gatwick are about a 30 minute Train journey from Central London (Luton to Kings Cross) and Gatwick to Victoria (using Gatwick Express).

Heathrow is less than 10 miles from Twickenham so obviously the closest.

So all three are no problem really, depends on where you are going to stay whilst you are over.
Merci! je serai à HOUSLOW.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:16

Does anyone know how tomorrow's Ticketmaster presale will work?

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:59

I have downloaded their App - no idea if it will help...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:59

GAFF

Date: February 28, 2018 21:17

Topi
GAFF

AEG owns AXS so this would be no different from the general onsale Friday if there's no code required. I just got an email from AEG announcing a presale tomorrow but they include no code or other specific details. Guess we will all just have to log in to see what happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 21:22 by GAFF.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:18

I'm still here. Still haven't got any tickets. I would like to get 5 seats for Twickenham.

I looked on the AXS presale, for 129 pounds tix (my upper limit really), in the middle or lower tier, as close/optimal view as possible, but everything seemed to be at the back at the place. Several attempts bring up similar not very enticing possibilities.

What's my game plan? I know there is a whole marketing and sales psychology against me in buying a rock ticket these days, but do these agents just drip release blocks of seats over the weeks? Do prices go up? Do they ever fall?

I haven't bought tickets for a big rock show in England for many years, and would appreciate you all's wisdom

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:28

peoplewitheyes
I'm still here. Still haven't got any tickets. I would like to get 5 seats for Twickenham.

I looked on the AXS presale, for 129 pounds tix (my upper limit really), in the middle or lower tier, as close/optimal view as possible, but everything seemed to be at the back at the place. Several attempts bring up similar not very enticing possibilities.

What's my game plan? I know there is a whole marketing and sales psychology against me in buying a rock ticket these days, but do these agents just drip release blocks of seats over the weeks? Do prices go up? Do they ever fall?

I haven't bought tickets for a big rock show in England for many years, and would appreciate you all's wisdom

I experienced a drop in price for the first time back in 2013 for an indoor Stones show in Anaheim. Tickets were (about as I recall) $650, 500, 275 & 175. Within a week or 2 of the show, I picked up a ticket (thru the AEG site) for $175 that was originally $650. I think the strategy is to get the tickets sold no matter what.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:53

They certainly wont go up. I think youve more chance of a price drop for the non-London shows although I wouldnt bet on it happening. There'll certainly be ticket drops

Have you considered GA tickets? £89 plus charges

Date: March 1, 2018 00:56

Thanks, Gazza - I personally loved being GA in Mexico City a couple of years ago - it was a frenzy,

But this time my youngish children (5 and 8 y o) want to go, so it has to be seats!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 1, 2018 00:57

Totally understandable, yes. And obviously you'll want at least 3 seats together.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 1, 2018 01:04

BluzDude
peoplewitheyes

I experienced a drop in price for the first time back in 2013 for an indoor Stones show in Anaheim. Tickets were (about as I recall) $650, 500, 275 & 175. Within a week or 2 of the show, I picked up a ticket (thru the AEG site) for $175 that was originally $650. I think the strategy is to get the tickets sold no matter what.

That also happened to me at Staples show 2 or 3 same tour.
My sister (and bro-in-law) bought a pair at apprx. $450+ each that were nearly side stage view mid/lower loge bought right when they went on sale. Prices eventually dropped for that section and all surrounding sections, and that's when I swooped in and bought a ticket for much less and was a section back from the stage with a much better perspective. I didn't have the heart to tell her she basically got swindled, but I did encourage her to talk to some of the ushers about the "obstructed" view. Ending on a somewhat positive note, the ushers found her seats a section back from the stage right near where I was with my heavily discounted ticket. Although it's easy to get swept up with the presale and general sales frenzy, sometimes it pays to be patient and sit it out waiting for some price drops (whether official or stubhub as I did for the last *Vegas show).

Another time at a Rogers Waters concert - paid face value apprx. $200 for 2nd row center the day before the show - can only assume it was an unsold expensive VIP ticket. There's bound to be some unsold VIP packages at some of these upcoming Stones shows...those prices are outrageous! If so, it will help out the Lucky Dip buyers and/or Pit tickets will reappear standard PIT prices which I think happened during the first leg of No Filter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 01:07 by Hairball.

Date: March 1, 2018 01:17

Hairball
BluzDude
peoplewitheyes

My sister (and bro-in-law) bought a pair at apprx. $450+ each that were nearly side stage view mid/lower loge bought right when they went on sale. Prices eventually dropped for that section and all surrounding sections, and that's when I swooped in and bought a ticket for much less and was a section back from the stage with a much better perspective. I didn't have the heart to tell her she basically got swindled, but I did encourage her to talk to some of the ushers about the "obstructed" view. Ending on a somewhat positive note, the ushers found her seats a section back from the stage right near where I was with my heavily discounted ticket. Although it's easy to get swept up with the presale and general sales frenzy, sometimes it pays to be patient and sit it out waiting for some price drops (whether official or stubhub as I did for the last *Vegas show).

Another time at a Rogers Waters concert - paid face value apprx. $200 for 2nd row center the day before the show - can only assume it was an unsold expensive VIP ticket. There's bound to be some unsold VIP packages at some of these upcoming Stones shows...those prices are outrageous! If so, it will help out the Lucky Dip buyers and/or Pit tickets will reappear standard PIT prices which I think happened during the first leg of No Filter.

Staples 3! HAHA! You kill me!

Date: March 1, 2018 01:26

@GAFF - Haha oops - must have been Staples 2!

Went to several shows that tour: Vegas, Staples 2, and both at Anaheim - all within nine days...it's all a blur! winking smiley
Staples 2 was extraordinary and best of the bunch though. thumbs up

Date: March 1, 2018 01:32

Hairball

Went to several shows that tour: Vegas, Staples 2, and both at Anaheim - all within nine days...it's all a blur! winking smiley

CYHMK with Taylor was worth the price of admission alone, for me.

Date: March 1, 2018 01:42

BluzDude
Hairball

Yes, as well as Sway. I think it was the one show that Mick Taylor was featured on four tunes (Sway, CYHMK, Rambler, and Satisfaction) and with no other "special" guests infiltrating the stage.
They also played Faraway Eyes!

PS- If there had been a Staples 3, no doubt I would have been there!!! smiling smiley

Date: March 1, 2018 01:45

Hairball
BluzDude
Hairball

Yes, as well as Sway. I think it was the one show that Mick Taylor was featured on four tunes (Sway, CYHMK, Rambler, and Satisfaction) and with no other "special" guests infiltrating the stage.
They also played Faraway Eyes!

PS- If there had been a Staples 3, no doubt I would have been there!!! smiling smiley

That's right! I guess for that show, the Stones were like a box of chocolates...

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: March 1, 2018 04:58

Hairball
BluzDude
peoplewitheyes

My experience has been similar. Stones shows are different, a few examples:

[*] During the A Bigger Bang Tour, I landed a pair of tickets four days before the show, for one of the on-stage "boxes" for less than half the original price

[*] On the 2013 tour I picked up a seat in the first section off the floor near the stage for $250 again I waited until a few days before the show and bought from TM. The lady next to me had bought during the presale and paid $650. She actually punched me when I told her what I'd paid!

[*] On the zip code tour I decided to take my kids and broke my cardinal rule and bought early. However two weeks later the venue/TM released entire sections closer to the stage for the same price I'd paid. I called up TM and they swapped my original tickets for the newly opened (better located) section.

The promoters don't sell the best tickets first, they're in the business of filling the venue. They don't care where you sit they just want to maximize the gross take.

Date: March 1, 2018 05:47

ElGeordie
On the 2013 tour I picked up a seat in the first section off the floor near the stage for $250 again I waited until a few days before the show and bought from TM. The lady next to me had bought during the presale and paid $650. She actually punched me when I told her what I'd paid!

Hahaha...thats why I didn't dare tell my sister she got swindled by buying early- she's older than me and doesn't take kindly to being outdone by her little brother! eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 1, 2018 11:15

AXS Presale works a lot better than TM.

Can snag Golden Circles no problem

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 1, 2018 11:38

I just bought 2 Pit B for Twickenham on the ticketmaster UK website - no problem, using their main website and going through the links. However, I think I clicked on Platinum, once I got to the Twickenham page. The price per Pit ticket was 540 BPs. With handling and shipment to the US the total for two tickets was 1093.50 BP. That's a lot, but cheap compared to the VIP packages.

EDIT: I checked again 20 minutes later and the TM Platinum Pit tickets for Twickenham are now listed at 570 BP each. So that price is changing - and for now going up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 11:47 by IGTBA.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:03

Still pit tix available on the TM site.
Price is going up.
Started at £540 then £640 , £690 and now £740.

Date: March 1, 2018 12:16

Thanks for the input, people. I think for the moment I will hold off on buying, and keep an eye on this thread to see if there are any newly released lower/middle tier tickets.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:21

Extra London date now live. Pit tickets here:

[tickets.axs.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:51

ElGeordie
Hairball
BluzDude
peoplewitheyes

My experience has been similar. Stones shows are different, a few examples:

[*] During the A Bigger Bang Tour, I landed a pair of tickets four days before the show, for one of the on-stage "boxes" for less than half the original price

[*] On the 2013 tour I picked up a seat in the first section off the floor near the stage for $250 again I waited until a few days before the show and bought from TM. The lady next to me had bought during the presale and paid $650. She actually punched me when I told her what I'd paid!

[*] On the zip code tour I decided to take my kids and broke my cardinal rule and bought early. However two weeks later the venue/TM released entire sections closer to the stage for the same price I'd paid. I called up TM and they swapped my original tickets for the newly opened (better located) section.

The promoters don't sell the best tickets first, they're in the business of filling the venue. They don't care where you sit they just want to maximize the gross take.

For the second of the two 02 Shows in November 2012 I didn't have a ticket until 5pm on the day of the show. All day I kept trying TM and then at 5pm I got through to the Block B Arena section and landed a ticket in the middle of the front row. I was shaking with fear all the way driving into London praying it was true and that I wouldn't have an accident. It was true and what an experience.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: March 1, 2018 12:54

May 25 just added for London

Date: March 1, 2018 13:01

is this for Twickenham or London Stadium? And is it for real? And when do those tickets go on sale?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:02

peoplewitheyes

is this for Twickenham or London Stadium? And is it for real? And when do those tickets go on sale?

London Stadium, 25-May-2018

News: [www.RollingStones.com]

Tickets: [www.RollingStones.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:07

Well, on AXS I had a pit ticket for 25th London Stadium in the basket, with credit card details, at least 15 times and every time after a longish pause, it went back to Find Tickets. Now they are sold out.sad smiley

I surmise it was because the ticket went to someone ahead in the queue every time.

Anyone else have this experience?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-01 13:10 by Beast.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:20

Twickenham Stadium - Tue, 19-Jun-2018 :

[www.Ticketmaster.co.uk] -- [Platinum.Ticketmaster.co.uk]

All Platinum-Ticket prices (at the time as posted here):

£670 - No Filter Pit A/B Standing
£670 - South Stand
£290~£670 - North Stand
£265~£670 - East Stand
£265~£670 - West Stand
£400 - Gold Circle Standing