Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ealing Club - Ben Waters 18 June
Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: May 2, 2018 22:18

EALING ECLECTIC MUSICSPACE PRESENTS BEN WATERS + SPECIAL GUESTS
Robert Hokum and The Great West Groove
LONDON : The Ealing Club @ The Red Room
MON 18TH JUN, 2018 8:00pm

Ben Waters is recognised as one of the UK’s supreme boogie piano players and has worked with The Rolling Stones, Ray Davies, Chuck Berry, Jools Holland, Jerry Lee Lewis, Shakin’ Stevens, Screaming Lord Sutch, PJ Harvey, Amy Macdonald, Bobby Womack, Mick Hucknall, Charlie Watts, The Ronnie Wood Band, Paul Weller, Dave Gilmour,, Dave Stewart, The Teenagers, Nine Below Zero….and the list keeps growing!

Another chance of special guests!!
[www.wegottickets.com]

Re: Ealing Club - Ben Waters 18 June
Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: May 5, 2018 04:23

Other great night in EALING CLUB.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-05 04:25 by Sandy Beach.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 15, 2018 12:06

+ SPECIAL GUESTS

would be great to have the whole Rolling Stones and Bill Wyman as special guests (the day before the Twickenham gig) on "Watching The Rovier Flow" smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-15 13:17 by 1962.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 15, 2018 23:06

Just marketing to lure in Stones fans...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 16, 2018 00:05

+ SPECIAL GUESTS

would be great to have the whole Rolling Stones and Bill Wyman as special guests (the day before the Twickenham gig) on "Watching The Rovier Flow" smiling smiley

my first impression when I was at the Ealing club to see Chris Jagger was that this club is a nightmare for security (no backstage area, no nothing – to get on the 'stage' (which isn't really a stage but just a kind of corner) you have to pass through the audience). I'm petty sure no member of the Stones will show up at such a place

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: June 16, 2018 10:25

slewan
+ SPECIAL GUESTS

my first impression when I was at the Ealing club to see Chris Jagger was that this club is a nightmare for security (no backstage area, no nothing – to get on the 'stage' (which isn't really a stage but just a kind of corner) you have to pass through the audience). I'm petty sure no member of the Stones will show up at such a place
I'm sure you're right.It's highly unlikely that any of the Stones will be there but maybe 1 of the backing musicians in view if the cancellation of the Tim Ries gig. The venue is interesting and Ben is a great performer. He is a very kind guy - every musician is a guest and if they are friends of his, then they are very special guests! It is a great shame that the venue will disppear completely with the extension to crossrail. By the way, I am just a fan of Ben Waters and not a promoter.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 16, 2018 15:50

monkeymantoo
slewan
+ SPECIAL GUESTS

I'm sure you're right.It's highly unlikely that any of the Stones will be there but maybe 1 of the backing musicians in view if the cancellation of the Tim Ries gig. The venue is interesting and Ben is a great performer. He is a very kind guy - every musician is a guest and if they are friends of his, then they are very special guests! It is a great shame that the venue will disppear completely with the extension to crossrail. By the way, I am just a fan of Ben Waters and not a promoter.

NO! That is sad news indeed. So glad to have had the chance to go there.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 17, 2018 01:46

SomeTorontoGirl
monkeymantoo
slewan
+ SPECIAL GUESTS

NO! That is sad news indeed. So glad to have had the chance to go there.

Some years ago there were some renovations (revamp?) building works done there. The work uncovered the original 1960's signage for the blues sessions there... yes, *those* sessions.

A passer bye spotted it and reckoned that it was too special to be consigned to a skip, so took it.

He/she then went to the trouble of tracking down Bill's address and gave it to him.

So, something rather special was saved.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 17, 2018 23:20

I saw Ben’s show in May at the Ealing club and I highly recommend it. Ben delivers a great show and the historic club is not to be missed! The club
is just across the street from the tube station so it’s very easy to get
there and back safely.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 18, 2018 15:59

swimtothemoon
I saw Ben’s show in May at the Ealing club and I highly recommend it. Ben delivers a great show and the historic club is not to be missed! The club
there and back safely.

but it's not so esay to find

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 19, 2018 00:51

slewan
swimtothemoon
there and back safely.

but it's not so esay to find

As I remember, as you walk out of the tube, you cross the
street and it's just a few doors down. However, you do
need to know it's in a alleyway and down the steps!

Date: June 19, 2018 02:23

They did a very good show tonight. The place was full of Los Rolingas from Argentina, who are...um...exuberant! Had a nice chat with the fellow who runs the 40 x 5 Stones tribute bar in Argentina (seen in Ole Ole Ole) and with Ali McKenzie, who showed up to watch. The band were very good sports, playing lots of Stones by request, including songs for which they recruited singers from the audience as they didn’t know all the lyrics.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 19, 2018 02:28

So you met Juan Ignacio...

Date: June 19, 2018 10:38

Quique-stone
So you met Juan Ignacio...

I did, and his wife. Very nice people, wicked Stones fans! It was a pleasure!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home