Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 20, 2018 19:12

CallM
BluzDude
Arriving the morning of the 16th....The plan is to do the Guinness tour then the Jameson tour (or maybe the other way around). Jet lag never seems to affect me until I arrive back home.

If I can make one suggestion...the Jameson tour is only a museum not an actually functioning distillery. You still get the samples at the end but there’s a place called Teelings, which is the only distillery operating in Dublin city so a little more authentic than the Jameson tour.

And the whiskey is pretty good too!

Thanks for the tip!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2018 20:50

The Rolling Stones put themselves on drinking ban until after Croke Park gig in Dublin

"And in preparation for the big night, members of the band won't be touching a drop of alcohol and there'll be no boozy backstage bar.

Dale Skjerseth, production director for the band’s tour said: "There will be no booze before the gig as this is what The Rolling Stones do."
[www.irishmirror.ie]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 20, 2018 23:53

BluzDude
CallM
BluzDude
Arriving the morning of the 16th....The plan is to do the Guinness tour then the Jameson tour (or maybe the other way around). Jet lag never seems to affect me until I arrive back home.

If I can make one suggestion...the Jameson tour is only a museum not an actually functioning distillery. You still get the samples at the end but there’s a place called Teelings, which is the only distillery operating in Dublin city so a little more authentic than the Jameson tour.

Thanks for the tip!

Yes - thanks indeed! I usually tour Scottish distilleies but this sounds worth a peek. May run into ya, B Dude!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:01

SomeTorontoGirl
BluzDude
CallM
BluzDude

Thanks for the tip!

Yes - thanks indeed! I usually tour Scottish distilleies but this sounds worth a peek. May run into ya, B Dude!

smileys with beer We should work that out if possible

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 21, 2018 00:08

SomeTorontoGirl
BluzDude
CallM
BluzDude

Thanks for the tip!

And you haven't even got there yet.............grinning smiley

(I recently bagged a gold ticket - face value - from a good friend of mine with a big green hat and a red face........heh, heh...........smoking smiley

Date: April 21, 2018 01:01

EddieByword

(I recently bagged a gold ticket - face value - from a good friend of mine with a big green hat and a red face........heh, heh...........smoking smiley

Dammit Eddie, I hate sober editors!

Date: April 21, 2018 02:29

BluzDude

smileys with beer We should work that out if possible

thumbs up

Date: April 21, 2018 02:41

SomeTorontoGirl
EddieByword

Dammit Eddie, I hate sober editors!

Sorry, but not for long............I'll have to get drunk to understand my Oirish friends, come 'ere........

They speak 'English' of a type but so fast I have an easier time with the Italians I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eye popping smiley .........

Oi'll be there somewhere...over the rainbow................smileys with beer

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 21, 2018 12:03

The support acts for The Rolling Stones gig at Croke Park on May 17 will be announced on Monday. Who do you think should be on the bill?

[www.rte.ie]

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 12:20

Lien
The support acts for The Rolling Stones gig at Croke Park on May 17 will be announced on Monday. Who do you think should be on the bill?

[www.rte.ie]

I'd take Snow Patrol or Kaleo

Few irish acts that could play are Glen Hansard, Damien Dempsey, The Coronas, Imelda May, The styrpes, The Chieftens

I'd love the Pogues or Shane McGowan but healthwise prob not possible for Shane

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 21, 2018 13:37

Sir van the Man Morrison....

Date: April 21, 2018 15:05

35love
The first time I heard Mick Jagger’s voice ‘live’
was San Diego 2015 soundcheck thru an open window from my hotel room next door.
A chill ran under my skin up my arms and I was hanging out the window in bliss.

Have a BBQ Dubliners for Christ sake!!

The Who played Swansea in 1976 - the stadium was right next to the prison so they got a free show - the Who came back in in 2007 - Roger Daltrey hadn't forgotten.............

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 23, 2018 10:36

LUCKY DIP

Today (Monday 23) at 9am, a limited number of tickets for the Dublin show will be sold at a special price. All Lucky Dip tickets will be sold as a pair

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 23, 2018 11:12

After a delay, LD’s are back on sale through the RS.com link

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 23, 2018 11:14

Lien
LUCKY DIP

Today (Monday 23) at 9am, a limited number of tickets for the Dublin show will be sold at a special price. All Lucky Dip tickets will be sold as a pair

It's true!

Still available. I have GA in the bag but might be tempted.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 23, 2018 11:29

thanks everybody! Got mine and a spare ticket left!!!!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 23, 2018 12:41

Lien
LUCKY DIP

Link: [www1.ticketmaster.ie]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 23, 2018 13:42

Still available now.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: April 23, 2018 14:03

mikey C
Sir van the Man Morrison....

I don't know about your personal Wealth but you, good Sir, are a Man of Taste.

Date: April 23, 2018 14:09

For anyone tempted by this, please be aware that accomodation prices of all types in Dublin are now ludicrously sky high this week, largely thanks to 3 Ed Sheeran Concerts taking place there the same week as the Stones' visit to the city.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 23, 2018 14:22

Lien
LUCKY DIP

Limited my ass; the €180 ones aren't selling, the €90 ones aren't selling so this is going to be a firesale, I suspect...

Date: April 23, 2018 14:42

textmonkey
Lien
LUCKY DIP

Limited my ass; the €180 ones aren't selling, the €90 ones aren't selling so this is going to be a firesale, I suspect...

The promoter is taking a bath for sure. Those 3 Ed Sheeran shows in the same city the same week will not be helping. Even if they attract different types of audiences, there is huge pressure on accomodation in Dublin, inflating prices through the roof, which will deter foreign vistors so they will have to rely on the home market for this.

I notice that GC Tickets are available for 30-40% discount on the secondary sites (+ their rip off fees). GA holding steady and actually going for a bit over face (though still availabel from Ticketbarsteward. GA is too cheap and GC too expensive.

Those who do travel in from outside Ireland will do well to book accomodation out of town and travel in on showday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-23 15:40 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 23, 2018 17:39

grzegorz67
textmonkey
Lien
LUCKY DIP

The promoter is taking a bath for sure. Those 3 Ed Sheeran shows in the same city the same week will not be helping. Even if they attract different types of audiences, there is huge pressure on accomodation in Dublin, inflating prices through the roof, which will deter foreign vistors so they will have to rely on the home market for this.

I notice that GC Tickets are available for 30-40% discount on the secondary sites (+ their rip off fees). GA holding steady and actually going for a bit over face (though still availabel from Ticketbarsteward. GA is too cheap and GC too expensive.

Those who do travel in from outside Ireland will do well to book accomodation out of town and travel in on showday.

Definitely, accommodation prices are getting ridiculous. I booked way before the show in Dublin was even confirmed, knowing the booking could be cancelled if the show feel through. Rooms for the hotel are still available, but have doubled the rates within a couple of weeks.

Date: April 23, 2018 21:19

TornFrayedSue
grzegorz67
textmonkey
Lien
LUCKY DIP

Definitely, accommodation prices are getting ridiculous. I booked way before the show in Dublin was even confirmed, knowing the booking could be cancelled if the show feel through. Rooms for the hotel are still available, but have doubled the rates within a couple of weeks.

I did exactly the same. Dublin is a very expensive city full of tourist traps for the naive. With a population of half a million, 4 major music events the same week puts a huge strain on its tourist Accomodation, forcing prices up to cuckoo levels. Exactly the same thing happens in Edinburgh during the fringe festival and at New Year. I’m in a hostel for 20 quid a night, arriving very late the night before the show grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-23 21:21 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 23, 2018 21:52

Absolutely. They can stuff their rip off hotel prices.

In and out the same day and back home just after 2 am. That'll do me

[www.translink.co.uk]

Posted by: lickedlady1966 ()
Date: April 23, 2018 22:27

LDs for Dublin seem to be available right now via rs.com

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 24, 2018 13:23

LD's are available for over 24 hours now. I am wondering if nobody buys these or if they sell so many to fill up the stadium.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 24, 2018 13:32

hockenheim95
LD's are available for over 24 hours now. I am wondering if nobody buys these or if they sell so many to fill up the stadium.
I think they've finally pushed the prices too far on this one, pure greed I'm afraid. It started with the O2 prices in 2007 when there was uproar, even Mick commenting on it (rather unhelpfully) during one of the shows, since when we simply accepted it and shelled out. Now they can't even shift Lucky Dips, ffs !

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 24, 2018 14:43

chriseganstar
hockenheim95
I think they've finally pushed the prices too far on this one, pure greed I'm afraid. It started with the O2 prices in 2007 when there was uproar, even Mick commenting on it (rather unhelpfully) during one of the shows, since when we simply accepted it and shelled out. Now they can't even shift Lucky Dips, ffs !

Well hang on, Lucky Dips are 'niche' in that if you picked 100 people off the street and told them to go online and find Stones tickets, they'll go straight to ticketmaster rather than to www.rollingstones.com/tickets and find the LDs, so it's not as if we're talking about a perfect market where the LDs are lingering on a shelf with everybody walking past. They're on a shelf but under the counter, y'know...

But for Dublin, you're right but it's part of a perfect storm. The city was oversubscribed with concert goers *before* this gig was announced (pushing up accomodation prices), then when it was announced, ticket sales were held up because of the license issue, and when the tickets did go on sale, the cost (for seats in any event) was *indeed* too high for the market.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 24, 2018 23:20

i would guess the whole tour is somewhat over the public demand, as no-one thought they would add this extra in 2018. So many traveled to venues overseas last year, and have no will to spend another fortune on tix. Ireland is then the first to lose, with one of the largest venues and the least population... Hope it works out well, and luck to all Dippers smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home