Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 39
Re: Dublin Ireland travel and show info
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:14

textmonkey
And now a mailshot about Lucky Dips available for Croke Park...

yup! I got that email with a link to the tickets also!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 26, 2018 23:50

BluzDude
textmonkey

This sounds like they are going into panic mode, fully 3 weeks before showtime, which seems odd. They’ve never previously overtly advertised Lucky Dips that I can remember - until now it’s always been a discrete ‘little secret’ known to fans such as ourselves and few others.

Meanwhile the secondary sites are asking silly money, despite all of the sections on offer being still available from the primary seller. That will change as the clock runs down though and they get desperate.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2018 00:16

grzegorz67
BluzDude
textmonkey

This sounds like they are going into panic mode, fully 3 weeks before showtime, which seems odd. They’ve never previously overtly advertised Lucky Dips that I can remember - until now it’s always been a discrete ‘little secret’ known to fans such as ourselves and few others.

Meanwhile the secondary sites are asking silly money, despite all of the sections on offer being still available from the primary seller. That will change as the clock runs down though and they get desperate.

Meh.
"Panic mode" and "overtly advertising" seem a stretch.
No doubt a tough sell due to a variety of circumstances, but emailing people who signed up for Dublin tix and notifications hardly qualifies as overt ads.
I didn't sign up for Dublin (believe they had a special sign-up) and received no notifications.. or "overt advertisements".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-27 00:17 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: April 27, 2018 00:50

They're panicking.

Row G, block 303, still available.

You can sit in almost any block you wish. That's not healthy.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 27, 2018 00:54

Perhaps good news might be if I end up with nosebleeds for my Lucky Dip, I'll be able to move a bit closer.

Date: April 27, 2018 01:20

BluzDude
Perhaps good news might be if I end up with nosebleeds for my Lucky Dip, I'll be able to move a bit closer.

If they’re really desperate, they can always tarp off the upper tier and upgrade those who’ve bought full price tickets up there. In Paris in 2007, they did exactly that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2018 04:07

The bright side of these poor sales is that any future Stones tour (if there is one) will have more realistic prices to begin with.
This should also be a warning to other bands/promoters...do not rip people off!

Date: April 27, 2018 13:24

Dublin Dips no longer on sale.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 27, 2018 15:21

[www1.ticketmaster.ie] what is this new section "LUCKY" for 70€? It just gets weirder...

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 27, 2018 15:33

Think it's just a normal GA...Same price I paid for mine

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 27, 2018 15:54

I have a twin bedded room in Ballsbridge, 4 star hotel, on 16-18 May. free internet. Now not needed. Not cheap at $247 per night, but I can't cancel it. Right by park, in up-market area. 20 minutes by taxi to Croke Park. Anyone interested?? offers considered...

Date: April 27, 2018 16:09

mikey C
Think it's just a normal GA...Same price I paid for mine

It's not a Lucky Dip ticket as you can order 1 to 8 tickets and you can select Print-At-Home. Could this be a cheaper Golden Circle or Pit ticket? Why else should it be called "Lucky"?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: April 27, 2018 16:29

Or a Lucky 2nd Tier seat up in the God's area..Who Know's????? anyone that get's one please let us know....Have a Great Weekend everyone.M

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 27, 2018 16:32

if you proceed to the checkout the ticket is specified as "SEC LUCKY General admission". Thus I guess it's normal GA

Date: April 27, 2018 16:32

slewan
if you proceed to the checkout the ticket is specified as "SEC LUCKY General admission". Thus I guess it's normal GA

But Pit is specified as General admission too

Date: April 27, 2018 16:35

hockenheim95
slewan

the confirmation email I received when ordering LD tickets back in March when they first went on sale says: "Seat location: section LUCKY", too. So I guess what's available right now are LD tickets

Date: April 27, 2018 16:38

slewan
hockenheim95
slewan

the confirmation email I received when ordering LD tickets back in March when they first went on sale says: "Seat location: section LUCKY", too. So I guess what's available right now are LD tickets

Print-at-home LD tickets for the price of a GA ticket smiling smiley If anyone tries to buy one - please let us know grinning smiley

Date: April 27, 2018 16:41

yeah, somebody should give it a try and buy one of those mysterious tickets. Chose print-at-home and see what happens…

(I'd do it but I have absoultely no use for a ticket for Dublin)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-27 16:48 by slewan.

Date: April 27, 2018 17:21

a question for all those who bought LD tickets for Dublin: does your order history for you tickets show any information about section/row/seats? – I heard in some cases such information is being provided, but I'm not sure if the row/seat numbers shown are just dummy numbers (and everbody got the same).
Please check and tell us!

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 27, 2018 18:05

hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95
slewan

Print-at-home LD tickets for the price of a GA ticket smiling smiley If anyone tries to buy one - please let us know grinning smiley

This is weird!!! I hope someone will give it a try.... I can hardly imagine they put out real LDs, as most of the people are not familiar with the term, and would not know what there buying without any further explanation.
But if it is in fact ordinary GA, as suggests the price, why would they suddenly call them Lucky .... leaves me puzzled eye rolling smiley

Posted by: hilary ()
Date: April 28, 2018 08:47

I’ve heard that an hairdresser in Dublin is giving away free tickets for the venue??? Very bad and sad...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 28, 2018 14:47

hilary
I’ve heard that an hairdresser in Dublin is giving away free tickets for the venue??? Very bad and sad...

Not so bad.............a 'private show' with the Stones.....and loads of room to dance........not so sad either....smoking smiley

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: April 28, 2018 17:08

There is an article from the "Irish Sun" that basically blames the poor sales on high ticket prices but to me the reporter seemed to be pretty condescending. Bringing up that both U2 and Garth Brooks had no trouble selling out the place and the Mick is having to do PR work to drum up interest.

Date: April 28, 2018 21:19

And still Tickets being sold on the main TM page as ‘Lucky’ at the GA price of €77.30 total. I wonder just what’s happening here. Will they give early arrivals for GA the offer of a good seat or place in GC in order to fill it up with LD ticket holders at the LD price being allocated random tickets as planned? GC and Lower side seats are plentiful in all sections. I hope they have sensible plans in place because this could be chaotic.

If sales are as poor as rumoured then I would be hopeful that early GA arrivals will get some sort of preferential treatment. Pit, GC & front seats will definitely be full - it’s just a matter of who gets to fill the void of unsold places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-28 21:21 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: April 28, 2018 22:15

Still no clue of what this Lucky tickets on Ticketmaster are, but maybe they come up with the GA price for pit tickets only a couple of days prior to the concert. I think they did that in Paris.... I could be tempted to buy a pit at this price in addition to the LD I already have grinning smiley

Date: April 28, 2018 22:39

TornFrayedSue
Still no clue of what this Lucky tickets on Ticketmaster are, but maybe they come up with the GA price for pit tickets only a couple of days prior to the concert. I think they did that in Paris.... I could be tempted to buy a pit at this price in addition to the LD I already have grinning smiley

If they do that here, I’ll definitely pounce and grab one this time. I was at all 3 Paris Shows last year and missed out on an LD Pit. Not sure if many more than a handful were sold that way. A good few Dippers got Pit in Paris and it was obvious from reactions to opening envelopes who that was winking smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 29, 2018 10:17

It’s only rock’n’roll but it still requires practice, even after 56 years. The Rolling Stones have been granted permission by Dublin city council for a second live rehearsal day at Croke Park prior to the band’s forthcoming Irish concert, due to “exceptional” circumstances.

Correspondence between Aiken Promotions and the council, released under freedom of information laws, shows the promoter requested a second day of rehearsals ahead of the group’s Dublin gig as it will be the first stop on the latest leg of the veteran rockers’ No Filter tour,

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2018 11:06

"...a second live rehearsal day at Croke Park prior to the band’s forthcoming Irish concert"

Good news - this means they should be fully rehearsed and hitting their stride by the 6th show instead of the 7th.

Date: April 29, 2018 13:39

as far as I remember they planned two rehearsal days at Croke park right from the beginning

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 29, 2018 17:33

grzegorz67
BluzDude

If they’re really desperate, they can always tarp off the upper tier and upgrade those who’ve bought full price tickets up there. In Paris in 2007, they did exactly that.

I remember, I was there.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 39

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home