Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:08

ferda
DEmerson
Have hotel on hold in Prague as soon as that was listed - but so far, not finding any air from Boston under $1,000 - more like $1,400. That's not happening.

fly to Berlin/Vienna and take a train. It's about 4hrs direct

Fly Norwegian nonstop to LGW for $685 return. Get an Easyjet connection to PRG for about 90 pounds. Or something along those lines.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:19

rebelhipi
Hairball
spikenyc
The tour should be called "No Stopping".
No Filter was 2017.
This is 2018.
Its confusing.
Especially when we look back in a few years and look at the tours,No Filter will have 2 seperate years listed.

Either way, any Rolling Stones tour is better then none!

They could eventually be known as No Filter pt.I and No Filter pt. II
Or maybe No Filter'17 and No Filter '18.

Wondering if there's ever been a tour by any other band with a four month break in the middle of it that has used the same name?
Just a wild guess, but maybe U2?
Or No Filter Europe and No Filter UK

The lastest leg of the current Guns N Roses tour ended in December and it will continue in June in Europe. Probably because you cannot really do stadium shows in Europe in February and they can do some summer festivals aswell.

I suppose so, but No Filter'18 (or No Filter pt. II) has dates in other countries outside the UK - doesn't really make sense to just call it No Filter UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 06:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:32

Anyone know what the "Accessible Presale" is on Ticketmaster for the London show? Is there a password?

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:52

Have booked Prague ,£300 for 4 nights with jet2

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 27, 2018 06:57

sarahunwin
Anyone know what the "Accessible Presale" is on Ticketmaster for the London show? Is there a password?

Accessible would lead to think it's for wheelchair/disabled tickets?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 27, 2018 07:39

You have to be kidding with those prices. Unnafordaboe.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 08:26

Let's assume all 14 shows happen and that the 29 May show in the Midlands is at a 50,000 seater. That's 920,000 punters.

IF The Stones just capped their ticket prices, for every seat and pit ticket, at USD$150, they'd take USD$138,000,000. For 14 shows.

They'd sell out in a flash. The lads could each take, what, a Million a show, USD$14m x 4 Stones = USD$56m, leaving $82m for everything/everybody else....

Then there'd be no talk about ticket prices being too high, no waiting for cheaper drops, scalpers would have to drop prices as well as the market isn't standing for USD$600 tickets.

Dreaming....HOW much do they want? How many $s are enough for them? Says me who sprung $520/ticket x 8 in Australia last time round!

Rod

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 10:16 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 27, 2018 08:29

I'll attempt to get hold of a GA ticket. If I fail, I'm out. I'll look forward to watching clips on YouTube!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 27, 2018 08:32

JN99
BluzDude
If you look closely at the London TM site, it says:

Gen Sale: 02/03
Pre Sale: 01/03 (Ticketmaster)
Accessible Sale: 27/02

revised

Copied from tm UK for the London 22/5 show:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri 02/03/18, 09:00

Accessible Presale
Start: Tue 27/02/18, 12:00
End: Fri 02/03/18, 08:00

Ticketmaster Presale
Start: Thu 01/03/18, 09:00
End: Fri 02/03/18, 08:00
Does it mean local London time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 08:47 by MAF.

Date: February 27, 2018 08:35

For everone that needs flying use this site. I am pretty sure boston prague can be arranged for umder 600 usd

[www.flightlist.io]

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:23

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:47

Europe 2 years in a row. Do you suppose US/North America promoters are apprehensive about booking the band after the last tour? There are certainly some big markets where the band hasn't played in a real long time. For instance, the Seattle/Vancouver/Portland market hasn't seen them since 2005. The ticket prices in Europe this time certainly seem a bit more realistic than they were here. I paid $750 face value @ the MGM Grand in 2012 for a mediocre seat & when I looked at Vegas last time, the prices seemed beyond the high side. Some of that is on the promoters most likely but some of it has to be on the band also. I wonder if they'll ever play the US again. Hope you Euros enjoy this tour & maybe get some good new sets. By new, I mean that its mixed up a bit from the past several tours. There certainly is a wealth of under played great material.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:54

Fan presale starts today at 12 pm. Is it local London time?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:56

MAF

Fan presale starts today at 12 pm. Is it local London time?

12pm looks like GMT - because in Germany the BILD-presale starts 12pm GMT / 1pm CET - [www.Bild.de] .

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:58

Where's the email rollingstones.com was going to send us?
Or am I the only one waiting?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:01

BowieStone
Where's the email rollingstones.com was going to send us?
Or am I the only one waiting?

I have the impression this will arrive shortly before the presale beginning
at noon in the UK. Not sure how I arrived at that though...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:08

Two London shows at 80,000 each which totals 160,000 seems like a enormous
amount to sell out.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:15

swimtothemoon
Two London shows at 80,000 each which totals 160,000 seems like a enormous
amount to sell out.

it is at the prices they are asking for.

I predict a huge amount of spares on show day going at below face value

Posted by: MarekM ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:24

Mick live on BBC2 radio [www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 10:25 by MarekM.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:26

crholmstrom
Europe 2 years in a row. Do you suppose US/North America promoters are apprehensive about booking the band after the last tour? There are certainly some big markets where the band hasn't played in a real long time. For instance, the Seattle/Vancouver/Portland market hasn't seen them since 2005. The ticket prices in Europe this time certainly seem a bit more realistic than they were here. I paid $750 face value @ the MGM Grand in 2012 for a mediocre seat & when I looked at Vegas last time, the prices seemed beyond the high side. Some of that is on the promoters most likely but some of it has to be on the band also. I wonder if they'll ever play the US again. Hope you Euros enjoy this tour & maybe get some good new sets. By new, I mean that its mixed up a bit from the past several tours. There certainly is a wealth of under played great material.

Europe has about double the population of North America, and is complicated by it being multiple countries, so it makes sense that it takes more shows to 'cover' the territory. I also think there is something symbolic to the UK shows (not in the sense that this has to be the last tour, but just 'we should make a splash on our home turf before we do actually stop').

As someone who went in 2015 as well as Europe in 2014 and 2017, ticket prices actually seem much of a muchness - if anything these shows are more overpriced than the Zip Code shows.

syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 10:28 by syrel.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:51

syrel
crholmstrom

Europe has about double the population of North America, and is complicated by it being multiple countries, so it makes sense that it takes more shows to 'cover' the territory. I also think there is something symbolic to the UK shows (not in the sense that this has to be the last tour, but just 'we should make a splash on our home turf before we do actually stop').

As someone who went in 2015 as well as Europe in 2014 and 2017, ticket prices actually seem much of a muchness - if anything these shows are more overpriced than the Zip Code shows.

syrel

Yes, agreed. The last gigs in US were in 2016 but the last in UK were in 2013. It all makes perfect sense. I'm grateful to have at least another chance to see them.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:59

MarekM
Mick live on BBC2 radio [www.bbc.co.uk]

"We talked about this tour last time we were in the studio"......NO FOLLOWUP from Chris Evans on WHAT they were doing IN the studio/when etc...Evans should go back to TG ;-)

Rod

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:06

glshanghai
after being in the pit in Shanghai, New Jersey and Zuerich I'm addicted. PIT or nothing anymore. Closest place to the stage, no pushing, squeezing.
In Zuerich catched a pick from Ronnie, my son one from Keith. It can't get better.

Me too, with the qualification it's pit at face value or nothing anymore. Therefore I'm not expecting to catch them on this tour and I'm cool with that.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:14

Chances of a 3rd London show being added Friday? (the rumoured 2nd Olympic Stadium date) or is it likely to be in a couple weeks?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:18

That would depend on how fast May 22 sells. Some acts add the 2nd date right away, some a bit later. Yet others may add the 2nd date right away and start selling it on the same day!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:45

Has anyone who 'signed up' had an email with an access code for the presales ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:47

No
And no idea of when those presale will appear...

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:47

Topi
That would depend on how fast May 22 sells. Some acts add the 2nd date right away, some a bit later. Yet others may add the 2nd date right away and start selling it on the same day!

Yeah its annoying because sometimes they add the second show within minutes of the first going on sale.

Friday would be a much better day than a Tuesday but I feel its such a big risk not buying the tuesday and waiting for the Friday date!

The seating prices seem really high, so im afraid they will sell GA quite easily but not the seating so much. Seats starting at £200 to sit at the back of a stadium seems optimistic. (although for people like my Dad in his 70s he will pay it)

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:55

paulywaul

I'm assuming the email arrives at 12pm

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:59

syrel
paulywaul

I'm assuming the email arrives at 12pm

It probably will, if not about 5 minutes beforehand ! O well ... and so we wait (tick tock tick tock goes the clock)

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home