Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:33

philrock90
Also anyone used the stones pre sale before whats chances of succesfully getting a ticket?

Virtually nil!

Presales can be good for the lucky few and otherwise mostly rubbish. Often they try and panic people into buying the worst tickets first. So don't bite if you don't get offered what you are really after because you'll get it eventually later on.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:37

philrock90
GAFF
philrock90
Also anyone used the stones pre sale before whats chances of succesfully getting a ticket?

Depends on what kind of seat you want. You can always get a ticket, but maybe not the one you really want.

Im looking more at general standing

Depends on the show, but you shouldn't have a problem. Just remember that they release tickets in fits and starts so while it may appear that certain tickets are no longer available, they will always drop more. They prefer to sell the higher priced seats first and will often hold back the cheaper tickets until they feel it's time to drop them.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:38

Beast
philrock90

Virtually nil!

Presales can be good for the lucky few and otherwise mostly rubbish. Often they try and panic people into buying the worst tickets first. So don't bite if you don't get offered what you are really after because you'll get it eventually later on.

Also, there's always the possibility that the pre-sale will work only for those who have a specific credt card, like it was on previous pre-sales for Stones concerts. In 2012 there was a pre-sale for those who were registered on the Stones Archive website, but the payment was only via American Express.

Date: February 27, 2018 00:42

Cristiano Radtke
Beast
philrock90

Virtually nil!

Also, there's always the possibility that the pre-sale will work only for those who have a specific credt card, like it was on previous pre-sales for Stones concerts. In 2012 there was a pre-sale for those who were registered on the Stones Archive website, but the payment was only via American Express.

Any time they've done that haven't they called it an AMEX Presale? I've never seen them surprise presale customers with a specific card requirement.

Date: February 27, 2018 00:45

GAFF
Cristiano Radtke
Beast
philrock90

Virtually nil!

Any time they've done that haven't they called it an AMEX Presale? I've never seen them surprise presale customers with a specific card requirement.

For the O2 concerts in 2012 there were 2 pre-sales: one for the Amex cardholders and a second one for those who were registered on Stones Archive. I don't have an Amex card and I've tried to buy a ticket on the second pre-sale, but the payment was only via Amex. In the end, I could buy tickets many days after the tickets were "sold out" on the website.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:46

GAFF
philrock90

Depends on what kind of seat you want. You can always get a ticket, but maybe not the one you really want.

But you can get the ticket you need

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:46

I had very good experiences with the app presale last year. I got pit for Arnhem (230€ - what a bargain) and it was easy to get any category with the German BILD presale in Hamburg.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:48

Repeating, does anyone have a link for the package prices, just to look at?

(Irix, yes, those ticket prices are on the TM website.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:50

Well fingers crossed otherwise ill have to take time out at work on friday for general sale this will be my first stones concert so im really hoping to go

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:50

tinnitus
Does anyone know if any alternative agents to Ticket Master will be used tomorrow?

I'd like to get prepared if there are...Ticket Master is usually a bit of a nightmare to use on release day.

alt 156 gives the Britsch pound sign ;-)

Date: February 27, 2018 00:51

angee

London tickets

Click the Price Range link.

Date: February 27, 2018 00:51

angee

At least for London, these are the VIP packages, although there's no info about the prices yet. [www.axs.com]

Date: February 27, 2018 00:56

I have read a lot here and saw some comenst about expensive tickerprices in Germany, but I can not find the prices yet, can someone help me?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:59

If you look closely at the London TM site, it says:

Gen Sale: 02/03
Pre Sale: 01/03 (Ticketmaster)
Accessible Sale: 27/02

revised

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 01:00 by BluzDude.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:07

Cristiano Radtke
GAFF
Cristiano Radtke
Beast
philrock90

Virtually nil!

For the O2 concerts in 2012 there were 2 pre-sales: one for the Amex cardholders and a second one for those who were registered on Stones Archive. I don't have an Amex card and I've tried to buy a ticket on the second pre-sale, but the payment was only via Amex. In the end, I could buy tickets many days after the tickets were "sold out" on the website.

I lucked out on a pit with a FB presale with a link posted here, not sure if it was a third one or the Stones Archive one you mention ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:15

Gold Circle Slane Castle 2007; nowadays the gold circle is the 'second best'? - haven't seen the Stones since those amazing gigs in 2006 (two London, one Glasgow) and 2007 (Slane and 02 final show).

The Pit - haven't been to multi-front of stage set up's in stadia, so I take it the pit is the Gold Circle deluxe, right infront of the stage? Is the pit normally comfortable or oversold? Gold Circle would still be quite near the front but I'd be tempted, not seen them in 11 years, and this may be it, to go pit! Advice required smiling smiley

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:16

BluzDude

revised

Copied from tm UK for the London 22/5 show:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri 02/03/18, 09:00

Accessible Presale
Start: Tue 27/02/18, 12:00
End: Fri 02/03/18, 08:00

Ticketmaster Presale
Start: Thu 01/03/18, 09:00

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:19

IrelandCalling4
Gold Circle Slane Castle 2007; nowadays the gold circle is the 'second best'? - haven't seen the Stones since those amazing gigs in 2006 (two London, one Glasgow) and 2007 (Slane and 02 final show).

The Pit - haven't been to multi-front of stage set up's in stadia, so I take it the pit is the Gold Circle deluxe, right infront of the stage? Is the pit normally comfortable or oversold? Gold Circle would still be quite near the front but I'd be tempted, not seen them in 11 years, and this may be it, to go pit! Advice required smiling smiley

I watched 4 shows from the pit on last years tour and it was fantastic.
In the pit you are right in front of the stage the closest you can get.
Personally I found it was very comfortable and not too crowded with enough space to stand comfortably and also people were very civil and allowed you to leave and return to your spot.

Nate

Date: February 27, 2018 01:22

GAFF
angee

London tickets

Click the Price Range link.

Yes, I've seen that. No packages on there.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 27, 2018 01:23

JN99
BluzDude

revised

Copied from tm UK for the London 22/5 show:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri 02/03/18, 09:00

Accessible Presale
Start: Tue 27/02/18, 12:00

Ticketmaster Presale
Start: Thu 01/03/18, 09:00

I saw them twice in the PIT, and it was PERFECT, and what Nate told is 100% right. But if you buy them in a package you pay too much.

Date: February 27, 2018 01:24

Cristiano Radtke
angee

At least for London, these are the VIP packages, although there's no info about the prices yet. [www.axs.com]

Thanks for reminding me, Cristiano, I saw that one, no prices true.

For me, the pit tickets are difficult if not impossible to get on their own when they go on sale.
At the end, if they drop right before a show, I have already bought other pricey tickets and those become
hard to sell if pit tickets all of a sudden become available for days.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 03:16 by angee.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:32

gotdablouse
Cristiano Radtke
GAFF
Cristiano Radtke
Beast
philrock90

Virtually nil!

I lucked out on a pit with a FB presale with a link posted here, not sure if it was a third one or the Stones Archive one you mention ?

Me too! No idea what presale it was but I know I was damn lucky to score those tickets for the first ever pit for the first night at O2. I was literally trembling with nerves when keying in my details to make the purchase. Spoiled me for life...eye popping smiley

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:38

after being in the pit in Shanghai, New Jersey and Zuerich I'm addicted. PIT or nothing anymore. Closest place to the stage, no pushing, squeezing.
In Zuerich catched a pick from Ronnie, my son one from Keith. It can't get better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 01:40 by glshanghai.

Date: February 27, 2018 01:44

Beast
gotdablouse
Cristiano Radtke
GAFF
Cristiano Radtke
Beast
philrock90

Virtually nil!

Me too! No idea what presale it was but I know I was damn lucky to score those tickets for the first ever pit for the first night at O2. I was literally trembling with nerves when keying in my details to make the purchase. Spoiled me for life...eye popping smiley

There were two presales (the first one on a Monday, for Amex cardholders and a second one on the following Wednesday for those registered on the Stones Archive website), before the general sale started on Friday. I couldn't get any tickets on those sales, but I was very lucky to buy them after some tickets started to appear again on the Ticketmaster website. cool smiley

Date: February 27, 2018 01:48

Lucky Dip Pit tix completely ruined me for any other experience, but I’m more than happy to pay the £451 to be up front in London.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 27, 2018 02:17

Healy52003
[www.rte.ie]

not looking good folks

Oh come on, what a bullshit. Who would care about bunch of old farts complaining all the time? Get a life or move.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 02:31

wickerman
Healy52003
[www.rte.ie]

not looking good folks

Oh come on, what a bullshit. Who would care about bunch of old farts complaining all the time? Get a life or move.

The baxtards have the power to stop the show and are putting in one hell of an objection. They done the same in 2014 and won but it's really the Dublin City Council's decision

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 27, 2018 02:41

rebelhipi
Rokyfan
Leonioid
CaledonianGonzo
Leonioid

Many theories were presented but never the significance of NO FILTER

Maybe in the end that is the point...
it only means andrefers to ROLLING STONES NO FILTER TOUR.

It's a reference to sharing photos on Instagram without applying a filter

i.e. they were appearing in their raw and unedited state.
Thanks

Interesting... I guess I missed them saying that officially.

They never said anything about Instagram nor does it have anything to do with Instagram. it does simply mean unfiltered, raw and unedited yes, but the phrase and concept did not begin with Instagram, rather it is used with respect to photography generally and has been for many decades, something that did exist before Instagram.

The four screens behind the band look alot like cellphone screens

Rectangles. We had them before cell phones. You really think the stage is intended to be a homage to the cell phone? Maybe. Or maybe it's just that the 4 rectangular screens work well.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: February 27, 2018 02:47

JN99
I just looked at that picture of the Croke Park locals and thought, how sad - they are all acting like old fogeys when the band that's asking to play may be made up largely of their "elders"! LOL Where's their spirit, sense of adventure, sense of rock n roll!? They've lost it along the line somewhere.

Probably Daniel O'Donnell fans.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: February 27, 2018 05:28

DEmerson
Have hotel on hold in Prague as soon as that was listed - but so far, not finding any air from Boston under $1,000 - more like $1,400. That's not happening.

fly to Berlin/Vienna and take a train. It's about 4hrs direct

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home