Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I'm going to see Bill Wyman tonight
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 21, 2005 15:38

Bill Wyman tonight! I can't wait. Special guest is Eddie Floyd!

Re: I'm going to see Bill Wyman tonight
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 21, 2005 15:43

Eddie Flyod! Saw him with Solomon Burke, they performed "Knock On Wood", a great tune!
Have fun with Bill!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: September 21, 2005 16:23

I hope you'll enjoy him more than I did when I saw him with the Rhythm Kings. It was all about his sidemen (who were great) but except of his usual bass playing there was no reason to call the band just "The Rhythm Kings" instead of "Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings". This said about the guy who used to play bass just for me (and 50'000 Norwegians) when I saw him in Oslo 1990.

Date: September 21, 2005 16:23

I hope you'll enjoy him more than I did when I saw him with the Rhythm Kings. It was all about his sidemen (who were great) but except of his usual bass playing there was no reason to call the band just "The Rhythm Kings" instead of "Bill Wyman and his Rhythm Kings". This said about the guy who used to play bass just for me (and 50'000 Norwegians) when I saw him twice in Oslo 1990.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 21, 2005 16:38

have a blast, Reptile!
let Bill know his rock & roll soul is showing ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: September 21, 2005 16:39

I've seen them twice...fantastic both. Enjoy!

Date: September 21, 2005 16:41

Thanks. Think he'll smack me if I try to get him to sign some Stones records?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 21, 2005 16:43

i think he's been known to - but i hear he's nicer about it if you ask him to sign some of his books or solo albums first.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: September 21, 2005 16:49

Reptile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks. Think he'll smack me if I try to get him
> to sign some Stones records?

Just don't ask him to sign "A bigger bang"... better ask him what he thinks about Mick playing the bass on so many new tracks. Since he used to be quite bitter about Keith's desire to play bass on many Stones tracks he may find it funny that Keith's bass playing has deteriorated so much that Mick had to take over.

Posted by: millerman ()
Date: September 21, 2005 17:23

Have a great night. i'm going to see him in Oslo october 24th, looking foreward to thet

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 21, 2005 17:28

Have a nice night in Zoetermeer, Reptile!
You do write some lines on this tomorrow, huh?

I also wish Rutger a pleasant night on Friday at Het Burgerweeshuis, Deventer!

I´ve heard from a very credible source that ool´ Bill wont like people
ask for signings of Stones-stuff... But but one of his books before,
unless you dont already have some of´em.

I´ll see Wyman Oct 17 in Sundsvall, Sweden.

Date: September 22, 2005 13:35

It was great! He started a bit late but finally he came up and introduced his fellow band members. I was kindly supriced to see Andy Fairweather Low from Eric Clapton's band. I'd never heard of the rest of them. So Bill told us he was going to play all kinds of music, and they were of. First was an instrumental R&B with everybody doing some solo's, except for Bill(ofcourse). I'd never heard of Albert Lee, but he's a fine guitarist. The rest of the band played and sang a couple of songs, and Bill came up to announce it was "his @#$%& turn". He sang one song and left again. Then there was Eddie Floyd, the special guest. He did 2 tunes. One of them was 6345789(I hope that's right). Then he was of the stage to be back later. They played some more songs and there was a 20 minute break. When they came back(slighty late, ofcourse) they started playing again and Eddie Floyd came up to sing a few songs again, including Knock On Wood. Bill also sang one again. Then they left the stage, but after some cheering they came back for an encore. They did a couple more, eventually Eddie Floyd came up again to dance with them a bit. There were some great songs, like I Shall Not Be Moved and Hit The Road Jack. The whole night, Bill looked happy. He ofcourse hardly moved, but he had a smile on his face and looked like he was really enjoying himself, although it wasn't quite showing. Then the band left the stage except for Bill, who squatted down in a corner to sign some stuff. I was there with my dad and he said I'd never get one anyway. But I decided I'd have to try. There were some determined Stones fans there, I was squashed between them. But I jumped in front of the stage eventually and desperately stuck out my ticket. He took it and signed it, I gave him a handshake and told him it was great. Wooow!!! I got Bill Wyman's autograph. It's securely in a glass frame in my bedroom now. It was a great night and my short rendez-vous with Bill made it even better. I recommend everybody to go see him if he comes near you. Hell, even if he doesn't come near you. It's an extremely professional band and they sound wonderful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-22 13:44 by Reptile.

Date: September 22, 2005 13:50

Sounds promising for what I´m up to
in three weeks. Thank you, Reptile, cool review/report!

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 22, 2005 13:57

Great you enjoyed so much; Bill's playing (very) near me in January but even after this review I'll save my 52 Euro's anyway, knock on wood, Hit the road Jack.....just not my taste, maybe in 30 years or so...

btw. it sounds more like Eddie Floyd and the Rhythm Kings..

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 22, 2005 15:34

Congrats. Nice Story, (morning glory).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2005 15:44

Going to see him on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Date: September 22, 2005 16:39

At the Jolly Joker in Braunschweig, huh; Wahwahwoody?
Sound like a small venue?
I see he´s playing in Oulu, Finland twice, sounds
commercially worrying. Sorry Ouluans/Uleåborgers;
but that´s my thought too on playing Sundsvall and Boden.
But Sundsvall will at least be a semi-large venue.
Gotta buy some more Wyman-books before that date (Oct 17).
...Do you think he would sign my homeburnt cd´s with his Rhythm Kings smiling smiley
- with a cd/dvd-pen?

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: September 22, 2005 18:24

I'm going to see him on the 4. of october. did they play rockandroll songs too? Thats where Wyman is the best.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: September 22, 2005 19:30

I met Bill in the South of France in a hotel about 10km from where he played about an hour northeast of Marseille. The venue was way out in the country and I had no way of getting back home (Marseille) after the show. When I checked in to the hotel, Bill signed my dvd which was cool. His bandmates were really cool as well. The show was not bad and I kind of took a pleasure in hearing "Si si je suis un rock star" which I don't think he plays too often. It had been my understanding that Bill was living in France but he told me was now living in England. That was in early 2004.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2005 19:57

Yes, Baboon Bro, it's a really small and intimate venue. I think I'll like that. Hope to get a few things signed, too.

Date: September 22, 2005 20:13

Are there any pictures/recording ANYTHING available from the Zoetermeer gig?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: September 22, 2005 21:44

Bill WHO?????

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: September 22, 2005 22:20

Great to hear it reptile, i was trying to get there, but i whas stock in my work. I`ll try to get to him in januari in naaldwijk!
But it`s a great review, thanks for sharing it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1458
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home