Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
El Mocambo setlists
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 18, 2018 11:03

According to fmsetlist.com they only played 15 songs on the 4th and 23 on the 5th. That can't be correct. According to the setlist book I once had on the shelves they did almost 2 identical nights, with Route 66 opening up on the 4th and HTW on the 5th.
Anybody who can shed some light on this matter?

Re: El Mocambo setlists
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 18, 2018 11:08

According to Nico Zentgraf's website:

March 4th: Route 66/Honky Tonk Women/Hand Of Fate/Fool To Cry/Crazy Mama/Crackin’ Up/Around And Around/Melody/Star Star/Worried About You/Let’s Spend The Night Together/Band introduction/Little Red Rooster/Luxury/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash

March 5th: Honky Tonk Women/All Down The Line/Hand Of Fate/Route 66/Fool To Cry/Crazy Mama/Mannish Boy/Crackin’ Up/Dance Little Sister/Around And Around/Tumbling Dice/Happy/Hot Stuff/Star Star/Worried About You/Let’s Spend The Night Together/Worried Life Blues/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Rip This Joint/Band introduction/Little Red Rooster/Luxury/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash

Obviously, the setlist on the first night was shorter.

Date: January 18, 2018 12:07

Meise

March 4th: Route 66/Honky Tonk Women/Hand Of Fate/Fool To Cry/Crazy Mama/Crackin’ Up/Around And Around/Melody/Star Star/Worried About You/Let’s Spend The Night Together/Band introduction/Little Red Rooster/Luxury/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash

March 5th: Honky Tonk Women/All Down The Line/Hand Of Fate/Route 66/Fool To Cry/Crazy Mama/Mannish Boy/Crackin’ Up/Dance Little Sister/Around And Around/Tumbling Dice/Happy/Hot Stuff/Star Star/Worried About You/Let’s Spend The Night Together/Worried Life Blues/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Rip This Joint/Band introduction/Little Red Rooster/Luxury/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash

That setlist is probably their best ever, imo thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 18, 2018 12:13

Please-please-please release them two!!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 18, 2018 13:22

DandelionPowderman
Meise

Yes it is. Release it !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-18 13:44 by 1962.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 18, 2018 17:06

For the love of Brian - release this gem of all gems in the history of rock.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 18, 2018 17:09

DandelionPowderman
Meise

Yes it is. Release it !!!

For what it's worth - keep this one going - anyone from the Stones watching? ......................thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 18, 2018 17:10

DandelionPowderman
Meise

Yes!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 18, 2018 17:13

As holy grails go, the Mocambo is in the top 3. Is it even recorded?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 18, 2018 17:22

JumpingKentFlash
As holy grails go, the Mocambo is in the top 3. Is it even recorded?

Since 4 songs are featured on Love You Live the answer is obviously yes...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 18, 2018 17:37

The setlists are reconstructed, not verified. The only thing that is sure is that they really played some of these many rarities because they circulate on bootlegs or were released officially. The latest big thing to surface was the entire Crazy Mama. But nobody knows which show the circulating parts are from. setlist.fm is a bad joke.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-18 19:56 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 18, 2018 19:50

If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth dvd package, I would never beg for anything else.. Well, maybe

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 18, 2018 20:03

Meise

Also on Nico's site:
Soundboard recording was made by Eddie Kramer. Some songs are unverified.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: January 18, 2018 23:55

They played Worried About You prior to 1981???

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 18, 2018 23:58

GAFF
They played Worried About You prior to 1981???

Yep.
[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 19, 2018 00:24

DrPete
If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth dvd package, I would never beg for anything else..

If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth Paris'76 dvd package, I would be most grateful...

Date: January 19, 2018 00:54

DrPete
If they did a CD release plus a Knebworth dvd package, I would never beg for anything else.. Well, maybe

Amen

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 19, 2018 10:17

Monsoon Ragoon
The setlists are reconstructed, not verified. The only thing that is sure is that they really played some of these many rarities because they circulate on bootlegs or were released officially. The latest big thing to surface was the entire Crazy Mama. But nobody knows which show the circulating parts are from. setlist.fm is a bad joke.

The first show was marred by sound problems, and according to Eddie Kramer the recording was useless. The second show was perfect, and the set list is verified by both Kramer and an attending journalist. It is most likely that all that is available is from the second show.

Mathijs

Date: January 19, 2018 10:44

I have always though that Mocambo should get the "official" treatment.
I learned from someone who was there at both shows that the 1st night was kind of messy, chaotic. He did say the sound was lousy but attributed that to his personal situation. Actually, he used to say he thought it was because the band was a mess.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 19, 2018 17:59

Bring on a Deluxe Box set! 76-77. 3, 4 different Hand Of Fates would be AMAZING.

Date: January 19, 2018 18:09

A release of the 2nd Mocambo show would be by far more interesting than the three too-well-rehearsed club shows 1995.

Date: January 19, 2018 19:53

Too well-rehearsed? Those shows were pretty loose, imo.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 19, 2018 22:42

"Too well rehearsed" vs "pretty loose" - well, unlike those 1995 shows El Mocambo had Bill Wyman on board, that's what makes the difference for me. El Mocambo was still the REAL Stones.

Date: January 19, 2018 23:08

retired_dog
"Too well rehearsed" vs "pretty loose" - well, unlike those 1995 shows El Mocambo had Bill Wyman on board, that's what makes the difference for me. El Mocambo was still the REAL Stones.

Both were great, though - in different ways.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 20, 2018 00:38

how about.

el mocambo, songs taken from both shows.
knebworth, whole gig
paris 1976 compilation
1973 tour compilation

super deluxe package, vinyl, cd,s dvd.s

Date: January 20, 2018 00:56

retired_dog

Amen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 20, 2018 04:18

I’ve embarrassed myself terribly on this board,
so what’s a little more
the marvel of the drug bust of the century eve
and the level of expertise

I have a saved bootleg begging please to be cleaned up and officially RS released.

Actually I have no ‘review’
just a
‘Hear Hear, Amen’
asking/voting for a release
‘El Mocambo 1977’

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 20, 2018 08:01

I would love to hear how they played Hot Stuff. I bet it sounds amazing.

Date: January 20, 2018 09:45

DandelionPowderman

They sound today like alternative warhorses shows with sort of "played-to-death-rarities".

Date: January 20, 2018 11:09

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

They sound today like alternative warhorses shows with sort of "played-to-death-rarities".

Tired of Spider And The Fly, Meet Me In The Bottom, BOB (acoustic), SFM (acoustic) and the others already?

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home