Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Re 'It's All Over Now" Chords
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 10, 2018 13:14

Palace Revolution 2000
bleedingman
Strange, I've played that song at least a thousand times and never considered the intro key as anything other than "G". The dominant D throws you right into G. "Fortune Teller" intro is similar.

Regarding Keith's solo, I seem to remember Keith saying in "Life" that John Lennon told Keith it was a lousy solo - and Keith agreed with John.

Yes, that is what happened with me. Was driving me crazy.
I read that too, what Keith said about his solo, but I love that solo. I love all his early solos. They are very jittery.

Jittery! Yes, that is the perfect word for it. I wish more solos were like that.

And about the intro chords, I agree with bleedingman, I never thought of it as being in a different key either.

Date: January 10, 2018 13:24

matxil
Palace Revolution 2000
bleedingman
Strange, I've played that song at least a thousand times and never considered the intro key as anything other than "G". The dominant D throws you right into G. "Fortune Teller" intro is similar.

Regarding Keith's solo, I seem to remember Keith saying in "Life" that John Lennon told Keith it was a lousy solo - and Keith agreed with John.

Yes, that is what happened with me. Was driving me crazy.
I read that too, what Keith said about his solo, but I love that solo. I love all his early solos. They are very jittery.

Jittery! Yes, that is the perfect word for it. I wish more solos were like that.

And about the intro chords, I agree with bleedingman, I never thought of it as being in a different key either.

I haven't really checked the intro, but I suspect that if you try to play a solo to the intro in G, it won't sound good...

Will check it out, though.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 10, 2018 13:40

Depends on your approach. The notes of the F triad (F, A and C) - F and C are in G minor pentatonic scale and the A in the G major pentatonic scale. So it just depends which notes you target over the F chord. If it were me, I would hit the A note on the F chord change.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home