Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Thru & Thru
Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 01:50

hey just out of interest cause I never saw the recent gigs did Keith do his thing , as in Thru an Thru. ....????

To me, it sums him and the band up.. so kool.... just waiting on a call

Re: Thru & Thru
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 6, 2018 01:52

I’ve been bitching about it for years! Really want to see this one live. Also, Charlie can get in a few epic kicks!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 02:30

Thru and Thru has intrigued me ever since I heard it for the first time. I was very fortunate to see it performed live twice on the Licks tour.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 6, 2018 12:43

I love the very psychedelic versions on Voodoo Strew/Brew or whichever it was.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 6, 2018 13:07

This song pushed the Stones into a whole new area of modern day psychedelia. I wish they were bold enough to try this sort of thing again.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 6, 2018 17:16

Great on record... unfortunately it didn't "cut" it live (imo).

T&T is the kind of song Keef can perform in an intimate setting = a club-show with an audience of connaisseurs who know and like every rare track the band recorded. The handful of times it was tried in a stadium setting ,it tanked... (imo again).

It's been played 22 times in 2002/2003. Never been dusted out since...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 17:18 by dcba.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 6, 2018 17:21

I remember the time it was played at MSG (shown on HBO) being pretty good. 2003?

Now I got those @#$%& blues!

One of the highlights of VL. The booming drums scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 17:23 by Sipuncula.

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: January 6, 2018 17:27

I made my own Kieth play list. All Stones songs that he sings lead on. Thru and Thru is the last song on it. Great way to sum up his songs.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 7, 2018 20:04

dcba
Great on record... unfortunately it didn't "cut" it live (imo).

T&T is the kind of song Keef can perform in an intimate setting = a club-show with an audience of connaisseurs who know and like every rare track the band recorded. The handful of times it was tried in a stadium setting ,it tanked... (imo again).

At least he dared to play his obscure songs in the 00s. Today we only get the played-to-death stuff. A full tour with Infamy at every show? Hard to imagine after just 12 year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 20:09 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 7, 2018 20:17

Is a song off a multi million-selling album "obscure"?

Date: January 7, 2018 20:23

Well I wouldn't say Thru And Thru and Infamy are normal pop-rock songs, let alone made for stadium gigs. One of the reasons I love the first part of the ABB tour very much is actually Infamy. There have been some CDs with extraordinary vg-exc tapes just released (Seattle, Memphis and others).

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: January 7, 2018 20:59

Worstsong ever

Date: January 7, 2018 21:08

One of my fav keith songs. Especially live. Four flicks version is amazing

Date: January 7, 2018 21:53

Monsoon Ragoon

At least he dared to play his obscure songs in the 00s. Today we only get the played-to-death stuff. A full tour with Infamy at every show? Hard to imagine after just 12 year.[/quote]

Imho "Infamy" has a chance to make a comeback (though I never heard one live version that pleased me except... the one recorded during the Vilvoorde rehearsals which kicks ass - imho again).

Anyway T&T and "Infamy" are much better songs than the dreadful "You Don't Have To Mean It". confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2018 21:54

Not one of Keith's best nor one of his worst. A bit melodramatic musically and lyrically kind of lame, but still far superior to Infamy imo.
It was played quite often during the Licks tour - saw it a few times and thought it was better live than in studio.
For some it became synonymous with 'piss break', although that seems to be the case with Keith's set in general.

Date: January 7, 2018 22:10

dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

At least he dared to play his obscure songs in the 00s. Today we only get the played-to-death stuff. A full tour with Infamy at every show? Hard to imagine after just 12 year.

Imho "Infamy" has a chance to make a comeback (though I never heard one live version that pleased me except... the one recorded during the Vilvoorde rehearsals which kicks ass - imho again).

Anyway T&T and "Infamy" are much better songs than the dreadful "You Don't Have To Mean It". confused smiley[/quote]

The Vilvoorde rehearsal - where to get it? I think it's not among the Rattlesnake bonus stuff.

Date: January 7, 2018 22:49

dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

Anyway T&T and "Infamy" are much better songs than the dreadful "You Don't Have To Mean It". confused smiley[/quote]

The Light The Fuse-version is very good. He started to play the riff differently early in the tour. By Hollywood Bowl it sounded like It Won't Take Long smiling smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 7, 2018 23:00

The following reading of quotes makes a mess of it. It is dcba, who characterizes one song as dreadful. Ignore this post of mine, where I clumsily try to repair an earlier fault , or read my following post below. I must apologize.

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon (it is not, who wrote this)
dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

Anyway T&T and "Infamy" are much better songs than the dreadful "You Don't Have To Mean It". confused smiley

The Light The Fuse-version is very good. He started to play the riff differently early in the tour. By Hollywood Bowl it sounded like It Won't Take Long smiling smiley

At first a little puzzled, I think the correct quotations rather are as stated. Afterwards: Quite wrong.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-08 01:51 by Witness.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2018 23:00

Yeah ....Toronto .. Light Da Fuse version ... tight and rockin' ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 7, 2018 23:36

Witness
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

At first a little puzzled, I think the correct quotations rather are as stated.

?

Date: January 8, 2018 00:01

Moonsoon: yeah it's taken from RS 214/215 (the boot of the Paris show).It's the last song of cd2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-08 00:03 by dcba.

Date: January 8, 2018 00:47

Hey, come on ya guys. For whatever reason. Ya all know this is one of the most talked about stones songs in ," recent" years so to say. . And yer, the Sapronos did bring it ," out".. However don't ya wana know what the glimmer twins were meaning or thinking when they wrote it. I'm sure as shit i do... or maybe not.. Ha

Date: January 8, 2018 00:56

was pissed out of my brain (when I wrote that)! (laughs) This is the weirdest thing, the circumstances. We were in Barbados early last year, writing songs, Mick and I. Charlie was there, and also Pierre de Beauport, my guitar man, who's also on Thru and Thru - he's the guitar at the end. And we'd been out to a club in Bridgetown. Tropical night. We had a night off, you know. And we get back to Eddy Grant's studio, which is where we were living and working, at 5 in the morning and get out of the car. And I start staggering in, and suddenly I turn around to Pierre. I said, Switch the stuff on, man. Incoming, incoming. I guess maybe in the car... But I just went into the studio and laid it all down in one take. There it was. I don't know if it was just in the car, but suddenly it came. And that's really, to me, what songwriting is. I have very little do with it, it comes on the wave.

- Keith Richards, June 1994

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 8, 2018 01:36

DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

?

Were you the one to describe "You Don't Have to Mean It" as dreadful then in your earlier post?

Edit: Now I see that I have made mess of it though. It was dcba, who did so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-08 01:40 by Witness.

Date: January 8, 2018 02:33

Ha. All or overly true Rockman. But it don't really matter mate. Cause,, well,, I don't need to Tell ya that which ya are kinda tuned into anyway dude.. Sieze the day...

Date: January 8, 2018 03:08

..... can I grab the night too????????????????????...hhhaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: January 8, 2018 03:39

Ha. Strange enough Rockman, if we ever meet I'll tell ya the story or indeed story's of Montserrat.yer also Piza in Pardise mate in Antigua . Jeff beck,Eric & God. Strange but true..

Date: January 8, 2018 04:37

..... You're on man .... tell me all ya like ... truth is stranger than fiction

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-08 04:38 by Rockman.

Date: January 8, 2018 08:22

dcba
Moonsoon: yeah it's taken from RS 214/215 (the boot of the Paris show).It's the last song of cd2.

I have the cd, but didn't look. I looked at dbboots.com and got the wrong information. I think I will give it a listen later on. - Yeah www.dbboots.com ignored the bonus tracks behind Paris. Another one of the countless errors on this site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-08 08:37 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 8, 2018 08:51

Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

?

Were you the one to describe "You Don't Have to Mean It" as dreadful then in your earlier post?

Edit: Now I see that I have made mess of it though. It was dcba, who did so.

I talked about Infamy smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home