Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: archival series next release?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:42

ironbelly
1. Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with Brussels Affair as bonus discs

Make that : "Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with a compilation of the London'73 mutitrack SB tapes" thumbs up

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: December 27, 2017 19:07

dcba
ironbelly
1. Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with Brussels Affair as bonus discs

Make that : "Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with a compilation of the London'73 mutitrack SB tapes" thumbs up

Yeah!!!

Posted by: rodes ()
Date: December 27, 2017 19:30

A Beggars Banquet deluxe boxset LP/CD/DVD, with outtakes and demos, a nice book and the dvd Sympathy for the devil.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 27, 2017 20:08

Unless BB has wildly awesome unheard tracks I'd go with GHS(with that London multitrack)

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 27, 2017 20:14

dcba
ironbelly

Make that : "Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with a compilation of the London'73 multitrack SB tapes" thumbs up

Yeah - with a good book with photos from the European tour '73. It is a strange thing that these photos are so rare in book form.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 21:29

my hope/guess is either Paris76 or San Jose99.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 27, 2017 23:56

My guess is that the San Jose 'No Security' would be released, along with the soundtrack, which would be ACTUAL 'No Security' tracks, and not from the BTB tour, thereby cancelling the need to ever release again the original No Security CD.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: December 28, 2017 02:41

I personally wouldn't mind the 4 performances from San Francisco's Winterland Ballroom June 6th & 8th from the S.T.P. Tour

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: December 28, 2017 06:59

Does anybody know why the El Mocambo ‘77 show has never had an official release ? Now THAT would be a great archive release. I wonder about that one a lot. I have had a bootleg before but it sounded like shit. I understand a few of the tracks from that show on LYL were overdubbed and what not but whatever. They still sound so cool. I wish that show would see an official release with sound quality on par with LYL tracks. Any one have any insight or knowledge as to why this has not seen the light of day ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 28, 2017 10:32

falo01

Paris'76 on DVD with a bonus cd of the Mocambo gig(s).
San Jose'99 + Shepherd's Bush, both on DVD.

Videojames please submit these two ideas to "the Boss"!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 28, 2017 11:43

dcba
falo01

Paris'76 on DVD with a bonus cd of the Mocambo gig(s).
San Jose'99 + Shepherd's Bush, both on DVD.

Videojames please submit these two ideas to "the Boss"!
Mocambo gig(s) and Shepherd's Bush only as a bonus for extremely overpriced Japan only Ward Records exclusive superdeluxe release. Otherwise, I shall not believe that Mick went to economic school winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 28, 2017 12:56

No Security Audio/Video for me please .

IDEAS FOR NEW DELUXE EDITION
Posted by: altomist2 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 01:26

I suggest in 2018: GOATS HEAD SOUP Deluxe and after BLACK AND BLUE DELUXE

Re: IDEAS FOR NEW DELUXE EDITION
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 01:28

I'd go for Tattoo You, instead

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: April 3, 2018 01:32

How about Steel Wheels to celebrate the 30th anniversary. Plenty of b-sides etc to include.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2018 01:38

50th anniversary of Beggars Banquet - if not a deluxe edition, certainly reason to celebrate!
Maybe a special vinyl edition like they did with Satanic Majesties.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 3, 2018 02:19

How would you get a deluxe of Tattoo You when it was almost entirely made up of unfinished songs from previous albums and where Jagger did most of his vocals on his own in a studio in Paris?

Black and Blue has barely enough songs for an album to begin with and its not exactly a celebrated release. There might be a few GHS leftovers to pad it out but its hardly an album that'll rank amongst their classics.

Beggars Banquet is the only album that makes sense for an expanded issue. Its one of their truly landmark albums, there were a decent amount of songs recorded and 2018 marks the 50th anniversary. But please - no 2018 vocal overdubs. It'll sound ridiculous.

Think theyve missed the boat with Let It Bleed unfortunately as theres so much crossover with Sticky Fingers and Exile, which have already had the deluxe treatment with varying degrees of success and historical accuracy.

Personally speaking, I'd far rather they just did a career spanning overdubs-free anthology unreleased material even if I dont think theres many finished unreleased songs that are releasable. Theres bound to be plentiful alternate versions though

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 3, 2018 05:02

A deluxe version of GHS ought to include a "GHS Redux" where the whole album is re-imagined. Throw some tracks out and put others in, edit or remix some songs, change the cover, etc.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 3, 2018 05:43

I'd go for Tattoo you. Still a lot of great out takes recorded between 1977 and 1981 which would be great to hear

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 3, 2018 07:10

GHS easily can be set to 3CD deluxe if they will pair it with Brussels 1973. And that one is ready but had no normal release ease apart of limited runs as big archive box and Japanese WARD Records.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 3, 2018 08:10

GHS and IORR with all the messy darkness call it "OTT with the STP" or "THE DRAGON BREATHES REAL FIRE", "ROASTED & TOASTED", "THE ROAD NEVER ENDS - THE BEGINNING", "ELEGANTLY WASTED - VOL 1.", "JAMAICA TO GERMANY, & PLACES INBETWEEN".....

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 3, 2018 09:22

Gazza
How would you get a deluxe of Tattoo You when it was almost entirely made up of unfinished songs from previous albums and where Jagger did most of his vocals on his own in a studio in Paris?

There could be alternate vocal and mixes that were done. And there may be other songs Kimsey picked that didn't make the final cut. Kimsey would have the best answer for that. Keep in mind, though, that we're dealing with a singer who doesn't like to relive any of this, two guitar players who don't care, a bass player 20-plus years removed from anything, and a drummer, when asked, will say, "I don't remember. Why are you asking me these things?" They really need to get there archives in order if they're gonna do this stuff. The Some Girls edition was horrible. They could have done so much more with that, but they didn't. The "From The Vault" series is good, but Jagger, as I said, doesn't care about any of this. Why on earth would you put an outake from 1967 on an Exile deluxe edition? Because you don't care.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 3, 2018 09:54

Deluxe reissues are trammels to new material. When I read a deluxe reissue (or a billionth live or compilation) album will be released my heart kind of sinks knowing it gives the Stones an excuse not to release a new album.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2018 09:58

I'm shocked ABKCO hasn't done anything along the lines of an anthology of their early years. 50th of Beggar's Banquet. Come on, ABKCO!

Date: April 3, 2018 10:01

Gazza

Black and Blue has barely enough songs for an album to begin with and its not exactly a celebrated release. There might be a few GHS leftovers to pad it out but its hardly an album that'll rank amongst their classics.

Beggars Banquet is the only album that makes sense for an expanded issue. Its one of their truly landmark albums, there were a decent amount of songs recorded and 2018 marks the 50th anniversary. But please - no 2018 vocal overdubs. It'll sound ridiculous.

Think theyve missed the boat with Let It Bleed unfortunately as theres so much crossover with Sticky Fingers and Exile, which have already had the deluxe treatment with varying degrees of success and historical accuracy.

Personally speaking, I'd far rather they just did a career spanning overdubs-free anthology unreleased material even if I dont think theres many finished unreleased songs that are releasable. Theres bound to be plentiful alternate versions though

It wouldn't hurt getting fabulous outtake versions of Slave, Worried About You or Come On Sugar etc in excellent quality, though. I don't care what they call it (those songs could be featured on both TY and BAB Deluxe editions), but I really want stuff like that smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 10:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2018 10:11

Geeeezzz its been what 13 yrs ....SO Lets go straight to a Deeeeeluxe
of the new one they are working on ... Gives us all the ya got save waitin' another 10-20 years for whats in the can ...

Straight To The Jugular .................

ROCKMAN

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 3, 2018 10:13

ironbelly
GHS easily can be set to 3CD deluxe if they will pair it with Brussels 1973. And that one is ready but had no normal release ease apart of limited runs as big archive box and Japanese WARD Records.

Besides that, there were other concerts recorded during the 1973 Tour of Europe. We know for sure about soundboard recordings from London and Newcastle. It would be a good idea to release them as well. Most probably there are nor decent recordings from the first concerts at Vienna and Mannheim, otherwise they could release live Versions of the four songs which were played there and never again:

100 years ago, Silver Train,Bitch and Sweet Virginia.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 3, 2018 12:17

I would like a deluxe version of Undercover if there are spare trcks. I know there is a 12 inch version of the title track but not sure of what else it out there. Great album though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 12:27 by terraplane.

Date: April 3, 2018 12:27

terraplane
I would like a deluxe version of Undercover if there re sp[are trcks. I know there is a 12 inch version of the title track but sure of what else it out there. Greast album though

The extended version of She Was Hot, the dub-version of Feel On Baby, Chain Saw Rocker, long version of Tie You Up, Extended version of Too Much Blood. Lots of goodies thumbs up

Here's Chain Saw Rocker:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-03 12:32 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 3, 2018 14:53

One more vote from me for Tattoo You. If there's not enough studio cuts, give us live versions...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home