Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone else feel a little bit let down?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 25, 2017 00:04

GasLightStreet
buttons67
2 questions here.

1. is the uk 2018 tour going to happen or is it just hearsay.

2. can i be the first to moan about the sterile setlist.

and yes i do feel a little let down, no uk gig since 2013 and no scottish gig since 2006 i think.

Too late. The tour isn't for eons and we already know what they're gonna play and people have already moaned about it. Just because they know - the newest song will be from 1981 unless Keith does Slipping Away. Etc.

The recent tour name - it didn't really mean anything, did it. No Filter... of our greatest hits. Woo hoo - they played Dancing With Mr D and the odd other track here or there but... it's been the same since (enter whatever year here).

Another interesting way of looking at this (which I pondered in the Imelda May thread), and this is not a complaint or a whine, but if you look at the setlist from the final Paris show, only six songs out of twenty were played from the Ronnie era. This includes IORR (which he wasn't even a member of the band yet), as well as two recent blues covers. So Ronnie only gets to play in four original tunes that he had something to do with in the studio. Yes they played You Got Me Rocking and Out of Control at a couple of other shows, but they weren't a consistent part of the No Filter setlists as the others Ronnie era tunes were. What does all this mean? Not sure...but Ronnie must still feel like a sideman for most of the show, and maybe it indicates they're simply an oldies act which isn't too flattering of a term for any band imo.

Whatever the case, keep on rolling...thumbs up

Re: Anyone else feel a little bit let down?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 25, 2017 00:10

Exactly. Mick hates nostalgia but he sure loves singing it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home