Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
THE SET LIST IS GETTING BORING!!!!
Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: September 17, 2005 15:19

I'm an enormous stones fan (as you all probably are) but I'm getting very frustrated just by seeing the set lists from every show.It's being changed to a minimum effect-plus if they really have to play stuff like satisfaction and JJF they should re-arrange it(check out the version on Get your leeds lungs out)!Wouldn't it be great if the motto of this tour was "THE NO SATISFACTION TOUR"!And yes as I saw my many fellow stones fans are dissapointed by lack of new songs being played.Wouldn't it be great if Keith would change Infamy in favour of This place is empty and they should add at least four more songs from the album-She saw me coming,It won't take long-and isn't Streets of love the new single?Well they arent promoting it at all!And it's such a great sing-along song.Well I just wonder how they aren't bored by the set themselves-I rally hope there'll be some changes made!

Re: THE SET LIST IS GETTING BORING!!!!
Posted by: salar ()
Date: September 17, 2005 15:29

Iam still hoping...and I guess they will change the setlist within
the next 2 months, by adding much more songs from ABB.
If they won`t....it would be a standard licks show only,
and than I would be deeply dissapointed by them.

But lets wait and hope and see.

CUonABBtour
salar

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 17, 2005 15:47

>> I'm getting very frustrated just by seeing the set lists from every show. <<

maybe you should consider not reading them?
i don't know why, but somehow reading set lists is not quite the same as being there.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: September 17, 2005 17:12

They saving the rare songs for Europe (at least I hope so)

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: September 17, 2005 17:15

Unless your going to every show why would you care? They are playing all over the counrty to reach as many different people as they can. Of course the songs for the most part are going to be the same. Most people only see them once and are quite SATISFIED. Why compare each set list as they go unless you at each show? I don't understand?

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 17, 2005 18:03

There is way to much bitching about the set list who cares what there playing just as long as they still are because 15 years from know when there not playing live anymore will all be wishing for them to be playing JJF. or Satisfaction.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: September 17, 2005 18:10

Agree with Markdog.
They already have played 31 different songs after the 10th show of the tour. That means some variety. I appreciate the fact that they are performing songs rarely played during Licks Tour. She So Cold and 19th Nervous Breakdown hadn't been played on Licks. Out t of Control played once, Shattered 4 times, Heartbraker 4, Beast of Burden 4, Ruby Tuesday 4, the Worst 6. Also, PIB 15,All Down the Line 26. And remember, during Licks Tour the did 117 concerts...

"They should add at least four more songs from the new album"

Disagree, llaushin. Even ABB is a marvellous album 8 new songs (out of 20-21) would be too much. With the exception of 1972 tour (9 songs from Exile played, 9 out of 17-18!) the Stones never did something like that. Personaly i say "fortunately", because always hate the idea of "a new album's list".

Date: September 17, 2005 18:15

I say keep Satisfaction.They left it out already in the U.S. '99 shows + all but 3 or 4 '78 shows.It's time for Honkey Tonk Women or Tumbling Dice to get a break,maybe even Start Me Up.

Date: September 17, 2005 18:19

Rickster says: "15 years from know when there not playing live anymore will all be wishing for them to be playing JJF or Satisfaction"

Hmm... Forget the future, stay in the present. Who the hell believes that the big majority of the crowds is tired of hearing JJF or Satisfaction? The audiences love them. But some of the "hardcore fans" of the Stones are so egoists...

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: September 17, 2005 18:22

I'm looking forward to the concerts in Seattle and Portland. Motley Crue will certainly kick som major ass for sure. With this in mind I'm not too worried about a static setlist and the intention of playing a hell of a lot of them warhorses. Too fast for love performed by Motley will make me feel like in heaven any time. Girls, girls ,girls.

Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: September 17, 2005 18:31

Yeah you got a point there-it's not the same reading set lists as being there (I would freak out if they would play Satisfaction when I'm present),BUT...I'm feeling kind of sorry for them 'cause lets face it-they don't improvise that much on the numbers they are repeating and I'm really surprised that Keith didn't change a thing from the tour start.And what's more they're the ......g Rolling stones they don't have to "please" anyone,they don't have to be predictable,they could play the whole ABB live and get away with it!!
And yes-I think Symphathy should also be left out!

Date: September 17, 2005 18:33

Theif in the Night i could agree with you about TD, but not about SMU or HTW. In my opinion the "key" isn't to play less than 6-8 "worhorses", but to start replacing a few others, "common" songs. For example say "goodbye" to I Got Me Rocking and perform something like I Go Wild or One Hit To The Body.

Date: September 17, 2005 18:37

That would be nice.6-8 warhorses should be good.

Date: September 17, 2005 18:40

"They could play the whole ABB live and get away with it!!"

And keeping the same row, llaushin? 1) Rought Justice 2) Let Me Down Slow....

OK, you must love ABB. Me too!!

Date: September 17, 2005 18:53

"Thief", now the warhorses are not much more. Just nine. I vote "get out Miss You". Do you want another vote? Tumbling Dice, even i like it.
But that's a personal taste, of course. I never loved Miss You but i know a lot of people like it, unfortunately...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 17, 2005 19:02

Did you go to any of the shows? The shows are not built to be read about in the papers, but about experiencing them live. If you see the reviews then you will see what people who go to the shows really feel about the shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:14

Miss you, which imo is a classic recording in its original form, is hard & funky & bluesy this time. I agree w/ Markdog - pre internet no one followed setlists minutes after each night's shows. And from all the boots, books, research, etc, in '72 they usually did NOT play 9 songs (out of an average 15 - 16 songs per set!) - remember BS, Bitch, MR, Love In Vain, JJF, YCAGWYW, Gimmie Shelter, Street Fighting Man, & a Chuck Berry number (or 2) all were regulars. More like around 6 songs from Exile. The tour w/ the most new material was probably Some Girls in '78.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:15

They could kick Sympathy out of the list for areana shows but not Stadiums that is simply the best song that is made for a Stadium show.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:49

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you go to any of the shows? The shows are not
> built to be read about in the papers, but about
> experiencing them live. If you see the reviews
> then you will see what people who go to the shows
> really feel about the shows.
>
> Bjornulf

OK, Bjornulf. One could see it the way you do. My point is that they have a great new album out and play just three songs (2 x Jagger vocals, 1x Keith vocals) in their regular set, with Back Of My Hand thrown in just occasionally. The rest is oldies, You Got Me Rocking the "youngest" track. If they can get away with a show like this, ok then. But I won't bother to see more than one show this time. And a lot of fellow Stones fans who did go to many shows during past tours think exactly the same. I don't care for the stage size or the light show or the moving B-stage, I care for the music. And I'd like to add that a band who obviously has so little confidence in their new material, instead playing it safe every night with warhorses one could hear in mostly any shows since decades could hardly be called "alive". That's my point.

Of course, if there still are fans out there who get wet panties from sheer excitement when the band storms into Satisfaction or stuff alike, fine for the band.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:59

Completely agree with BV - changing set list because we want to read a different set-list every day????

You go and watch it.... The majority of the attenders only see them once every consert.... some diehard fans see them 2 or more shows..... but the shows are made for them, who only see them once......

I saw them in Chicago - a great show.... and I am going to see them in Europe as well, probably a couple of times.......

Most of the other groups like U2 etc.... use more or less the same set-list every night, why should the Stones be different......

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:18

Black or White. The setlists sucks or its perfect.
I would lik more songs from ABB (TPIE, IWBL & LMDS in particular)
and one or two 'new' (=semi-forgotten) gems* per continent or so.

* Not from Under Cover

Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:23

I think you can not be very dissapointed going to a show. I have been to dussins and lataly I was bored in the end when the hit songs came on. That is why I never went to the Licks shows. To top it off we have the dvd when all these songs been played to death. Get ride of them! Where is the creativity? That is what you miss as Stones fan.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:41

i went to the chicago show. i knew every song coming,but i loved every minute of it! u can't see them live and not have fun. it doesn't work that way. in ten years we'll be putting up posts talking about their abb concerts because they will be gone(at least from stadiums)

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 17, 2005 23:06

Maybe we call all just start handing out stickers at shows that say "NO HOTROCKS!". Its a dream, and a good dream, but it aint hap'nin. We're a minority. The elite. The hardcores. I know very few 'fans' who have bootlegs. Here in Louisville I'd say I know about 4 hardcore fans. I'm sure there are others but thats all I know.

The only good news I can bring to your attention is the fact that they're reportedly done Sway during a soundcheck on this tour, aside from all the rehearsals. So its likely they'll still bringout some gems. Here's hoping they'll bring it out in Columbus this coming Saturday!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 17, 2005 23:08

The great thing about at least a little change in the set list each night, is that the audience would feel special. That`s what we want really, knowing that just tonight they played a couple of new ones that the others didn`t get, just because that`s just what they wanted to play this night, in for example Cleveland.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: September 17, 2005 23:51

It is wrong to say that only hard core fans needs some variation or creativity, everybody wants it and it shows because they are not selling out. In Detroit I could have bought 12 front row tickets the same day as the show. If they did more to the set list all fans would scope up the tickets in a heartbeat.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: September 18, 2005 00:44

sticky dion ihate to correct you but some girls tour was 17-18 songs,8 of which were off some girls album.and the show and tour rocked.my opinion i saw msg and giant stadium ,both shows were amazing,best i ever saw them,-but if your calling the tour a bigger bang i assume you would like to push new songs.

john scialfa

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 18, 2005 00:49

It bores me too. But we're just spoiled. Back in the days you hardly knew ANYTHING about the tour on the way to the concert.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 18, 2005 02:10

"I was bored in the end when the hit songs came on".

-Well, if only more concert goers would be like you. I have personally seen people in the first half of the set behaving bored and talking to each other, while waiting for Honky Tonk Women, + 3-4 more to come. So that`s the level. That`s the people one has to stand shoulders to shoulders among. It`s a shame!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 18, 2005 02:36

You know 99% of all the people in the crowd at a venue is going to this one show only. They will be very disappointed if they don't get to hear Satisfaction and all those other greatest hits. If they played 6-8 songs from ABB then people would be totally disappointed. They do already start looking for other songs when they play RJ and Infamy you know. The set list is not made for super-fans, but for normal people. Simple as that. And what is wrong with JJF and BS? If you want to get rid of JJF then you haven't seen/heard it on this tour. Or STFTD...

Bjornulf

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home