Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Accused of Sexual Misconduct - The Official List
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:46

“I did try & f ck her. She was married. I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. I just start kissing them. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything—grab them by the p ssy.
You can do anything.” Donald Trump

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:46

I like to think that I can stand up for myself and fight my own fights. It’s hard to admit that this one can’t be won without the support of men, but it’s true, and I thank the men who get it and aren’t afraid to add their voices.

Men, imagine... you are working for a man who treats you this way. Imagine! Because he wants to, because he can.

I have been lucky enough to have met a number of IORRians, mostly men. A really, truly great bunch of guys - smart, funny, welcoming, inclusive, some a bit flirty (yeah, that’s still allowed) and I am truly grateful. I like guys, most of my friends are guys. Most women feel the same.

Most women aren’t looking to scorch the earth, just as most men aren’t the issue. But men don’t share this experience. This won’t be solved without thoughtful discussion, and this likely isn’t the place for that. But please, let’s have it somewhere.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:52

Not necessarily, DP. But these battues comes and goes. And to be pointed out publicly anonymously, not being able to defend yourself, must be hell. These battues tends to oversteer as they go along.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 21, 2017 17:05

MisterDDDD
“I did try & f ck her. She was married. I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. I just start kissing them. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything—grab them by the p ssy.
You can do anything.” Donald Trump
Interestingly, Hollywood has so far done a better job of policing itself than the government (or at least the Republican Party).

Hopefully this supreme scumbag gets his comeuppance eventually.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2017 17:24

For sure we are not blessed with political leadership of high dignity these days. Wherever we live.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 21, 2017 17:39

SomeTorontoGirl
I like to think that I can stand up for myself and fight my own fights. It’s hard to admit that this one can’t be won without the support of men, but it’s true, and I thank the men who get it and aren’t afraid to add their voices.

Men, imagine... you are working for a man who treats you this way. Imagine! Because he wants to, because he can.

I have been lucky enough to have met a number of IORRians, mostly men. A really, truly great bunch of guys - smart, funny, welcoming, inclusive, some a bit flirty (yeah, that’s still allowed) and I am truly grateful. I like guys, most of my friends are guys. Most women feel the same.

Most women aren’t looking to scorch the earth, just as most men aren’t the issue. But men don’t share this experience. This won’t be solved without thoughtful discussion, and this likely isn’t the place for that. But please, let’s have it somewhere.

thumbs up
Charlie Rose surprised me, he has a sophisticated smart girlfriend (who is his age) and he has decentcy come through his interviews. In reading a little of the claims against him, all young women (20’s) hired to work for him as an assistant.
He would make a pass, while alone w/ the female in his car while he was driving, or, alone at his house working. So I thought to myself while reading ‘he put his hand on my thigh while driving, left it there, I didn't know what to do, etc.’
I thought: working situation, you immediately and politely stop the move and lie ‘I have a boyfriend, sorry’ to save your bosses ego/ something.
But then I realize hmmm they were all hired in their 20’s, single.
AND, What is Worse, his manager DID receive complaints from the young women ‘he’s calling me w/ sex fantasy scenario’ and it was shrugged off.
THAT is the abuse: kowtowing to this abusive behavior to keep your job.

Date: November 21, 2017 17:42

Furthermore, as far as it being a list of ‘men’
the women abusers I see being outed on a regular basis are the
young female school teachers (often attractive)
who have affairs with male students under 18.
VOMIT.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 21, 2017 17:44

I wouldnt trust anybody with a name like Sicilian

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:04

RoughJusticeOnYa
No offence to you sharing this, Sicilian -
it's a news item, so it suits (OT-)discussion...
(In fact: thanx for sharing!)

But my question here, more or less 'in general':
should we really 'go' there, all of us (as a society) together...? an "official" list ?!... Réally?? Is that what...

(Oh, never mind. Getting old, I presume. What a drag thàt is...)

Carry on.

Sorry for title, I wanted to make sure BV would allow it, and that any bombshell revelations would be dumped in here. You all know how he likes to consolidate threads. Please feel free to add or discuss anyone outside the list.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:05

There is a strain of Puritanism about all of this that I find troubling.

The failure of the media to discern the difference between Louis C.K.'s creepy but mostly pathetic and sad behavior with Weinstein's total abuse of power pisses me off. Same with Franken's obviously staged photo, evoking Animal House frat boy antics.

This is a must-read perspective on Al Franken:

[medium.com]

The problem with the whole sexual harassment thing is that once you start digging, pretty much EVERYONE is guilty. And worse is when they start going after people who don't condemn their friends. (See Slate taking Jon Stewart to task for not throwing his friend Louis C.K. under the bus.[www.slate.com]) Have these people never heard of loyalty?

The story about Russell Simmons--a guy who admits he was a dog when he was young--means that music stars (who were probably exempt because they never pretended to reside on moral high ground) are fair game.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath and watch The Lives of Others and The Crucible.

Date: November 21, 2017 18:12

The music industry so far, has been pretty much immune, and you would think that it would top the list. But if some big star ever got outed it might trigger an avalanche.

Date: November 21, 2017 18:14

Cooltoplady
I wouldnt trust anybody with a name like Sicilian

Yeah, that kiss on the cheek can be fatal.

Date: November 21, 2017 18:20

The Sicilian
The music industry so far, has been pretty much immune, and you would think that it would top the list. But if some big star ever got outed it might trigger an avalanche.
I was just thinking that this morning. I'm amazed this hasn't effected the music industry...yet.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:22

SomeTorontoGirl

Man is who accused Spacey in the first place. And I can imagine he/them not to be isolated cases. BUT
There's a huge BUT in the way this is spreading as rough justice via media and social media where non need to a proper procedure seems needed to assess circumstances, differentiate between different kind of abuse and or misconduct, differentiate between victims and possible boasters.

ridley scott is shooting again scenes with cristopher plummer as getty to get rid of spacey's image from a movie due to hit the theaters in a month.. what's next public bonfire of any past spacey's recorded image?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 18:23 by maumau.

Date: November 21, 2017 18:22

While on the subject of kissing on the cheek, do you suppose a woman could construe that as making a pass or harassment? Americans other than family, usually don't greet each other in this manner but it is customary in many European settings. Are European men more conscious of this greeting now with strangers? Or if someone made an issue of it, do you think it would come to a halt?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:28

So...wondering what happens with Bill Cosby after the recent mistrial? Prosecutor says there will be a retrial, but what about the dozens of other women who have accused him of drugging and raping them? Not sure how many, or if any, of them are filing lawsuits against him, but if so will the rest of his life be lived out in courtrooms?

I didn't read all of this as it's quite lengthy (I'd rather read about the Stones this morning), but it's mind boggling to scroll through all of it.

Bill Cosby: A 50-year chronicle of accusations and accomplishments

Date: November 21, 2017 18:32

The Sicilian
While on the subject of kissing on the cheek, do you suppose a woman could construe that as making a pass or harassment? Americans other than family, usually don't greet each other in this manner but it is customary in many European settings. Are European men more conscious of this greeting now with strangers? Or if someone made an issue of it, do you think it would come to a halt?

NO. And let’s not get ridiculous which shadows the true nasty serial abusers.
Which I think is your point.
I can’t stomach discussing individual cases, I did bring up Charlie Rose.
I wanted to add:
Unless it is written in the employment contract,
that boss X will be driving me around alone in his car,
we will be working alone in his private home,
he is allowed to telephone me all hours of the night (probably drunk)
NO PLACE FOR IT IN THE BUSINESS WORLD.
Hopefully the corporations will now make the high ranking executives take the sexual harassment course instead of us underlings who say DUH
AND woman will now use a line I used myself once while trapped in an office at 23,
IS THIS IN MY EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT?
I don’t remember it in my job description.
(I actually said that! And it worked)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 18:35 by 35love.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:32

I'm in no way condoning here with my statement of what the above statements Women in general are reporting from over the years, but now living in the State of Snowflake Liberal America, I'll have to think twice now before just asking a Lady out for lunch or dinner......SAD...........

Date: November 21, 2017 18:36

BamaStone
I'm in no way condoning here with my statement of what the above statements Women in general are reporting from over the years, but now living in the State of Snowflake Liberal America, I'll have to think twice now before just asking a Lady out for lunch or dinner......SAD...........

I here that. And the problem is that one accusation and you're guilty. Two accusations and you're resigning or fired. You have no defense if their out to get ya.

Date: November 21, 2017 18:37

BamaStone

No, you don’t. Please don’t blanket us. For years we women been handling this on our own.
ETA: BUT, if they work for you, are receiving a salary from you or same employer
no, go socially elsewhere, or buyer beware.
Basic common business sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 18:43 by 35love.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:47

A witchhunt indeed!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2017 18:51

Stoneage
Not necessarily, DP. But these battues comes and goes. And to be pointed out publicly anonymously, not being able to defend yourself, must be hell. These battues tends to oversteer as they go along.

I agree Stoneage, that there is the risk of oversteering, as you put it, in all this. But I don't see where most of the current flood of accusations are anonymous, in fact it's the opposite. It's also hell to be Juanita Broaddrick or a Leigh Corfman and have people call you a liar, a slut, and a gold digger.

HR departments will be busy with staging mandatory sexual harassment training (we've already had a session where I work), and Roy Moore will get elected. Those in power usually find a way to hold onto it. I honestly don't see much changing in the long run, though I'd like to be wrong.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: November 21, 2017 19:04

keefriff99
Who was re-elected President in 2004? Which party gained seats in the 2002 midterm? You must be suffering from dementia if you think 2004 was the "Clinton" era.

Who was in the U.S. Senate from 2001-2009? Who ran for president in 2008? Who was Secretary of State from 2009-2013? Who ran for president again in 2016?

The "Clinton era" didn't end with Bill's presidency.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: November 21, 2017 19:04

Just wondering when male rockstars like Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Steven Tyler ...
- you name them- will start to sue women who jumped on the stage,
watched for them at the back entries and grabbed them without beeing officially allowed to do so.
Would be fun. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 21, 2017 19:32

BamaStone
Well then...you're a @#$%& clueless idiot.

Date: November 21, 2017 19:33

Jah Paul
keefriff99
Who was re-elected President in 2004? Which party gained seats in the 2002 midterm? You must be suffering from dementia if you think 2004 was the "Clinton" era.

Who was in the U.S. Senate from 2001-2009? Who ran for president in 2008? Who was Secretary of State from 2009-2013? Who ran for president again in 2016?

The "Clinton era" didn't end with Bill's presidency.
She was irrelevant in 2004. The original post was a ridiculous assertion that somehow Clinton was behind the Weinstein story getting punted.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: November 21, 2017 19:35

keefriff99
BamaStone
Well then...you're a @#$%& clueless idiot.

really clueless. Ignorant

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2017 19:39

Rape, Murder, Abuse, Violence, Terror, Domestic Violence, old and dirty men offending young - or old - women, dirty young men offending women, all these sorts of offence are totally unacceptaple. I can't see one single reason why I should allow discussing such offending activity here on IORR.

Feel free to discuss such totally OFF TOPIC subjects other places, but I do not want to open up the IORR forum for any person who want to defend offensive abuse of other people. Sorry.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2424
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home