Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - Accused of Sexual Misconduct - The Official List
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 21, 2017 07:51

With today's addition of Charlie Rose, the list keeps on growing:

[NY Times List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct]

Note: The NY Times list includes only accusations of sexual misconduct that were made against men in the United States, that were made since The New York Times published its investigation into Harvey Weinstein on Oct. 5, and after which there has been public fallout, like a resignation or an inquiry. The dates in the table indicate when news broke of accusations against each man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 07:57 by The Sicilian.

Re: OT - Accused of Sexual Misconduct - The Official List
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 21, 2017 09:39

Witch hunt, that is. It seems every man who ever impermissibly grabbed a woman's behind is now accussed of sexual harrassment.
Another big fuss that will finally fizzle out, as always.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:04

Surprised I'm not on the list, I once kissed my beloved Rottweiler on the forehead whilst we were out walking and playing in the park ........ does that count ? Not only that, I rubbed her stomach as well !

Guilty as charged, cos' she was GORGEOUS ! If ever there was a female stomach that was totally irresistible .... hers was it !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:09

Yeah its the year of the witch-hunt ....
And like how many have used their yam to get what they want ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:18

It will be interesting to see what the results are... in the long run.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:03

Not exactly 'A' List celebrities are they?
And no women on the list!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:08

Meise
Witch hunt, that is. It seems every man who ever impermissibly grabbed a woman's behind is now accussed of sexual harrassment.

Wow... You are aware that "impermissibly grabbed" is pretty much the definition of sexual harassment, right?
Witch hunts, by the way, where the practice where women were treated like rubbish because men could get away with it. Sounds familiar?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:19

The "Weinstein" story was all ready to go in 2004 -- but that was still the "Clinton era", which officially ended with Billary's election defeat in 2016.

How ironic that all these left-leaning Hollywood, etc., women have the election of Trump to thank for this new "cultural shift".

Say, why haven't Bill and Hillary Clinton given back all those million$ that H. Weinstein donated to their campaigns? It's all "blood money", isn't it?

Sorry to inject politics, but this thread wouldn't exist without it.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:24

No offence to you sharing this, Sicilian -
it's a news item, so it suits (OT-)discussion...
(In fact: thanx for sharing!)

But my question here, more or less 'in general':
should we really 'go' there, all of us (as a society) together...? an "official" list ?!... Réally?? Is that what...

(Oh, never mind. Getting old, I presume. What a drag thàt is...)

Carry on.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:25

Rockman
Yeah its the year of the witch-hunt ....
And like how many have used their yam to get what they want ...

Humanity rears its ugly Head...

Date: November 21, 2017 11:57

stonehearted
The "Weinstein" story was all ready to go in 2004 -- but that was still the "Clinton era", which officially ended with Billary's election defeat in 2016.

How ironic that all these left-leaning Hollywood, etc., women have the election of Trump to thank for this new "cultural shift".

Say, why haven't Bill and Hillary Clinton given back all those million$ that H. Weinstein donated to their campaigns? It's all "blood money", isn't it?

Sexual harrassment is bigger than any politician.

No matter how it was released, it's good that the weaker part in a power relationship gets heard.

Weinstein is just one of a countless bunch of jerks.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 21, 2017 12:00

I'm just wondering if there is also a list of all those lusty middle-aged women making sassy remarks to younger males, or reaching for their behinds ... or whatchawant ...

Or is this only good for a quick joke in The Big Bang Theory?

As I said, just wondering ...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 21, 2017 13:20

Charlie Rose has made the list .

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: November 21, 2017 14:25

OT? Yeah, way off topic. This may as well be www.beta_male.com. The "official list"...?! What a crock of shit. How soon some forget the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

Date: November 21, 2017 14:30

matxil
Wow... You are aware that "impermissibly grabbed" is pretty much the definition of sexual harassment, right?

You are aware that the definition of sexual harassment has been expanded to include nearly every human behavior, to include staring, right?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 21, 2017 14:30

Every one of the accused deserves a fair hearing, but this is far from a witch hunt, this is indicative of an abuse of power IN THE WORKPLACE that has been endemic for decades with no consequences. This is not about misunderstandings in dating scenarios. This is not about whether women or men flirt more. This is about what women have had to tolerate - with no support from management - in order to have a damn job. This is about men in positions of power feeling entitled to a woman’s body as well as her work product. Is the pendulum swinging a bit wide in a few cases (really, Al Franken?)? Of course, it always does until there is a correction. But this is not - for the most part - about women making unjustified accusations, it is about many men finally being held to account and not liking it one little bit. Talk to women! #MeToo

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 21, 2017 14:37

stonehearted

Lol.
From a supporter of the admitted sexual assaulter/p*ssy grabber/accused rapist in chief. Rich. (and I don't think you're "sorry" at all...more like obsessed )

Date: November 21, 2017 14:37

StonedInTokyo
matxil

You are aware that the definition of sexual harassment has been expanded to include nearly every human behavior, to include staring, right?

I swore I wasn’t going to go here, but YES! When I was in my 20s, I worked for a manager who could not tell you the eye colour of any woman on the floor. It didn’t matter - young, old, attractive or not - he stared at our chests for the full duration of every conversation EVERY TIME. I was trying to build a career. Everyone knew. Everyone talked about it, including the other managers. HR knew. Nobody did a thing. I worked with that for 2 years, finally resorting to holding file folders across my chest during team meetings. One ballsy woman finally had enough and stared at his crotch when he called her to his desk - he got so nervous he couldn’t hold a pen. I called him the Yellow Bellied Tit Glancer. Do you want your daughters to have to accept this every workday in order to keep a damn job? #MeToo

Date: November 21, 2017 14:52

SomeTorontoGirl
I swore I wasn’t going to go here, but YES! When I was in my 20s, I worked for a manager who could not tell you the eye colour of any woman on the floor. It didn’t matter - young, old, attractive or not - he stared at our chests for the full duration of every conversation EVERY TIME. I was trying to build a career. Everyone knew. Everyone talked about it, including the other managers. HR knew. Nobody did a thing. I worked with that for 2 years, finally resorting to holding file folders across my chest during team meetings. One ballsy woman finally had enough and stared at his crotch when he called her to his desk - he got so nervous he couldn’t hold a pen. I called him the Yellow Bellied Tit Glancer. Do you want your daughters to have to accept this every workday in order to keep a damn job? #MeToo

#MeToo?! Seriously? For THAT? What I don't see in your recollection is ANY reasonable, direct adult response to being made to feel uncomfortable in the workplace. In fact, you essentially commend a female co-worker for resorting to the same behavior. #Hypocrisy

Date: November 21, 2017 14:55

StonedInTokyo
matxil

You mentioned "impermissibly grabbing". Well, yes, you're damn right it's sexual harassment, and you damn right it should be a reason to fire someone.
Now you mention staring. And, yes, you're damn right staring down a woman's blouse or under her skirt, or in a lascivious way *without her permission and against her will* is sexual harassment.
And no, you're damn wrong that that definion has been expanded, it's always been exactly that. It's only now that, apparantly, it's taken a bit more seriously. And apparantly, a lot of men are getting really scared.

Date: November 21, 2017 14:56

The reasonable response was talking to HIM and asking him to stop (he didn’t), talking to other managers, talking to HR, then ultimately coming up with a survival tactic to get through it. It wasn’t a secret. It was accepted and permitted. Give the men a fair hearing - but give the women one too, it’s about bloody time. #MeToo

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: November 21, 2017 14:57

paulywaul
Surprised I'm not on the list, I once kissed my beloved Rottweiler on the forehead whilst we were out walking and playing in the park ........ does that count ? Not only that, I rubbed her stomach as well !

Guilty as charged, cos' she was GORGEOUS ! If ever there was a female stomach that was totally irresistible .... hers was it !

Kissing a Rottweiler, fully crazy man, when I see this king of dog in the street, I am not quiet!

Date: November 21, 2017 15:07

SomeTorontoGirl
The reasonable response was talking to HIM and asking him to stop (he didn’t), talking to other managers, talking to HR, then ultimately coming up with a survival tactic to get through it. It wasn’t a secret. It was accepted and permitted. Give the men a fair hearing - but give the women one too, it’s about bloody time. #MeToo

thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 21, 2017 15:28

stonehearted

Who was re-elected President in 2004? Which party gained seats in the 2002 midterm? You must be suffering from dementia if you think 2004 was the "Clinton" era.

Roy Moore, Bill O'Reilly, Roger Ailes, Eric Bolling...your side has plenty of scumbags. Of course you probably think all THOSE accusations are bogus. Your fellow Republicans couldn't possibly be scumbags.

Now cue your "Oh, I hate BOTH sides. I'm not a Republican...HONEST" shtick.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 21, 2017 15:45

Please no politics...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:02

It's the same here in Sweden. A new celebrity or politician falling every day. Some of them has to flee the country.
I guess there will be a backlash to this reversed witch-hunt in due time. But for now the hunt is on...

Date: November 21, 2017 16:10

Stoneage
It's the same here in Sweden. A new celebrity or politician falling every day. Some of them has to flee the country.
I guess there will be a backlash to this reversed witch-hunt in due time. But for now the hunt is on...

Is this a bad thing, Stoneage?

Date: November 21, 2017 16:28

Women come out with some of the most terrible stories, and how they've been ignored, not believed or even blamed for ages. And still some men think *men* are the victim... Wow...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:39

I don't know one woman personally who has not faced some form of unwanted sexual attention. This sort of thing has been ignored ALWAYS. When in my 20s, I went to HR to complain about a revolting comment/gesture that was directed to me. The response I got was "we know, that's how Jack is but what can we do"? The good old days...for men.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2017 16:45

Meise

You think this is no big deal? My youngest daughter called me scared and upset because some jerk "impermissibly" grabbed her behind while she was on the subway. If I'd have been there I'd have punched him where it hurts most.
It's about abuse of power in the workplace and the right for women AND men to be able to safely report it and have it taken seriously with an investigation that is fair to both the accuser and the accused. That has not been the case. One of Charlie Rose's accuser was fired because she confided in a friend and it got back to Rose. Women are speaking out now because the climate seems to have changed from that type of situation to one where they feel like they will not automatically demonized, shamed, or fired. Does that mean that they are all telling the truth? That's up to the legal system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 16:49 by latebloomer.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home