Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More ABB LIVE!
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 17, 2005 12:51

Is it tooo much to ask that they play some more songs off ABB?

I understand that the band are playing a stable setlist. By keeping simular setlists they are able to take there performances to a level they cannot acheive by constantly changing songs.

But I listen to ABB and I feel like i have been conned in a way. I am told that is is there best album in decades. I buy it, and wow it is really good. But the band don't play it. I am left feeling a bit duped . I sit at home listening to great songs that would take off to a new level live. Dangerous beauty, It won't take long, man there are so many.

YGMR has that great break in the middle when Charlie cuts out for a few beats. It sends a chill thru the stadium. Dangerous Beauty would do the same.

I love Rough Justice and ONNYA, but Back of My Hand could be rotated with some more new songs.

Please , Please play these songs! LWTCDI, DTF and LIND too. This band does not have another 20 years to suddenly realise they missed some gems. They keep doing this. Please play these songs!

Re: More ABB in concert when the Stones freakin feel like it
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 17, 2005 13:55

right, sure, we've been "duped" - a great album & a kickass tour, what a ripoff!

(sorry Uz2bstoned - this may not really be directed at you; your post is simply handy for launching my rant.) the Stones will play more from ABB when they're good and ready - and meanwhile i don't get what people are dissatisfied with, or what difference it makes to anyone what they play at shows they aren't even at. what, the insatiable boot collectors are already disappointed in their yield from the 2005 tour? well surprise surprise - the point of the shows isn't the bootlegs, it's to blow away the people who are at them, and that's sure what they seem to be doing, no matter what the rest of us sit at home imagining about it.

yesterday when James Kirk - [iorr.org] - listed a bunch of factors working against the Stones he left out
8: a whole lot of consumer-style public who aren't happy no matter what the band does.

our love is like our music - it's here, and then
it's ripped - proliferated all over the globe -
rewound replayed dissected analyzed debated as compared with 117 other renditions -
and then released on an official concert disk that gets sneered at because "we already have this"

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-17 13:58 by with sssoul.

Re: More ABB LIVE!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 17, 2005 14:11

Yeah you tell withssssoul...Stones have given so much yet DaVinci only gave us one version of Mona....!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: September 17, 2005 14:38

So sorry for having a differing opinion from yours. I will promptly stop posting. I realise now I am a very sad person for asking something so stupid.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 17, 2005 14:52

Jeez!

the band have played nearly 4 songs at every show

not many bands of that age do that from a new album

for example. the last time i saw AC/DC, at Hockenheim, they didn't play a single song recorded after 1990!

and their last album was pretty good as well

they can't play everything. the majority of concert goers want to hear the classics not new stuff that's been out for 5 minutes. especially when you've paid 400 dollars!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home