Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HBO
Posted by: jrg104 ()
Date: September 17, 2005 07:01

Any chance of another LIVE HBO concert.

Re: HBO
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: September 17, 2005 15:47

I wonder as well - if only for the stereo recording.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 17, 2005 16:10

I think that this is unlikely, given the similar set list and the relatively recent broadcast of the Licks show. For HBO it's tantamount to replaying programming.

My guess is that HBO would rather show a different group or artist than show the Stones a second time in something like an MSG setting. The average HBO subscriber probably wouldn't see anything good about another Stones concert.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 17, 2005 16:32

Many other good shows on HBO comingup.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 17, 2005 17:55

Get real a Stones show on HBO would get huge ratings regardless of the set list.

Date: September 17, 2005 18:01

The Stones and/or their people will almost definitely come up with some kind of broadcast of a show from this tour but,we'll have to wait & see.I doubt HBO.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 17, 2005 18:04

True it could be a pay per view like onthe B2B tour.

Posted by: main offender ()
Date: September 17, 2005 20:06

The MSG 1/18/06 looks promising for HBO. It was titled the Stones Big Night and is arround the same date as last tours HBO show.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 17, 2005 21:05

I wish they did. I sadly can't receive it here. But I'm sure some fellow Stones-fan would tape it and share it.

Re: HBO, No Marty...PLEASE
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 17, 2005 23:00

I would like to see one BUT with a different director. The Licks Director, Marty C, in my opinion ruined it with fast, headache camera cuts. He uses too many cameras and feels everyone must be used for2-3 seconds at a time..and, "Hey guitar solo, CUT to the drummer. 2nd guitar solo, CUT to girl wearing Stones t-shirt waving. You get what I mean? Is it wrong to show one angle for more than 5 seconds?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2005 23:29

I'm sure there'll be a pay per view show but theyre not necessarily on HBO

I think only the Licks one was HBO?

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 19, 2005 08:16

trainaro;;in - you are totally right man. This is the rpblem IMO with all newer concert videos. Tjis inexplicable need to use a zillion cameras and cut every tow seconds. You are never able to get and idea of the overall vibe on stage, the way they are all playing off each other and interacting, or hands on a guitarneck etc. It's all quick headshots back and forth; sometimes with no seemingly direction at all.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 19, 2005 08:47

The HBO broadcast gave me a headache within 60 seconds of the first song....the strobes and camera cuts.....Chelsea, you are right about newer concert videos. The KISS with the Australian Symphony is unwatchable. The only one I've seen recently that was shot nice was The Doors 21st Century with Ian Ashbury singing.

I would sometimes prefer to see a performance video shot with ONE camera from the soundboard postion and zoomed in to make it seem like you are a few rows back. I'm one that feels "Less is More" no side comments!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home