Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The ZIPPER and the damage done...
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 5, 2017 17:11

When I bought my copy (the vinyl) the guy in the shop looked at me with a stern face and said "Keep the zipper open, you hear?"
In that position the dent in Exile, and in Sticky Fingers itself, was exactly where the hole in the middle of the records was, so my copies sat next to each other for decades without getting damaged.
The 1994 Virgin reissue, with zipper, has a plastic boxlike thingy around it (in fact they all have), so no problem there.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 5, 2017 19:27

SomeGuy
When I bought my copy (the vinyl) the guy in the shop looked at me with a stern face and said "Keep the zipper open, you hear?"
In that position the dent in Exile, and in Sticky Fingers itself, was exactly where the hole in the middle of the records was, so my copies sat next to each other for decades without getting damaged.
The 1994 Virgin reissue, with zipper, has a plastic boxlike thingy around it (in fact they all have), so no problem there.

so let me get this straight. SomeGuy on the internet tells us to pull our zipper down and we won't be damaged.

Come on man, I wasn't born yesterday!

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 8, 2017 05:05

treaclefingers
SomeGuy

so let me get this straight. SomeGuy on the internet tells us to pull our zipper down and we won't be damaged.

Come on man, I wasn't born yesterday!

Imagine, I went like, is this guy (in the record store) joking? But he was dead serious! Probably had had a few customers returning the album or so.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: November 8, 2017 06:20

I've always just kept a piece of corrugated cardboard between Sticky Fingers and Exile. The 12" x 12" cardboard inserts used as filler in record mailers are perfect for this task.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 8, 2017 10:25

By stange coincidence I commented in this zip damage on a Hi Fi forum just the the other day.
t
I's amazing how many copies of Exile bear the scars of a SF zip, indicating previous ownership by a Stones fan with tidy record filing habits grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2017 10:57

Haha... I do recognize the problem here. After realizing the damage done to EXILE cover, I decided to remove the Zipper album out of my vinyl collection, and located it somewhere else. Which had the consequence that from time to time, I didn't know where the album was. Probably for that reason I might have listened STICKY FINGERS less than I have of other Big Four albums... (Which makes me wonder right now, where the hell the album is now....)

- Doxa

Date: November 8, 2017 11:07

The only damage on my SF zipper / the album, I managed to do myself. Guess what, the zipper got stuck... sad smiley

I have other copies now, but it's not the same. My first SF, one of the first Stones-albums I purchased myself, looks very weird smiling smiley

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: November 8, 2017 11:46

DandelionPowderman
The only damage on my SF zipper / the album, I managed to do myself. Guess what, the zipper got stuck... sad smiley

I have other copies now, but it's not the same. My first SF, one of the first Stones-albums I purchased myself, looks very weird smiling smiley

He,he,he

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 8, 2017 13:05

shortfatfanny
Too funny

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 8, 2017 17:44

I have two copies. I place a corrugated cardboard shipping panel on the front side when I put them in the poly sleeve. My copy of Exile does have 30+ year old impressions on it however.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2017 05:39

Doxa
Haha... I do recognize the problem here. After realizing the damage done to EXILE cover, I decided to remove the Zipper album out of my vinyl collection, and located it somewhere else. Which had the consequence that from time to time, I didn't know where the album was. Probably for that reason I might have listened STICKY FINGERS less than I have of other Big Four albums... (Which makes me wonder right now, where the hell the album is now....)

- Doxa

OK, so what I've now is take the album and file it on top of the other vinyls, zipper up, so while it isn't filed chronologically anymore, I know where it is! I have to admit I have a few copies so I've also filed some of them with corrugated cardboard in-between, and I have one copy on a music stand.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home