Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 25 years of "Slide in this" and "Main Offender"
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 7, 2017 11:08

DandelionPowderman
Tonstone
DandelionPowderman
beachbreak
Main Offender is GREAT.

What an opening, 999, Wicked As It Seems and Eileen!

And Words Of Wonder!

But it goes downhill from there, except for the fantastic Hate It When You Leave.

Dandy perhaps, but after giving it another spin tonight, there are some wicked riffs on 'Runnin Too Deep'& 'Will but You Won't'-albeit buried under Steve Jordans Drum Mix.
and 'Demon' is another fine Ballad to close an album - love the loose sound.This Album has just gone up in my estimation.

I really love Demon (especially that little lick in the ending of all the riffs thumbs up ).

Keith's guitar is ace on those two similar rockers, but my beef with them are that they're too similar-sounding + that there's no melody or hook in them (except for maybe the chorus in Will But You Won't).

I love Keith's guitar, but it's drowning everything else in Running Too Deep smiling smiley

I think you shouldn't approach them like (Stones-like) rockers but like two movements of the same basic theme. They are more like a collection of bits and pieces that somehow work together (the ending of Will But You Wont with the backing vocals screaming Will But You Won't! and Keith's voice on top of that, the driving grooves of both songs, the breaks and the re-starts). They are just fun and instead of an odd decision to put them close together (as I thought first) I'm now pretty sure it's done on purpose.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home