Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how is the quality of the ABB tour bootlegs sofar?
Posted by: kees ()
Date: September 16, 2005 10:09

how is the quality of the ABB tour bootlegs sofar?
Better than most of the US leg quality from the Licks tour I hope?

Re: how is the quality of the ABB tour bootlegs sofar?
Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 16, 2005 10:56

as far as I can say by now - NO - the quality of the Licks-shows was much better. But that's maybe because of the venues they've been playing in 2002 - it's easier to make a good recording in a club or an Arena than in a huge stadium - and I know what I'm talking about;-) Remember we have fantastic recordings of Boston 2002, Philadelphia & Chicago clubs 2002 - so far really nothing comes close from the circulating ABB-recordings (and we have at least 3 sources for the very first show at Fenway!).

Date: September 16, 2005 10:57

excuse - 4 sources for Fenway I so far...

Date: September 16, 2005 11:15

thanks for your reply. But do you think the USA LL club recordings are so good?
For me they (the VG releases) are just 'good audience'compared to 'very good/excellent'for the European club recordings.
Dylan, U2 and Springsteen usually all come in very good/excellent releases, also the US gigs whereas the quality from the Stones US recordings (except CC / Rattlesnake) is in general behind in quality.
I just received a great audience recording by the way from the U2 Vertigo stadium gig. Most of the Vertigo tour has excellent recordings.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: September 16, 2005 12:01

I have only one from fenway and it's actually like the ones we had prior to 90/89 quality. Surprisingly bad, when you think that a lot of people speak about the crystal clear sound on both stadium and arena.

Date: September 16, 2005 12:10

kees Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks for your reply. But do you think the USA LL
> club recordings are so good?
> For me they (the VG releases) are just 'good
> audience'compared to 'very good/excellent'for the
> European club recordings.
> Dylan, U2 and Springsteen usually all come in
> very good/excellent releases, also the US gigs
> whereas the quality from the Stones US recordings
> (except CC / Rattlesnake) is in general behind in
> quality.
> I just received a great audience recording by
> the way from the U2 Vertigo stadium gig. Most of
> the Vertigo tour has excellent recordings.

hm...it's very subjective but to me the "state-of-the-art"-recording of the Licks club-shows is Chicago - far better to my ears then Munich, London and the other European club-shows.
But concerning the ABB-shows it's maybe to early to talk about - the real good recordings might have been sold to bootleggers and so they didn't turn up on Dime or wherever until now - so there's hope for better recordings anyway. as you pointed out - there are a few superior actual U2-recordings from stadiums...

Date: September 16, 2005 12:16

Smith, which release of the Chicago club gig do you have? I have both VG and Pignose but both are inferior in quality to Munich and all the other club shows (espec. Paris, Stcokholm and London are in excell. quality av. - Vredenburg and Munich I consider good/very good). The Budokan gig is both in excell. audience and soundboard av.

Date: September 16, 2005 12:25

release? I really don't know anymore - I know I have 2 or 3 Chicago slivers but I'm referring to the CDrs I got by a guy who recorded - absolutely stunning quality with warmth & depth and not so "digital clean" like Stockholm or the even cleaner Budokan - there's too much "empty room" for me because of the digital limits. anyway, I really don't know if this Chicago-recording I'm talking about was booted or another tape was used for the silvers. I can compare when I'm at home if that helps.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 16, 2005 12:28

The 2005 shows I've heard so far have been dreadful - in terms of both quality and performance. No spark whatsoever. One tour too far, I think.

Date: September 16, 2005 12:37

Nikolai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 2005 shows I've heard so far have been
> dreadful - in terms of both quality and
> performance. No spark whatsoever. One tour too
> far, I think.

I think there's a big difference in a) being there and b) listening to the tapes.
with the dull set-lists in mind what can one expect?
I rarely listen anymore to the entire shows, it's boring but on the other hand I'm really looking forward to the European shows I will attend.
All in all I think better to have the Stones in this way than to have no Stones anymore - but that's only my opinion.

Date: September 16, 2005 12:47

Smith, your emailnr. is hidden. But pls. let me know if we can set up a trade
for this Chicago club gig. klandvreugd@hotmail.com

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2005 13:00

Yeah smith please get in touch.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wilco Schepen ()
Date: September 16, 2005 13:13

I agree with Kees that almost any given Dylan or Springsteen audience recording is better than a Stones recording.

My idea is that both Dyland and Springsteen have more fanatic recording fans. And they have of course Crystal Cat, who is recording EACH Springsteen show (not sure for Dylan) with his fantastic mics. It seems that only occasionally he does a Stones show (I remember some MSG stuff from 1998 and some Euro shows). Rattlesnake is also mainly doing the Euro Stones shows.

Ok, so if the occasional Stones taper is inside he may end up with a bad seat somewhere at the back of the field. This simply leads to a bad recording. In Europe you can move around, no seats on the field.

I still don't understand why the Stones don't release each show like Pearl Jam did. I would buy them all! Well not from this tour as the setlist is as boring as can be.

Wilco

Date: September 16, 2005 13:40

kees, rockman - ok for you if I torrent it somewhere as long as it's really a different version? if yes, I'll let you know here as soon as it's up.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 16, 2005 13:42

As far as I have heard

Boston, opening night - mediocre aud recording. worth having as a souvenir if you were there

The others are somehow slighly better.

I am deleting the bad ones and keeping the best available.

So far Detroit is the best - not too bad audience recording: music is more focused, but no depth.

C

Date: September 16, 2005 14:01

Smith, I am interested if it is a different version from the VG one. Let me know what I can do for you. Next week will visit Japan.

Wilco: also the U2 Vertigo tour releases (most on CD-R/trades, not on official labels) are very good and excellent audience recordings. But I agree, CC has the best overall recordings with an overall depth/warmth in them. Mid/Empress V. releases excellent gigs too, but mostly Led Z and Clapton. Their last Cream release is a great 8 CD excellent audience release.

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: September 16, 2005 14:21

Has anyone heard the Hartford 2005 recording? I am looking for that one and any help would be great.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 16, 2005 15:43

I read that security is much tighter now and the SB boots are just not appearing this quickly. They'll be around soon enough. But so far they suck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home