Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Rolling Stones -Future
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 28, 2017 18:58

StonedInTokyo
Let's be honest and objective here, it's time to call it a day. Schedule a 15 date summer farewell tour for Jun-Aug 2018 giving us an opportunity to goodbye.

JUN 2018: JAPAN (2 DATES)
JUL 2018: SOUTH AMERICA (2 DATES)
JUL 2018: NORTH AMERICA (4 DATES)
AUG 2018: EUROPE (2 DATES)
AUG 2018: UK (5 DATES)[/quot

Hahaha.take more pills.please.
Jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 28, 2017 20:09

corriecas
StonedInTokyo
Let's be honest and objective here, it's time to call it a day. Schedule a 15 date summer farewell tour for Jun-Aug 2018 giving us an opportunity to goodbye.

Jeroen

You are just missing the AirBus-380 club concert while cruising around the world. The show starting when passing over NY City.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 28, 2017 23:42

drbryant
They could play small venues, but tickets would be in very high demand as fans come from all corners of the world to see them. I remember the Arena tour where $1800 got you in the tongue pit. I would expect similar prices for theater shows, with most of the best seats being available only on resale sites for $2000 and up. Having spent most of my 2017 entertainment dollars on Paris 2 and games 6 and 7 of the World Series, I would have to pass. I would buy the Blu ray though.
For a moment there it looked like
you'd be getting your money back for those World Series games. The Dodgers didn't look invincible in games 2 and 3, but they took care of business in the ninth in game 4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-29 07:43 by ab.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: October 29, 2017 01:15

corriecas
StonedInTokyo

Jeroen

Its only time to "call it a day" when the Stones want to do so..and only the Stones..

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:49

They will never announce a farewell tour. Quote me.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:18

To me it doesn't matter anymore. They are over the hill since long ago. Nothing sad about that. It happens to us all.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:29

...Over the hill !!! ... did you attend any of the Paris shows .. ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:33

Stoneage
To me it doesn't matter anymore. They are over the hill since long ago. Nothing sad about that. It happens to us all.

I think the last really exciting concerts they did was back in 2007, then in 2012 the tempos were slowed down and many songs started to sound the same every night. But it's still nice to see them live, they still put on a great show in comparsion to the other bands out there. If I want to listen to a concert at home I would never put on ''Havana Moon'' or ''Sweet Summer Sun'' since they are subpar shows compared to any prior releases, but to see the real thing live every now and then is still a nice experience.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:45

One last studio album, one last tour. Retire. Put out everything they got in the vaults.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:45

“but to see the real thing live every now and then is still a nice experience.”

Huh, so easy, eh? Just like having a cup of tea out?

This doesn’t make me look good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2017 02:49

Just wrote this in another thread, but the last great shows were the 50 and Counting with Mick Taylor. I saw four of them, and the grand finale of those for me was at Staples Center on May 20th when he played on four songs (Sway, CYHNK, Rambler, and Satisfaction). It was the last greatest Stones show I ever saw. Since then, I saw one Zip code (average), the two Desert Trips (can't complain), and the *Vegas show (Mick was sick), but they all seemed anticlimactic after seeing those 50 and Counting shows - especially the last *Vegas show. If they ever come back, I'd probably try and see one more, but can already tell you it won't/can't compare to some of the greatest shows I've seen since 1981 (unless some sort of miracle happens).

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 29, 2017 08:36

I think it is a bit selfish as well as unrealistic to have The Stones 2\3 year plans all mapped out for them. The Stones ..especially at this age.. take projects ONE-At-A-Time ... They always have .. I mean .. at least one adventure at a time ..one year at a time.. Right now ..at this age they seriously have to keep that as is.

I am sure they are not thinking / planning / contemplating shows in 2018 or 2019 for crying out loud.

Anything can happen and at this stage they play one project at a time ... one time frame at a time. If its to break or rest or vaca then that is what they plan on. If its an album up next that is all they plan on. If its a tour its one tour at a time. If its an exhibit its only that.

For us to have their next 2,3, or even four or five year plans for them tentatively mapped out is not only selfish ... it's ridiculous and without a basis.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 29, 2017 08:47

IanBillen
I think it is a bit selfish as well as unrealistic to have The Stones 2\3 year plans all mapped out for them. The Stones ..especially at this age.. take projects ONE-At-A-Time ... They always have .. I mean .. at least one adventure at a time ..one year at a time.. Right now ..at this age they seriously have to keep that as is.

I am sure they are not thinking / planning / contemplating shows in 2018 or 2019 for crying out loud.

Anything can happen and at this stage they play one project at a time ... one time frame at a time. If its to break or rest or vaca then that is what they plan on. If its an album up next that is all they plan on. If its a tour its one tour at a time. If its an exhibit its only that.

For us to have their next 2,3, or even four or five year plans for them tentatively mapped out is not only selfish ... it's ridiculous and without a basis.

Well . . I agree up to a point, but don't we already know that they're thinking/planning/contemplating shows for 2018, at least?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 29, 2017 11:40

leahoneill
Its only time to "call it a day" when the Stones want to do so..and only the Stones..

Ultimately it is their decision, and most reasonable, objective people would encourage them to call it a day...soon.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 29, 2017 11:44

IanBillen

Agreed. I'm simply suggesting if they are going to do anything in Summer 2018 it probably needs to be discussed immediately after the New Year. It would give them six months -- tops -- to prep and plan for it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-29 11:45 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 29, 2017 13:29

StonedInTokyo
IanBillen

Agreed. I'm simply suggesting if they are going to do anything in Summer 2018 it probably needs to be discussed immediately after the New Year. It would give them six months -- tops -- to prep and plan for it.
2018 in UK is already planned and will happen if all of them are in good health.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 29, 2017 14:22

StonedInTokyo
leahoneill

Ultimately it is their decision, and most reasonable, objective people would encourage them to call it a day...soon.

What's reasonable or objective about urging retirement when they are clearly still healthy enough to perform and, more importantly, they still enjoy it?

Here's to the summer of 18 - it can't come quick enough for this Stones fan. cool smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 29, 2017 14:54

I expect at least another US 14 gigs "tour", probably more (Japan)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 29, 2017 15:08

Bjorn
Retire.

That ..... is the one thing they will never do !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 29, 2017 23:08

Summer 2018 UK and Ireland
Early 2019 Asia and Australia
Fall 2019 USa and canada
Summer 2020 Europe

These are my expectations (health allowed)

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 29, 2017 23:14

Time waits for no one.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 29, 2017 23:15

They need to tour in support of a new album of original material.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 29, 2017 23:18

beachbreak
They need to tour in support of a new album of original material.

They have toured very successfully every year since 2012 without doing that and can continue to do the same.A new album would be great.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-29 23:19 by Nate.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 29, 2017 23:18

powerage78
Time waits for no one.

Which is why I think it's absurd to talk about touring next summer... Why not start touring in January, if they really want to play they can always book some clubs.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 30, 2017 01:02

Mick got a new 22yr old girlfriend. Retire I think not...

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 30, 2017 02:01

ohmercy61

Are you cereal? Link please!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 30, 2017 03:07

ohmercy61
31 yr old got dumped for younger chick

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 30, 2017 03:38

FrogSugar
ohmercy61

Are you cereal? Link please!

All Stones fans favor Rice Crispies.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: October 30, 2017 04:23

I think they’re pretty much set up for another year.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-30 04:29 by Straycat13.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 30, 2017 05:21

StonedInTokyo
IanBillen

I agree... The Stones live in 6-8 month time frames as of right now. I mean I am sure they are 'thinking' .."Hey after we finish this album I suppose we will tour" .... in the back of their head. Sort of an unsaid thing .. but I dont think anyone in their camp has dates, or negotiations or official plans on anything.

This UK Tour I keep hearing about? Like what is that based on? I think that is all wishful thinking. I think they will hit The States next tour in support or somewhat in conjunction with an album <before> doing the UK (although the UK will certainly be the candidate to follow).

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home