Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Rolling Stones -Future
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: November 1, 2017 11:18

Hairball wrote:

"If they can't sell out Vegas, they'll have a hard time selling out anywhere else. Many casual fans would think "Oh no, not them again", and with the outrageous prices, many arenas/stadiums would possibly only be half full".

I don't Know whether Las Vegas is a "barometer" for the market in the US, you know it much better, of course. But, judging by videos, photographs and reviews, the stadiums were filled during Zip Code tour. And average attendance par stadium show was 47,213. They managed almost the same number on 1997-98 tour, wherever the venues were the same (yes, I did some calculations after Zip Code tour, based on official statistics).

Well, maybe for North Americans would be "too much" a third Stones tour in 5 years (2013, 2015, 20i8), by the current prices. But, if this is true, if you are not that avid to see the Stones one more time, hey, let them thinking about a contingency of another European mini -tour (fall tour, probably), after the UK gigs...

Why not, if their health, powers and mood are OK? There are many European countries/big cities, where the Stones haven't played since 2014 or even since 2007.

So, Mick, Keith, see what Hairball says and keep the band worm for another European tour!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2017 18:25

Vegas is a good baromoeter due to the fact that there's a constant flow of new people in and out...tourists from all over the world...willing to spend money on entertainment.
This is why some acts set up shop there and have residencies that are sometimes endless. Santana, John Fogerty, Elton John and Steely Dan (to name a few) recently have done limited runs at venues of varying size at least once - some of them much longer than others, while acts like Brittney Spears and Celine Dion (and even old timer Wayne Newton) are in it for the long haul. If the Stones can't even sell out one show there in an average sized arena, something tells me it would be hard for them to sell out arenas/stadiums elsewhere. It's most likely the fact the tickets were WAY overpriced (all floor seats and most lower loge were originally $750+ fees), but could also be to over saturation as you say...have they worn out their welcome in the eyes of diehards? For some of us yes. And for the the common fan? For most of them, yes. There's no chance they will ever lower the prices, they will only get more expensive, and most rational people are not be willing to pay that much for basically the same show.

laertisflash
"Well, maybe for North Americans would be "too much" a third Stones tour in 5 years (2013, 2015, 20i8), by the current prices. But, if this is true, if you are not that avid to see the Stones one more time, hey, let them thinking about a contingency of another European mini -tour (fall tour, probably), after the UK gigs..."

Exactly my point.

As for me, I'd be willing to see them again here in the states, but ONLY if I could get a cheap ticket at around $100, and only if it is somewhere in my neighborhood (Southern California) or if I happen to be to be in Vegas again with my wife. Otherwise, I have memories for a lifetime and have seen them more times than was probably necessary. My uncle used to joke with me when I told him I was taking some time off work for a vacation - the first thing he always said was "where you going...to see the Rolling Stones again"?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 1, 2017 20:34

Anybody paying over $100/ €100 for a ticket to see this act now is a mug punter of the worst kind. If the Stones were a car the diagnosis would be that the engine is shot. From the greatest most dangerous RnR band in the world to this. Sad.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: November 1, 2017 20:36

"where you going...to see the Rolling Stones again"?

Ha ha ha... Sometimes my friends were saying the same, when I was informing them "guys I 'm going on a trip". But, know something? They were right, in most cases I was going to see the Stones again! Somewhere in Europe...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 1, 2017 21:24

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-01 21:34 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2017 00:58

vertigojoe
From the greatest most dangerous RnR band in the world to this. Sad.

The Donald, is that you?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 5, 2017 16:49

vertigojoe
Anybody paying over $100/ €100 for a ticket to see this act now is a mug punter of the worst kind. If the Stones were a car the diagnosis would be that the engine is shot. From the greatest most dangerous RnR band in the world to this. Sad.

then go away from this site and play with your vertigo.Doubt if you have one.
bye bye.
jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 5, 2017 18:08

vertigojoe

Feel free to think anyway you want - but I pitty you. I really do...

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home