Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones shirts in parking lot for sale????
Posted by: Luckystone ()
Date: September 15, 2005 17:44

I was wondering what people's experience has been this tour with t-shirt availability in parking lot. I want to get a small stones shirt for my kid (5 years old). Think I will have any problem finding one at Giants Stadium in the parking lot before the concert?

Thanks for input!

Re: Stones shirts in parking lot for sale????
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 15, 2005 20:31

i dint see any small one for sale at MSG, though i got a nice tie dye one for 10 bucks outside the garden. of course after a few washings there might not be any Stones info left on it.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 15, 2005 20:33

Most of the parking lot T-shirts will shrink down to fit your kid if you buy an adult large. They're cheap and poorly made.

Posted by: mark ()
Date: September 15, 2005 21:50

During Licks at the Tacomadome, just prior to the show I was walking through a unlit parking lot and spotted two of Tacoma's best, their police cruisers parked in the shadows, trunks (boots) open and they were in the process of tighening up their flack jackets and loading their Glauks.

I position myself to pass right behind them, they take no notice of my approach. I get right between the officers and lean into the blackness of one of the cruiser trunks and joke "is this were I get the bootleg tee shirts" jesting about how dark it is and an idiot asking the cops.

Well one guy starts laughing the other belts out into the darkness "you do buddy and it will be the last F#*K'in Tee Shirt you ever buy".

Moral of the story....don't F#*k with the troups, they don't all have a sence of humor.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2005 22:09

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of the parking lot T-shirts will shrink down
> to fit your kid if you buy an adult large. They're
> cheap and poorly made.

I don't buy many t-shirts, but I got one outside a Chili Peppers concert on their 2003 tour... still fits fine... 10 bucks it was.

Outside the Soldier Field gig I picked up a Stones T for 10 bucks too... looks like decent quality shirt.

Question is if you can find a small or medium for your kid in the parking lot. Mostly they only sell XL's in the parking lots.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 16, 2005 00:11

Bootleg shirts are kind of cool.. the uglier the artwork and misspelled cities adds charm. seriously. I'm not concerned that the Band is not profiting. The money I put into the band has probably bought them all lawn mowers.

Posted by: Jack Flash ()
Date: September 16, 2005 00:14

I agree with you trainarollin. I love my Rolling Stones "Lick" tour shirt. I can't wait to get a quickly made, extra thin bootleg t-shirt for $10.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 16, 2005 00:33

Outside of Soldier Field I picked up a tshirt for $10 as did my buddy. At night in what light there was the tshirts looked pretty decent. On closer inspection while riding the train I found that the shirt had been printed ONTOP of another concert tshirt. I can easily see the words "Elton John" under the Stones tongue print. Its pretty funny but I do hate loosing $10. Better than loosing $35 for an official tshirt, my opinion. Besides, you can get any gear you want on ebay for less than half the price at shows.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 16, 2005 09:17

Did the Pope ever have problems with Bootlegging?

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: September 16, 2005 09:32

question is does it survive the first wash?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2005 09:40

stonedmike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> question is does it survive the first wash?

That is the bottom line... if the shirt makes it through the first couple washes, it's gonna hold up reasonably well. I like my 10 dollar Soldier Field shirt, it wasn't printed over an Elton John gig, it fits, no problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home