Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

classical songs missing on the No Filter Tour (so far)
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 3, 2017 23:46

please note: this thread is not meant to be about your dream setlist. It's for listing songs that used to appear more or less regular on setlist during the last twenty years but have not been performed on this tour (yet):

- Dead Flowers
- Wild Horses
- Let It Bleed
- Angie
- Sweet Virgina
- Before They Make Me Run
- Bitch

(note: Wild Horses, Angie and Before They Make Me Run haven't even been on the song vote)

Re: classical songs missing on the No Filter Tour (so far)
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 3, 2017 23:49

Many of those songs were played in South America last year. I like that they have been playing other songs in the song vote slot and would be happy if they didn't play any of those you listed save BTMMR.

Date: October 3, 2017 23:51

well, this is not about complaining but just a simple observation.
(still I would prefer any of the songs listed above to Brown Sugar, Miss You, Satisfaction etc.)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2017 23:59

slewan
please note: this thread is not meant to be about your dream setlist. It's for listing songs that used to appear more or less regular on setlist during the last twenty years but have not been performed on this tour (yet):

- Dead Flowers
- Wild Horses
- Let It Bleed
- Angie
- Sweet Virgina
- Bitch

(note: Wild Horses, Angie and Before They Make Me Run haven't even been on the song vote)

All of the above should be played this tour, and hopefully they will at some point, but time is running out....

Bitch is the only one that might suffer as it really relies on nailing that timeless riff, and unless it's slow it down (God forbid) they might not be able to do it justice anymore imo.

No complaining or whining, just making an observation.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:03

You Got The Silver...

Date: October 4, 2017 00:05

MonkeyMan2000
You Got The Silver...

Yes.

And Little T&A.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:13

They still have six shows to go, so if they continue playing one not played before song every night, we might hear some of them...

Date: October 4, 2017 00:15

MonkeyMan2000
They still have six shows to go, so if they continue playing one not played before song every night, we might hear some of them...

maybe, but I guess they'll pick from their song vote list, see: [iorr.org]

Date: October 4, 2017 00:46

I hope Keith mixes up his set a bit, like he did last year in SA. Would love to hear YGTS and BTMMR

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:49

"Bitch is the only one that might suffer as it really relies on nailing that timeless riff, and unless it's slow it down (God forbid) they might not be able to do it justice anymore imo".

Hmmm... I doubt that your observation is absolutely right, Hairbaill. I mean, Keith starts in the "usual" tempo songs like "Midnight Rambler" and "Satisfaction". I'm not sure that the riff of "Bitch" is much harder for him... Maybe he just needs one- two rehearsals, if the band does decide to play it.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:55

laertisflash
"Bitch is the only one that might suffer as it really relies on nailing that timeless riff, and unless it's slow it down (God forbid) they might not be able to do it justice anymore imo".

Hmmm... I doubt that your observation is absolutely right, Hairbaill. I mean, Keith starts in the "usual" tempo songs like "Midnight Rambler" and "Satisfaction". I'm not sure that the riff of "Bitch" is much harder for him... Maybe he just needs one- two rehearsals, if the band does decide to play it.

Yeah maybe so...Bitch is a bit quicker than those two though, and even though it might sound like a simple riff, it relies alot on precision and timing.
It has been on the song vote lists, so it must have been rehearsed...maybe we will hear it before the tours over.

Date: October 4, 2017 01:00

Hairball
laertisflash

Yeah maybe so...Bitch is a bit quicker than those two though, and even though it might sound like a simple riff, it relies alot on precision and timing.
It has been on the song vote lists, so it must have been rehearsed...maybe we will hear it before the tours over.

Keith only plays lead on Bitch anyway. Ronnie plays the riff. And it's always counted in by Chuck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 01:00 by MonkeyMan2000.

Date: October 4, 2017 01:09

MonkeyMan2000
Hairball
laertisflash

Keith only plays lead on Bitch anyway. Ronnie plays the riff. And it's always counted in by Chuck

Good point.

Date: October 4, 2017 01:19

Thanks MonkeyMan for the reminder. God, it was 14 years ago when I did catch 'Bitch" live, for the last time. Stade De France, 2003...

Date: October 4, 2017 01:31

I think the last time I saw them play Bitch was when Dave Grohl joined them at Honda Center,Anaheim 2013, and believe it or not it wasn't too bad.
While it might have been a bit heavy handed, and Grohls singing didn't work very well when he sang a verse, it had alot of energy.

One minute snippet via youtube:

Grohl Bitch

Have to say Mick also seems a bit out of control in the vocal department here...

Date: October 4, 2017 01:37

No bad at all!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 5, 2017 12:52

Hairball
MonkeyMan2000
Hairball
laertisflash

Good point.

Bitch at the Fonda is phenomenal (I have the itunes download) and that wasn't that long ago ...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 5, 2017 16:06

The Stones play rock, not classical.

Bach Rachmaninov Overdrive... that's classical.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 5, 2017 16:13

I think Live with me and All down the line belong on this little list too.
Maybe She's so cold and When the whip comes down as well.
Edit: Oh, and Worried about you.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 16:13 by marcovandereijk.

Date: October 5, 2017 16:28

I think that it's pretty obvious that there is no "You Got the Silver" on this tour because it was played at every concert on the last European tour in 2014. Plus the 2007 tour almost every show in Europe. Plus many times in 1999.

Classic songs missing from this tour (if you ask me) :

1) Heart of Stone

2) Waiting On a Friend

3) Play With Fire (except for the first night)

4) Time is on My Side

5) Undercover of the Night

6) Love in Vain

7) Emotional Rescue

8) When the Whip Comes Down

Also,I agree with "Let it Bleed" .... could be performed a little bit more often.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 5, 2017 16:46

Ruby Tuesday

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 5, 2017 17:01

schillid
The Stones play rock, not classical.

Bach Rachmaninov Overdrive... that's classical.

Ode To Jumpin' Jack Flash

19th Nervous Symphony

Exile Suite

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 5, 2017 17:49

Time to introduce Do You Think I Really Care or No Spare Parts

Date: October 5, 2017 18:58

Mono Box Variations

Date: October 5, 2017 18:58

Symphony For The Devil

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 5, 2017 19:00

slewan

- Dead Flowers
- Wild Horses
- Let It Bleed
- Angie
- Sweet Virgina
- Bitch

Yes! hot smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2017 04:37

schillid
Symphony For The Devil

I think I actually have that album...isn't that a cd of classical covers of stones songs from the 90s?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home