Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stone
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 13, 2005 22:45

Did anyone see this? Ronnie seems like a beaten man. At least he knows where he stands.
Overall, RS seems to gush over the Stones

Re: Rolling Stone
Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 13, 2005 22:55

I saw the abbreviated version they have on the web, which can be found at [www.rollingstone.com]

It cuts off before Ronnie's comments. Do you have the full version that you can post, by any chance? Or, can you tell us what Ronnie said?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 13, 2005 22:59

I don't have it on-line. He talks about his inability to bring songs of his own to the Stones, how he wrote a bad financial deal in 1975, also how he misses partying

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:14

I agree...he's like a whipped dog...he seems so sad in interviews and pictures. I'm shocked at the treatment given him by Mick and Keith recently. Would it have KILLED them to let him have a songwriting credit on ONE song, particularly in light of all he's going through and in view of how important it turns out that it is to him? It couldn't have been any worse than some of the numbers on there...might have been some creative fresh air even!
Part of being an addict is low self-esteem. It must be obvious to him that he's been relegated to the same role as Darryl Jones. It appears that Mick and especially Keith feel that the REAL Rolling Stones are the three originals, and would be fine with that line-up, just hiring a guitar player for tours.
It seems amazing that Ronnie would stay in a situation that brings such small personal creative rewards. They treat him like an annoying stepchild...can't sing, can't play his guitar too loud, can only move where Mick lets him, won't listen to his song input...
Sure there's the money but he has all that he'll ever need. It must be very boring being Ron Wood. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he just said, "Well, who cares...I'll just start drinking and smoking again." Another casualty of the callous Glimmer Twins.
If I were him, I'd regroup the Faces and record albums and tour with them and tell the Stones to stuff it! I mean, he and Rod still look almost exactly the same as they did twenty years ago!
(Sorry...I feel very protective of Ronnie...I met him once and he was the kindest, most humble and gracious star you could ever hope to meet).

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:44

Jack Knife - I have the same reaction as you. I don't think Ronnie will ever bolt from the band - but he certainly has enough reason to consider it. Sad, ain't it? But, I guess he, better than anyone, understands what goes into being part of this band with these two massive egos.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 13, 2005 23:44

I agree with you jack. I talked about that few weeks ago. I had some replies about what if I don't like the stones I must listen some other groups. We are not authorized by the others fans to write bad things about mick and keith.
The battle is not equal, ronnie is a really good guy, friendly with everybody. It's too easy for mick and keith to do that with a guy like Ronnie. Could they the same thing with other. They don't try.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 14, 2005 00:35

RonnieĀ“s Great!

Re: Ronnie
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 14, 2005 00:45

sigh: yeah, thanks & praises to the good Ron Wood - no one else could fill that space. his amazing grace in that hard role moves me, and i fret about what it costs him. sure do wish him all kinds of joy and blessings ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 14, 2005 00:59

Let me play devil's advocate for a moment and say that if Ronnie knew 30 years ago that he could choose:

(the red pill) to play with the Stones as a guitarist, while making little or no impact on the writing or song selection but get to play for 30 years with the best band in the world
or
(the blue pill) to play with your own band or as a solo artist where you have complete creative control, but probably little exposure (relatively speaking) and no really good chance of having a career that would come close to 30 years

What's it gonna be the red or the blue pill?

Come to think of it, Ronnie's already answered that question by staying in the band. He could've put out more solo or Barbarian stuff, had he so chosen.

Hell, I know what choice I'd have made.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: September 14, 2005 01:33

Jack Knife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree...he's like a whipped dog...he seems so
> sad in interviews and pictures. I'm shocked at
> the treatment given him by Mick and Keith
> recently. Would it have KILLED them to let him
> have a songwriting credit on ONE song,
> particularly in light of all he's going through
> and in view of how important it turns out that it
> is to him? It couldn't have been any worse than
> some of the numbers on there...might have been
> some creative fresh air even!
> Part of being an addict is low self-esteem. It
> must be obvious to him that he's been relegated to
> the same role as Darryl Jones. It appears that
> Mick and especially Keith feel that the REAL
> Rolling Stones are the three originals, and would
> be fine with that line-up, just hiring a guitar
> player for tours.
> It seems amazing that Ronnie would stay in a
> situation that brings such small personal creative
> rewards. They treat him like an annoying
> stepchild...can't sing, can't play his guitar too
> loud, can only move where Mick lets him, won't
> listen to his song input...
> Sure there's the money but he has all that he'll
> ever need. It must be very boring being Ron Wood.
> It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he just
> said, "Well, who cares...I'll just start drinking
> and smoking again." Another casualty of the
> callous Glimmer Twins.
> If I were him, I'd regroup the Faces and record
> albums and tour with them and tell the Stones to
> stuff it! I mean, he and Rod still look almost
> exactly the same as they did twenty years ago!
> (Sorry...I feel very protective of Ronnie...I met
> him once and he was the kindest, most humble and
> gracious star you could ever hope to meet).

Even though I am more of a Mick Taylor fan, I do feel sort of bad for Ron. I would hate to have happen to him what happened to Mick T. Mind you, if I was in his position, and they were treating me like that, I'd have plenty of money and would just tell them to go kiss my ass.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home